A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 to sew swap!  (Read 8680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

munk_munk
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2008 01:33:03 AM »

edel, i'm glad you liked everything  Grin

i love LouraPalmr's new couch quilt. usually i'm not a quilt person - but that one is GREAT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008 04:33:25 AM »

magnetic pin cushions are the best!  I received one in a OWS package (among other goodies) and it is just fantastic!  I found one at Hancock's a bit ago for about $2 (50% off sale on notions!) and it is a magnetic pin cushion and has a seam ripper sticking up the middle of it.  It is awesome - removable seam ripper + magnetic pin cushion.  My favorites!  So I keep one for floor work (cutting since I do not have a table to cut things I have to cut on the floor  Cry ) and the one with the seam ripper stays at the side of my sewing machine.

Love it!!!

THis gallery has been just amazing so far!!
I am totally loving everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
geeber

My little pumpkin juice

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008 05:19:37 AM »

Also a fan of the magnetic pin cushion. My first one fell to the floor, broke in half & I used a rubber band to keep it together until I got a new one. I dont know how any of us survived before this wonderful notion.
You all are so talented & creative. & the home made patterns you are sending are really cool. I can sew, but I sure can not make up stuff. I am a stickler to the patterns. You all are rocking!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's what she said
cfrenia

Yeah, that's me & isaac hanson.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2008 10:28:48 AM »

We are 100% sent (except for our one flaker!)

Thanks for a great swap guys!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy for bags & accessories:
http://www.stitchedcreations.etsy.com/
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2008 10:37:20 AM »

Agg!  I didn't know we had a flaker in the midst here!  Has it been taken care of already?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
cnds1992
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008 05:08:29 AM »

I received my wonderful swap package from craftydeb on Tuesday, some of you may not be aware that I had back surgery on Monday so that is why the pics are late.

Well guess what, I love this woman, she sent exactly what I needed and wanted.

First the group pic:

She sent me some great fabrics to use for bags. She didn't realize it but i needed some solids in a bad way. I have been wanting to make some solid bags with cool patterned appliques and the cord and microsuede will be so perfect for that. The brown plaid is going to be perfect for father's day tool belts. The grid is the ideal lining fabric for those small pouches.

She also sent tons and tons of zipper which I just want to shout about. I am not very good at them yet but with all the great ones she sent and the wonderful bag patterns (with zippers) I should have it down in no time flat.

The other two smalls were these cool vintage looking buttons and new pins which I needed. She also sent some new needles for my machine.

The craft was this cool basket. What is even cooler is that my MIL and I are taking a class to learn to make these on March 29 at our local quilt shop!

I just loved this swap and I loved my partner, she was the best, I hope to be paired with her again soon.

She has an additional package coming from me that contains the pattern and two packs of buttons that I forgot to add to the box. I hope she gets it soon.

Dana

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008 05:31:40 AM »

Yeah!!! I got my wonderful package from the talented dazedllama!
She made me a mini quilt for my guest room, which I love so much. It's a gorgeous apple tree, with yo-yos!

She also sent me ribbons & zippers & buttons & beads & gorgeous fabric. The whole package you can see below.

The pattern she sent, was for an appliqud vegetable garden wall hanging /quilt... the interesting thing about that is on the same day I received her package, I received the seeds I'd ordered for my vegetable garden. Cheesy
Anyway, I'll took a picture of the two together because I'm just amazed at the coincidence! Cheesy

DazedLlama, Thank you so much!!!

And thank you to Cfrenia for organizing!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008 10:13:12 AM by mini - Reason: typos; oh my! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunThreads
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008 06:15:58 AM »

Love the fabric bowl ! The yo-yo tree is such a fun idea. Love it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008 07:08:58 AM »

cnds1992 - I hope you take my bowl in to your class for show and tell!  I dare say though that you don't need to take a class in making them - they are soooo easy (and fun) to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
littlehajerika
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008 09:20:00 AM »

I really love that apple tree wall hanging, it's so cute! Great choice of colors/fabrics on that dazedllama!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Taylor Swift VMAs Makeup Tutorial
DIY Half Moon Mani
Glamour Surprises Fan with an Elevator Makeover
How to Do a Matte Black French Manicure for Halloween
5 Ways to Undo Summer Skin and Hair Damage
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...