A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,538
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: considering a HUGE show - what am I getting in to?  (Read 1117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stitchandtell
« on: February 07, 2008 04:34:09 PM »

**I have asked this on some other forums that I am on - I am searching for as many answers as I can get.**

Okay - here is the story. I have vendor friends that attend a HUGE Christmas market in my area - and they have begged for years for me to come. Well - I am actually thinking about it. But I have to start thinking and planning now - even though the sale is still 9 months away.

Can anyone give me some tips as to how to show the maximum amount of inventory in an 8x10 space? This space will have pipe and drape around at least 2 sides - corners are not gauranteed for anyone. This is a juried show to prevent duplicates of anything - and they had nothing like my work there in the past 3 years. One rule - so selling from boxes on the floor - I think it's tacky anyway, so I would never do that.

Also - this is a very advertised Christmas market - how much stuff would I need to have ready?? ugh - this is enough to stress anybody out - could some of you seasoned vendors help me out here? I have done several smaller shows before, as we have been at this craft for 12 years (mostly word of mouth, but that keeps us going) - but nothing of this magnatude before.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008 10:17:26 AM »

I don't know how to maximize the number of items you have showing because I don't know what you're selling!  But I guess the main rule of thumb is to build up. 

There's no magical number of items you need to have, just make sure you have a good amount and a good breadth of styles/colors if your craft allows for it.  If you're going to continue selling, then you can't really have too many because you can just keep them as inventory to sell later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008 11:40:16 AM »

How big is the show? How many people do they get through the doors? How many vendors? How long is it?

All of the above makes a big difference on how much inventory to take. And of course - what do you sell?

Will you have tables (handy for storing extra product underneath)? Vertical display racks?

I make jewelry and any show I've done I've taken enough inventory to always have a full looking display. Sure you may run out of one style, or one roduct - but you always want to have a good looking booth. Empty booths just aren't inviting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Interview With Comic Book Artist Tim Sale
Supervillain Origins: Dr. Hugo Strange
An Interview with Comic Book Artist Larry Hama
How to Create an Oil Painting of a Tree
How to Mix Colours to Form Green Paint
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...