A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for a certain fabric...  (Read 725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lee-lee ess.
« on: February 08, 2008 07:52:11 PM »

I'm sure it's probably a hopeless search, but I thought some of you might be able to give me a few ideas.  The people here on craftster generally are pretty amazing!  I'm looking for a particular fabric (picky, I know, please forgive me!  I do have a reason!) and since I'm definately a beginner, I'm at somewhat of a loss.

(Please excuse the quality of my poorly scanned and cropped picture, here.  I tried to lighten it up some, but it didn't help much.)

The only thing I really know about it is that the fabric was probably made in the 70's or 80's... and that the came in these panels with the deer on them.. (I don't even know if that's the correct term?).. and I think the long strips you see were with it as well.

I have scoured through quite a few vintage/repro fabric sites, to no avail, but I was hoping you might be able to give me any favorite sites you may have.  Or maybe even suggestions on search words, or where to find stores, anything really!  I'd really, really love to find this fabric... though I doubt it's going to happen.  A girl can still dream!

Thanks in advance for any help at all, I really do appreciate it!   Smiley

(Oh, and if this is the wrong place for this, I'm sorry!)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008 07:53:35 PM by lee-lee ess. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
funda62
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008 07:06:01 AM »

The best place to start for fabric searches IMHO is quiltshops.com.  Ebay and Etsy are great places to search for vintage fabric.

Here is what I've found so far.

http://www.bnpquilts.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=kits1&productid=Cabinwoodskit--m1&pid=1#Cabinwoodskit--m1
http://www.stitch-n-frame.net/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=Wildlife--m1&productid=Fabric_WILD10&pid=1#Fabric_WILD10
http://cgi.ebay.com/Deer-Pillow-panels-w-coordinating-fabric-by-Hautman_W0QQitemZ290205156203QQihZ019QQcategoryZ71206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008 07:12:23 AM by funda62 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to two lovely girls
Fabric http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5067061.
goldy
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008 11:00:08 AM »

This looks very much like a pillow or cushion panel fabric. I have something simelar to the one posted in the last post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lee-lee ess.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008 07:11:03 PM »

Thanks for the links, they're close.  I may have to settle for something along those lines.  Thanks for the quiltshops.com link, too.  I didn't know about it, and I can see it being a pretty valuable tool.

And thanks goldy, I'll try to start using those as my search terms too. 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anaximander
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008 03:17:27 AM »

definitely a panel fabric - there were TONS of them in the late seventies - early eighties like that - my mother had a very similar set, except with canada geese and ducks. You might try phoning some local consignment shops and just tell them what you're looking for - they may be able to keep an eye out for you as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lee-lee ess.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008 06:08:32 PM »

hmm... I hadn't thought of that.  Thanks for the tip!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funda62
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008 07:08:26 PM »

Also, if your local Wal-Mart still carries fabric you may want to check there for something similar.  They almost always have several panel fabrics for sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to two lovely girls
Fabric http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5067061.
lee-lee ess.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008 03:52:14 PM »

Thanks again, funda62.  I'll have to check Wal-Mart next time I get around to going back home... they still have fabric there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
WWJLD? Jared Leto Offers Hair Inspiration to Us All
The Best and Worst Dressed of the 2014 Grammys
The Best Hairstyles to Match Your Prom Dress
The Michel Mercier Detangling Brush Review
How to Make Your Hair Color Last
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...