A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,882
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Urg...What would you want in a wedding album??  (Read 995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tivaclare
« on: February 07, 2008 02:16:10 PM »

I'm making an album for my sister. I thought I had an idea of what direction I wanted to go in, but the more I look at papers/albums/etc the more confused I get. My sis is offering no input and is 1200 miles away, so I can't exactly drag her off shopping.

The only wedding scrapbook I've seen is one I was given as a gift. It's ultra traditional white with pastels and "lovey" designed papers. It's nice and I appreciate it, but really, not very "me" so I'm not sure I want to use it as an example to follow. It's very "cute" I think my sis and I both are more into "classic".

I want this to be an album my sister and her husband can both enjoy. I was contemplating darker colors, but not sure what to go for. I really like browns and grays. My sister will love anything I do, so much of this pressure is self induced.  Roll Eyes

Some albums I'm consider, opinions are very much appreciated!!
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2765&PRODID=prd48586
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2765&PRODID=xprd356802
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2765&PRODID=xprd160715
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2765&PRODID=prd60367 (in chocolate brown)

I also really like this paper, but not so much the price:
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2771&PRODID=prd55726
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beanblossom
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008 04:58:20 PM »

I just got married last summer, and have been thinking about this type of thing b/c I need to make my wedding album.  What about using the colors of your sister's wedding as a guide?  You can also get a plainer, simple paper for the background, and use more expensive paper as accents.  I am thinking of using parts of cards that I received from people as part of my album.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you live each day of your life. -Jonathan Swift
nicolesmemories
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008 09:32:29 PM »

well, first think about her color/flower scheme and maybe go from there. also, think about the colors she loves the best in general. since you said one you received wasnt very you, pick something that is very HER. im sure her husband will appreciate the book, but in the end she will most likely treasure it the most, since your her sister.

for xmas, i made my fiance's father a scrapbook. they hunt together, ever since he was a toddler basically, so even though I do not enjoy that, I did this and it was geared entirely toward things I thought he would like and he loved it! so just try to keep that in mind, if you dont like a paper or sticker or photo, take an objective step back and think if SHE would like it

i hope this helps!!

-nicole
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Cards By Nicole
NicolesMemories.com
tivaclare
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008 08:01:57 AM »

well, first think about her color/flower scheme and maybe go from there. also, think about the colors she loves the best in general. since you said one you received wasnt very you, pick something that is very HER. im sure her husband will appreciate the book, but in the end she will most likely treasure it the most, since your her sister.

for xmas, i made my fiance's father a scrapbook. they hunt together, ever since he was a toddler basically, so even though I do not enjoy that, I did this and it was geared entirely toward things I thought he would like and he loved it! so just try to keep that in mind, if you dont like a paper or sticker or photo, take an objective step back and think if SHE would like it

i hope this helps!!

-nicole

Thanks for the input. My sis and I pretty much have the same taste, so if I won't like it, she most likely won't either. I actually ended up designing her wedding invites because she thought I could figure out what she wanted better than she could. (Silly girl!!)

I'm thinking of black and white.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicolesmemories
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008 11:44:41 AM »

oooo black and white! very classy. that always looks awesome when you put a hand crafted project together using black and white.

I have a few cards that I have made with just black and white and they just are sharp looking. I am actually going to use black and white to create my fiances valentines day card tonight!!

gooood luck. you should post some pics of the book when you're done with it! Smiley I will be doing mine over the summer after my wedding. I am also making one wedding scrapbook for each set of parents as their Christmas gift this upcoming 09 Christmas. so im really interested in seeing what you come up with! the more ideas the better

GOOD LUCK!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Cards By Nicole
NicolesMemories.com
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008 11:00:15 AM »

I was also mentioning black and white, as you said your/ your sister's style tends to be more "classic" than "cute."  Another option is something natural/ botanical, with a pale ivory/ green or beige/ gold color-scheme, with real or fake dried or silk flower and leaf accents.  As  others mentioned, the color scheme of the flowers and dresses of the actual wedding might also give you some ideas;  ie if it's black tie, go with a more formal lay-out, but if she's getting married in a park or at the beach, add more of a casual/ fun look to it.  Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Fix Basic Photo Mistakes
Photography Tips: Adjusting the Shutter Speed
Drone Footage Shows Destruction In Nepal
Vintage Camera Comeback
Tips to Photographing Babies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...