A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Deck of cards = awesome, easy, romantic gift!  (Read 189190 times)
Tags for this thread: playing_cards , craftster_best_of_2008 , 52_reasons  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultimate_sacrifice
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008 12:25:31 PM »

I LOVE THIS!! I want to make one! But first.. would you reccomend me buying a xyrom? I've been wondering about it for sometime.. Do you have to refill it a lot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008 12:35:52 PM »

I have to start narrowing my list of 'whys' now... will be difficult  Wink

I knew it would be super-hard for me too! That's why I just decided to go with the first 52 I came up with. After I came up with 52, I kept thinking, "Oh! And that! And that too! And I love THAT!" But I had committed to the first 52 and I stuck with it. So if you're having a hard time narrowing, that's one way of handling it.

Super Cute-- Im going to have to start thinking of 52 reasons....   well...maybe i'll use a half deck --- or 10  or 5 cards???     heee heeeeee

Aww... c'mon! Wink I think if you started to make a list, you'd find you have a lot more than 5 or 10 reasons you love your honey! Sweets4ever did 101 -- maybe she can help you out!

I LOVE THIS!! I want to make one! But first.. would you reccomend me buying a xyrom? I've been wondering about it for sometime.. Do you have to refill it a lot?

I love my Xyron with a white-hot passion. I have the 510, which allows you to make stickers, laminated stickers, cold laminate, and magnets. (You need a separate cartridge for each one). They're usually about $50, but with Joann's ubiquitous 40% off coupons, you should be able to get it for less. The sticker cartridge is 18 feet long, so that's a lot of stickers. I don't replace it all that often, but if you use it a lot, you'll have to replace it more (obviously). The sticker cartridges cost about $17 each for me locally, but, again, I use my 40% off coupon for a discount. What's nice is that you can swap out cartridges easily at any time, so you don't have to use up, say, the magnet (7 feet long) when you want to make stickers.

I also have the little tiny Xyron sticker maker, which makes stickers that are 1.5 inches wide (the 510 is 5 inches wide) and it's only $10 (before coupon!) and would be perfect for this project. It comes with a 20 foot cartridge and re-fills are $5. For that price, that little thing cannot be beat.

Having said all of that, if you're on a tight budget, you could easily make this project with good old-fashioned glue (and, of course, loooove Wink ). The Xyron makes it easier, but if you've got glue, go for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
orangeorange
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008 01:13:34 PM »

This is awesome!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PetitMer
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008 01:32:45 PM »

How sweet! I love this idea, how thoughtful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008 01:55:31 PM »

That is really clever! I love the scrabble tiles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
MelCap
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008 02:15:47 PM »

I started my list  (after 9 yrs of marriage its not as easy as during the early years)

My Ace of hearts is: 
"You never answer yes to "does my butt looks big?"

hows that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008 02:22:41 PM »

how cool!!  i did something like this for the bf a while ago for our 1st anniversary.  here's the link to mine: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150451.msg1490984#msg1490984

i ended up coming up with 179 reasons for loving him.  i had a blast doing it, too.  i kept a little  notebook with me for a couple of weeks leading up to the anniversary and just wrote them down whenever i thought of them.  i really like the compactness of yours.  he can easily pack it up on a trip and it won't take up too much room...and is a great reminder of you.  Smiley  great job kaesea!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008 02:34:36 PM »

I started my list  (after 9 yrs of marriage its not as easy as during the early years)

My Ace of hearts is: 
"You never answer yes to "does my butt looks big?"

hows that?

LOL I love this idea too and after 11 years with my hubby on valentines day (also our anniversary),  I think you've nailed the ace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008 02:46:49 PM »

This is so cute and is a wonderful idea! It's similar to what I did for my boyf for our first year anniversary, an ABC book of us. It had ticket stubs, sayings and a ton of other things like inside jokes. But I think I'm going to do this for him for our 2 year in June. Time to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008 02:50:12 PM »

What an absolutely sweet idea!  I love it - hmmm, we've mostly sworn off V-day, but I might have to start listing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock Dresses Over Pants
‘Pretty Woman’ Dress Code Assembly Stirs Controversy
How to Take a Leather Skirt from Day to Night with Denim and Heels
Thrift-Shop Style: Your Guide to a Vintage Wardrobe
5 Things a Mom Should Never Wear
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...