A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 307,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 to sew swap!  (Read 11771 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sulkycat
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008 08:45:10 AM »

thats a lovely pack of treasure bela, i love it all!

& you wont be the last - mine hasnt arrived yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frosty772
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008 12:21:28 PM »

Im really happy that you enjoyed everything!!  I had lots of fun putting it all together!!  You were a great swapping partner!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2008 01:04:05 AM »

yay geeber! i was away and didn't see that you'd posted pics! i'm so glad you posted the modeled pic - i was worried that it wouldn't fit right!

i've been equally bad about posting pics, and i'm really sorry. the last few weeks have been crazy, which is no excuse!

geeber sent me an awesome package!

lots and lots of fabric (which i already have plans for!), a really cool messenger bag pattern that's made by someone within a few hours drive from her, really awesome black stretch pants that i didn't model because they're super duper long on me and it looks really funny cause i'm really short! (geeber left them long and unhemmed so that i could hem them to where i wanted them, which is PERFECT, cause i have about 5 or 6 pairs of capri length black stretch pants, and i've been too lazy to make myself a longer pair!) and CHOCOLATE! andes, my favourites! yum! (my mom stole the york patties as soon as i opened the box, so they're not in the picture!)

and she ALSO made me this awesome shirt! it's super soft and silky and thin, perfect for layering. (i don't have your letter in front of me geeber, so i can't remember what the fiber content was! but i love it!)

this was part of the delay in posting pictures, i finally gave up on the idea of actually modeling it (since that would require cleaning enough of the house to have a clear background in the picture!) and put it on my dressform for the picture. the dressform is much smaller than me, so rest assured that it fits perfectly! and excuse the fact that you can see my dressform's bra through the shirt.... Cheesy

for some reason my camera hated the colour of the shirt, but it's a super lovely olivey green. i tried to edit the pic in photoshop, but it's still not exactly right.

i'm so glad you liked everything! i've actually been playing around with adapting the shirt pattern into a super comfy dress, and i think it's working rather well! i made one with gathering across the front seam line, for a friend who's prego, and it turned out lovely! you should play around with it too!

thank you so much for everything! such a great package!

oh! and i wanted to post a pic of the pattern i sent, because i'm really ridiculously proud of it for some reason!

i traced it out on old bedsheets, which is what i do with all my patterns - they hold up so much better over time, and barely need any pins, since the bedsheet fabric doesn't slip around while you're cutting! i typed up all the instructions in word, and drew/traced the shirt views, scanned them, and inserted the pics into the word document. i tried to create the images in photoshop, but that SO DID NOT work! i'm not that technologically advanced!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2008 02:21:47 PM »

I just got a second package in the mail from my partner!  She sent me an amazing pattern - which I am going to cut some material for this weekend and start working on.... and some wickedly huge buttons that I just adore! I can hardly wait to get started on it - it's a sewing tool organizer for when I go to my sewing group - okay, I am already thinking I need to make one for my knitting machine group and for my embroidery group too.  It is just perfect - and really is right up my alley!

I'll post up pics as soon as I get it all worked out and full up of tools! 

Okay - off to the closet!  Must decide which materials to pull out!  I am just giddy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
geeber

My little pumpkin juice

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2008 07:30:48 PM »

Crafty_dame! I'm so glad you liked everything. The clothing I sent you is not really for modeling, but for under your main clothing. The shirt is 96% rayon (aprox.) & 4% spandex. Yummy on the skin. I tried to send you enough fabric to make a large piece of clothing. I'm so happy you liked everything. I do put a lot of thought into what I send.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 09:04:24 PM by geeber » THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's what she said
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2008 07:32:44 PM »

Ok, I was katmiller79's angel and here is all the loot I sent her way...on to the goodness...oh, image obese (I've always wanted to say that)!

a bag I made

inside of said bag

oodles of super cute fabric

Fat quarters, thread, and cupcakes

Some ribbon

Pattern and permanent markers

Giant rickrack, elephant tape measure and needle case

I tried to include as much stuff that I thought my partner would want.  I thought it was all cute stuff myself!! Wink  Sorry it took so long to post pics, it's something I put off doing on a semi-regular basis.  Hope katmiller79 has fun with all the goodies!! Smiley Smiley

p.s. try not to look at the ugly comforter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2008 08:24:48 PM »

Wow!  What a great angelic package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2008 08:52:36 PM »

Crafty_dame! I'm so glad you liked everything. The clothing I sent you is not really for modeling, but for under your main clothing. The shirt is 96% rayon (aprox.) & 4% spandex. Yummy on the skin. I tried to send you enough fabric to make a large piece of clothing. I'm so happy you liked everything. I do put a lot of thought into what I send.

it was a fabulous package! thank you again! i knew the shirt was for under, i just wanted to model it for the gallery! it seems to work over tank tops though, so i could wear it as outer if i wanted... but i want the softness next to me! you totally sent enough to make clothing! i think i'm going to make a dress out of the red... or a preggo top for a friend who's pregnant - i can't make up my mind! i sent you smaller pieces, because i knew you also made bags, but i hoped the stretch cotton floral would be enough for a garment, it was so pretty!

beckster, kickass angel package! i'm really jealous of that hello kitty ribbon - what a find! and the bag is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2008 12:08:54 PM »

I just got katmiller79's package of goodness in the mail, like 20 minutes ago!!  I'll post pics as soon as I get off my lazy butt Roll Eyes  No, I'll post 'em sometime tonight or tomorrow-keep yer eyes peeled!

Thank you katmiller79!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
katmiller79
Peanut Butter Queen

*Mommy is the Peanut Butter Queen*

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2008 12:28:21 PM »

beckster TOTALLY spoiled my kiddies LOL
My oldest DD went crazy for the hippo fabric (she collects hippos) and promptly demanded it be sewn into something NOW. *blush* that hasnt happened yet LOL .we are waitnig for it to tell us what it wants to be Wink hehehe
thanks SO much beckster. I love it all!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to 4 Kidlets !
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...