A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,668
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need flower girl ideas!  (Read 1689 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

all cut up
« on: February 06, 2008 01:42:00 PM »

I'm going to be having two flower girls ages 4 and 6 in my wedding party.  I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for what they could carry down the aisle.  Our colours are brown and orange and it's a Thanksgiving themed wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008 01:47:13 PM »

My my first and probably most obvious idea would be leaves... Smiley
Leaves, greenery and maybe a few flowers like this http://www.karensflowerhouse.com/images/Wedding/image-bouquets/fall%20flower%20girl.jpg

Just seems like that would fit so well with Fall, Thanksgiving and your colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
zarafa
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008 02:19:41 PM »

same here... fall wedding, two flower girls, 4 and 6 (spooky eh?)  Cheesy

mine are carrying these baskets and they will be full of leaves (silk probably) to scatter down the aisle.  i also thought of doing the pomanders... this one is rather fallish
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnydays914
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008 03:27:19 PM »

My little sister will be 4 at the time of our wedding. She'll be carrying a basket (silver with green and cream ribbons) with white and sheer petals (silk) and ivy leaves (also silk). We bought the ivy in springs (50% off from Michaels) and just cut them off the stems. Soooooo cheap!

I really like pomanders too. If my sister was going to be younger, we would have done something that involved less work for her (no throwing, just walking).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all cut up
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008 04:17:36 PM »

Any ideas for how one could carry the rings?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008 06:46:52 PM »

The actual rings?

My oldest younger sister is going to be our honorary "ring bearer." I'm not sure if I'm going to make something for her to carry them in (like a little satin bag to wrap around her wrist) or if she will just keep them looped around her finger.

I know I wouldn't trust a small child with the real rings. Too many things could happen. Fake rings are cheap and easy to attach to a pillow, in a bouquet, or whatever other way you decide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amethystrain
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008 01:50:12 PM »

My friend had a wedding recently with two of the youngest flowergirls (there were 4 total) carried a wide ribbon with a bell tied to each end. Then the girls rang the bells as they walked down the aisle. It was super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008 07:10:59 PM »

First: silk leaves of most varieties peel off their plastic stems quite easily, nicer finished product that the plastic still stuck to the back if you cut them off Smiley

Second: Traditional ring pillows always have a ribbon at the center, that is to tie the rings (or fake rings) to the pillow Smiley
I think a six year old could safely handle the rings up the aisle & during the ceremony, especially if they were tied.

I would not give the pillow/ box/ basket/ pomander to either child untill ten seconds before they are to walk down the aisle.

I've seen a very well behaved but bored eight year old pluck all the petals off 2/3 of the flowers in her boquet because it was the only thing in her hands and she was behaving by not running around beforehand and messing up her dress or hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zenthistle
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008 08:56:06 PM »

I did a cute basket with silk flowers and put silk butterflies in mine..
I know at micheal's they have the foam pumpkins.. you could cut up a pumpkin and turn it into a basket..  or perhaps  use a cornicopia as a flower holder..or attach ribbon so that they could carry it.  (perhap if you use silk flowers you could find a little bird, or some thanksgiving type ornaments inside the basket..)  Perhaps have one girl carry a wooden indian couple and another girl carry a pilgrim couple..  (that would be cute as cake toppers) .. heh.. 
perhaps just having them carry little bibles with there names on them like the pilgrims .. with some flowers tied on top with a pretty bow.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sanjaa
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008 12:26:45 PM »

Maybe one of those halloween pumpkin baskets minus the scary face on them, and instead of petals, leaves in them?  The possibilities are endless.  You can even have them carry plain baskets with petals in the fall colours (orange, brown..)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Newspaper Nails
Muticolor Shatter Nail Mani Tutorial
How to Apply Foundation the Right Way
How to Get a Pretty Bronze Eye
Snookie Makeup Tutorial for Halloween!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...