A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SHRINKY DINKS  (Read 104515 times)
Tags for this thread: shrinky_dink , shrinky_jewelry  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

summer_lover
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2006 11:52:14 AM »

Huh i cant see anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VISIT www.myspace.com/morsbags OR www.morsbags.com for more information on helping rid the world of plastic shopping bags - make your own environmentally friendly bag!
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006 01:36:58 PM »

Try a right click and click on show picture - if that doesn't work you can right click and look at prop. and see the address for the site - then just put the address in your web address bar and go to it.

It's at photobucket  - At work (where I'm at right now) some sites are blocked and I can't see the pictures from those sites till I get home :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2006 12:52:06 PM »

Alot of people have been asking where to get shrink plastic.  I couldn't get my hands on some for a long time so I Googled it and found out that shrink plastic is made from plastic with recycle code 6 on it.  Can't quite remember the name for the plastic but basically yoghurt tubs are made from it.  So now, I save all the kids yoghurt tubs and use the bottom of the container (yes, I know, small, but I was making little charms).  I have used the sides but since the sides have already been preformed, it kinda warps the design.  Maybe a funky option for someone?Huh  Anyway, I have heard that the larger yoghurt tubs are from this plastic also so a larger design could be made from these, but I don't eat that sort of yoghurt  Tongue

I have tried disposable plastic plates that were made from recycle code 6 but didn't shrink at all.  Maybe cause the plates were thin and flimsy whereas the yoghurt tubs are thick plastic.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rtkcandy
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2006 01:25:19 PM »

hey there

i just had a look at those shrinky dinks and they look so cool

but i dont really understand what they do?

could i make charms out of them?and how?

ahhh help me all!!!!

im confused lol

candyxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2006 07:26:03 PM »

You draw on the paper larger (3X larger) than you want.  Use a hole punch to make the hole for the pendant.  Bake it, it shrinks and thickens, and VOIla!  Take a look at the novelty earring page on my website if you still want to know what they look like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shampoorobot
ShaMpOOroBoT

i love to make tings.....

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2006 02:39:35 PM »

www.shrinkydinks.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fifitinkerbell
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006 06:27:25 AM »

What are the best kinds of pens to use with shrinkies? I have just made some on "frosted" paper using a red permanent marker sharpie. I put some clear nail polish over the top because I wanted it to be shiney but it has made the shrinkie turn a horrid orange colour. Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugar cookie
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006 07:59:06 AM »

has anyone found that the inkjet printer shrinkies do not flatten all the way? also, mine turned a bit yellow where there was no image. did anyone else have that trouble?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Starwings20
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2006 09:57:58 AM »

I don't know if you are still having the curling and warping problem, but I know if you put the shrinkies on the already heated pan, that can happen. My second batches always came out warped until I figured out that the pan had to be cool when I put it in. But I haven't had that problem with my new brand, so I guess it depends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blueberrybeth

beads on floor, beads in bed, beads in couch...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2006 10:24:05 AM »

What are the best kinds of pens to use with shrinkies? I have just made some on "frosted" paper using a red permanent marker sharpie. I put some clear nail polish over the top because I wanted it to be shiney but it has made the shrinkie turn a horrid orange colour. Any suggestions?

Nail polish will turn color over time, if not right away...it does that to my nails too!!  Anyhoo, you can use some modpodge or other clear varnish over your design post-shrinkage.   Just use a big brush, as too many strokes over the sharpie lines will make it smudge. 

For those who use the "translucent" shrinky stuff...I get better adhesion of marker and colored pencil by sanding the surface down first with some fine-grit sandpaper.   Also, it seems to limit the warping, but I don't know why...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Vegetable Vessels for Dips
Gourd Gobbler Centerpiece
Rustic Holiday Flower Arrangement
How to Create Thanksgiving Centerpieces
Artist Creates Stunning Feather Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...