A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
830 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 to sew swap!  (Read 8211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dazedllama
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008 10:28:02 AM »

Thanks for the complimants, everyone! Now to what the lovely mini sent me:

the supplies - a thimble, stitch unpicker, marking pencil, some decorative thread and a little crafted bag to put it all in with a matching pincushion! The pattern is for several different styles of tote bag. She said she sent me things she can never find when she needs them, and obviously we are very unlike, cause I need all these things! Smiley

This fabulous cushion cover in really soft polar fleece, with a pieced appique made of Japanese fabrics, which are my favourite:

Unfortunately, picture hosting decided to go wonky on me at this point, so I can't show you the great fabrics she sent. But they are really beautiful, and I already have plans for them. Smiley Thanks so much, mini!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008 10:29:01 AM by dazedllama » THIS ROCKS   Logged
squidget
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008 11:42:55 AM »

I received a wonderful package form littlehajerika. A super cute apron, note cards with fabric stitched on them, a craft supplies box (already in use), thread, buttons, and a cherry booklet pin notebook pattern!

Thank you so much! now I'm off to play with my new stuff...hee hee....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfrenia

Yeah, that's me & isaac hanson.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008 11:45:27 AM »

Wow, this is all such great stuff  Grin

I think I totally messed up the "received" on the front page.
The only ones (according to the front page) that HAVE NOT received yet are:
eye_on_sparrow
sulkycat
jillville
munk_munk
crafty_dame
geeber

I double checked my PM's, and none of you have PMed me to say that you received.  Also, if you HAVE NOT yet received and are not on the above list, PM me. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008 11:45:56 AM by cfrenia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy for bags & accessories:
http://www.stitchedcreations.etsy.com/
frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008 12:18:15 PM »

I recieved from Bela on Weds!!  She sent a fantastic package!!

She included some fabrics (one feels like a terry cloth which might become a bath wrap!!) the other two are victorianish and might become purses.  Not sure yet lol.  She sent a couple of packages of buttons, a nice new pair of sissors, two spools of ribbon, some great looking snacks from Hawaii (where she is lucky enough to live!!) elastic!!

The pattern she sent was for a really cute a-line skirt (I forgot to get a picture of it alone and will update this asap to do so!!  Im sorry!!)

And the project she made for me is my long awaited and much needed tote bag!! This one is super cool and the lady at Joanns really liked it!!

Thank you very much for everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
LouraPalmr
Seamstress Of Hairspray Beauty Lounge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008 10:40:42 PM »

wow everyone stuff really came out great. this was such a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

My Etsy - http://www.DevilDogCouture.etsy.com
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2008 02:55:00 PM »

I recieved my lovely package from lukenlarry I will post pictures as soon as possible. 
She sent me a beautiful paper pieced cat quilt.  I will get pictures as soon as possible
THIS ROCKS   Logged

munk_munk
MinkiDynamite ist leiwand Oida!

Schock schwere Not!

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008 10:27:53 AM »

I've received two (!!) fabulous packages from edel today! Me and my "lovely" cat had a lot of fun opening Wink - next time i will lock her out fore sure HA!

Happily together:

Medium Item - a fantastic bag, made from some awesome green (my favourite colour) vintage fabric. There is a front pocket and 3 pockets on the inside! It's pretty big, which is perfect for carrying all my crap and books for university!

Fabrics - I love them all, but my favourite is the pink brown one! I can't wait to get my sewing machine out of her pajamas Wink

Goodies - Super cute needlebooklet and pincushion (with fabric covered button!), i really need those! One clasp for a small purse! One loong vintage lace! Brown safety eyes for my plushies, they will look gorgeous! Theeen i've got a lovely pink bracelet, a small notebook + fabric covered pencil aaand little chicken magnets for Eastern Wink

Sweets - loads of sugar - yay Smiley I can't get anything of that stuff over here (except butterfinger in one supermarket) and i love to eat foreign sweets! It's amazing how different chocolate, cookies and what so ever tastes in other countries! Who besides Irish and British would mix Milk&Mint??? Do you, Americans? I don't know. CRAZY!  Grin thanks edel, i would have never believed if anyone had told me Smiley The Caramels are especially yummy!

Tutorials - no pictures! "How to make Duvet Covers" "How to make Pillow Cases" "How to make a Quillow" - I have a lot to do now Wink

Hope you are all jealous Wink

Thank you edel for being such a great partner, and thank you Cfrenia for organizing!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 10:28:55 AM by munk_munk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Castaways

Saving the world one shopping trip at a time.

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008 11:26:06 AM »

Received!  I'm such a happy girl!  littlehajerika is very talented, thoughtful and fun! and since I received this on Saturday, I gotta explain - I couldn't find my camera!  Turns out we found it in my "Grammy Diaper Bag" 'cause I had been taking pics of my granddaughter and...ok, who knows HOW it got there....
Okay, here are the pics

The whole shebang (repacked in the box)

Fabric - PINK!!!!  And motorcycle and flames!  (how'd you know me and the hubs ride?)

Bling and Buttons!  Yay!

Pattern to make crayon holder for the grandies. And a case to store crafting goodies!

Upscale from fabric postcards - she made fabric NOTE CARDS!  Beautiful!

And.....wait for it......are you ready......can you stand the beauty??

The most beautiful pillow!  Pink!  And flamingo!  And hand embroidery!  Oh, the humanity!  This is so fabulous that words fail me!

littlehajerika , you are amazing and I thank you so much for this swap!  It was my first but has created what just may turn out to be the sweetest addiction! 
And Thanks to Christina for organizing!!!
~~Novena
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008 11:35:33 AM »

Novena! I'm so glad you liked the pillow, I was in love with it once I was done and I am not even a huge pink lover! I think it's started me on a log cabin quilting kick as I am going to make a few for my grandmother as a very late Birthday present.

I thought you might be able to get some use out of the flames and motorcycles because you told me you and your husband ride, I think... Maybe I am just really good, but I don't think so. I bought those in a random bag of fabric at my favorite thrift and had no clue how I would use them.

BTW, I am getting SO MANY postage stamp squares out of the lovely scraps you sent me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Castaways

Saving the world one shopping trip at a time.

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008 12:12:43 PM »

Erika,
I do love the pillow and I'm glad you ended up liking it, despite its "pinkness" (which is only ONE of the reasons I love it so much!)
I'm glad you're able to get lots of postage stamp squares from that fabric(some for you, some for trades).  Is it true that a postage stamp quilt uses only ONE square of each type of fabric and can contain hundreds of squares?
BTW, thot of you yesterday.  Was rummaging around in a 2nd hand store (my favorite St Vinnie's in Santa Clara just outside of Eugene, Oregon - have the biggest craft section in a 2nd hand store I've ever seen!) Anyway, there was a postage stamp quilt top about the size of a small doll blanket or large potholder - very pretty, but just the pieced squares, not finished.  The squares were about 1-1.5".  They wanted $4.50 for it!  Quite a steep price, I thought, but just goes to show that quilts are valuable, and those little postage stamp quilts are 'specially so!
This has been so fun!  Glad we got partner'd up!
~~Novena
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 5
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 4
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 1
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 3
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...