A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spring/Summer Wardrobe Sewalong  (Read 22327 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oneredboot
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2008 08:16:39 AM »

i like how you're breaking it down by month! i'm feeling overwhelmed and should do the same...

my storyboard has shifted quite a bit since i posted it a few months ago!  but so far i've finished two tops and a dress.   i'm currently in the midst of a loose batiste top, a linen dress, and a shift / nightgown-y thing.  i'll try to take photos soon and post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violette28
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008 07:20:54 PM »

I really want to join in, but I don't think I will get to until school is over at the end of May.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i am not creative
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008 07:41:51 PM »

I may need to do a summer storyboard as I just picked up eight new patterns at the recent JoAnn's sale! Never mind all of the BurdaStyle stuff I'm going to be printing out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skarinja
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2008 07:39:31 AM »

I completely agree about burdastyle stuff. I feel like everyday I just discover a new pattern on it and go "how did I not see that before?" I was planning on making a ton of shorts and stuff for summer but I decided instead to buy shorts (got a couple pairs for $20, can't beat that) since they're not the most fun to make and having a reinforced good seam at the crotch is a comforting factor. I think instead I'm gonna focus on making dresses for the summer that I can continue to wear into fall with a sweater or hoody on top or a t underneath. I also want to get to work on some fall stuff like blazers, interesting hoodies (high collars, different necklines, asymmetrical zippers, long sleeves) and some warm hip length jackets. I plan on basically modifying the Burdastyle long sleeve shirt for a lot of stuff too. I realized other than a few summer dresses, I don't need much for summer. Shorts and tank tops are good enough.

Anyone else thinking about Fall instead?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
MirthFairy
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2008 07:51:58 AM »

What's fun about Las Vegas, is the lack of fall. It's summer until one day you wake up and it's freezing. We do get a sort of spring, though. Right now we're going through a sort of spring/summer transition, where one day will be blazing and the next will be chilly. We even got a little rain(which I missed  Cry. stupid sleep)

Even with the 100 degree weather, I still only wear skirts and long pants all summer. Still hate shorts.

Anyways, I have actually gotten started on s4077 w/ nl6732 sleeves. I actually altered the pattern (moved the bust point up an inch) and I have it laid out ready to cut. Go me! I might finish it tomorrow. Was going to add piping, but that's up in the air right now. Couldn't get the piping right, darn it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008 04:17:25 PM »

oneredboot - sounds like you're a very productive seamstress!  Grin I can't wait to see what you've come up with.  I think breaking it down into mini-wardrobes is nice - it makes it easier to think about than one big wardrobe.  For the big wardrobe, I get kind of hung up on "all tops must go with all bottoms" and stuff like that, but breaking it up makes it a little easier to think about.  I think all my pieces will end up going together anyway, but this way it doesn't seem as strict (and I tend to play by the "rules").   Wink

MirthFairy - your top sounds really cute.  Can't wait to see how it comes out!  Great that you've given your alteration skills a little practice - it is really nice when you can do the alterations beforehand and have your garment come out just right the first time around.

violette28 and i am not creative - welcome!  Anyone can feel free to join in at any point - I'll probably still be sewing summer stuff until July, when I have to leave for a summer program.  I'll be gone for 3 weeks -- all the more reason to have a nice mix-and-match wardrobe ready. Smiley

I finished this shirt last night:

The pattern is Simplicity 2936 - I highly recommend it for anyone looking for an easy summer top!  It was so quick to make.  As far as alterations, I cut the size based on my high bust measurement and did a full bust adjustment before cutting out the fabric - added 1" in width to the front and increased the tucks by 1/4" each to take out the excess in the waist.  I also added 1/2" to the length in the front tapering to nothing at the sides.  I plan to make another instead of another pattern I was planning because this was so easy and fit so well!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing message board: Sew What's Up
i am not creative
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2008 03:22:40 PM »

No welcome needed for me, I've been here since page 2! Smiley

But my original storyboard is no longer relevant due to purchases and our new printer, which is allowing me to print off all of those BurdaStyle patterns. I'm right along with you, Skarinja, because as the year wears along, I'm thinking some more year-round items would be the most practical. I downloaded the Ruby shorts pattern and I think I'm going to make it into some capris instead, and I too am aiming for dresses. I'm also thinking of my fall knitting already. Fall's more my season than spring and summer anyway! It's been so cold here that I forget it's ever going to be warm this year, so versatility is definitely needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2008 08:41:11 PM »

Oops!  Sorry for the brain fart - welcome back, then, I guess!   Wink  I'm looking forward to seeing your summer plan.

I am well on my way, but sweating a little bit with only 10 days left in the mini-wardrobe contest.  I have all my pieces cut out for the next 3 garments, and a pair of shorts nearly finished.  I have basted them to check the fit, so I think they will be ok, but I'm still a little nervous. The skirt and second blouse should be a bit less nerve wracking Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2008 10:08:34 AM »

Well, I finished my mini-wardrobe!
(click for a larger picture)

And here are some more pictures: Mini-Wardrobe Album

The tops are from Simplicity 2936, and the bottoms are from Simplicity 3846.  Here's my contest entry on Pattern Review: Mini Wardrobe Review.  I even finished with 2 days to spare!  Sewing for the contest was fun, but I hope I won't be sewing with a deadline again very soon.   Wink  Now the question is...what to do next?  I have extra fabric to make a jacket that matches the skirt and shorts, so I might start on that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MirthFairy
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2008 11:01:53 AM »

very pretty! I like it!! Cheesy

Update on my stuff: My floral 4077/6732 mush together is almost done. I would have been done quickly, but some problems with the collar (slightly confusing instructions) and HUGE sales at works (causing to to be really tired an unmotivated at home), slower progress.

If I get both projects done this weekend, I'm going to buy my next project. Not sure what it'll be yet. Probably a shirt, since bottom weights aren't on sale yet.

Big 60% off sale at Joann's for summer fabric for those who need them! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook White Beans
How to Make Cheese Souffle
How to make Salmon 1-2-3
How to make Steak Verde 1-2-3
How to make Seafood Wrap 1-2-3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...