A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
970 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Givers and Needers Swap Gallery!  (Read 4401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jennickell
« on: February 06, 2008 11:35:12 AM »

Post away girls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008 11:38:05 AM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay i can't wait to see what everyone got!!!  the supplies and thank yous are both supposed to go in here, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Jennickell
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008 11:55:12 AM »

Yep, post your pics and your Thank You pics here.

A little off topic, but thought it was appropriate, I stummbled across some quotes that I thought were fitting in with this swap. (I kinda have a thing for finding a quote or proverb to go with just about any senario)

"For it is in giving that we receive."  - St. Francis of Assisi
To give without any reward, or any notice, has a special quality of its own. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give. - Brabara Bush

Give what you have to somebody, it may be better than you think. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

There is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving - Henry Drummond

"The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving. - Albert Einstein
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahswingset
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008 11:59:46 AM »

wow!  i can't believe people sent already!  so great!  i can't wait to see all the photos!

and thanks for all the very sweet quotes Jennickell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantkarma
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008 09:59:54 AM »

I received yesterday from quilted - I'll post my goods later tonight. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
instantkarma
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008 10:59:17 AM »

Here's what I received from quilted:

Everything I got, all at once...and yes, it's all on my laptop. Since I'm a college student, I pretty much live at my computer.

The kind little note I received on Wonder Woman paper!

The two crochet hooks I got - the gold one basically hasn't left my hand since I received it. Cheesy

The massive amount of knitting needles I received. I guess this means that I have to learn how to knit now.  Roll Eyes

An afghan hook. I've never even heard of an afghan hook...but I'll probably learn how to use it eventually. Smiley

One of my favorite yarns. It's called Merlot, and it's actually one of my favorite colors ever...and it's sooo soft...I can't decide what to make out of it, but I'm leaning towards a possible caplet, if there's enough there.

I got these weird little yarns too - they're really retro looking and have these odd little bobbles in them. I think I'm going to attempt to knit a lightweight scarf/shawl with the lighter blue since a friend has a scarf with yarn that looks like that and it's awesome. I'm not sure what I'll do with the others yet, but I think maybe I'll save them to make some retro things for my apartment (the red ones just scream "tree skirt!"), but I might just use some of them as practice stitch yarns...either way, they're great. Grin

Picture of all of my favorites. The pink will come in handy when I'm making things for my octopus/squid swap.

Last but not least, here's a picture of my receipt for sending quilted's thank-you present. I know it's not the best thing you've probably ever seen quality-wise, quilted, but it was my first try at the craft I made it with, and besides, it's not "technically" for you anyway. Wink

Let's see what else we get up here! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008 11:05:48 AM »

Oh, my. I'm not even in this swap and I just have to comment on that package from quilted - absolutely amazing! I'm sitting here drooling on my laptop, just wishing I had been on the receiving end of that package (not that I need more yarn, but you know how it is...). Nice work, quilted - you've got some amazing swap karma coming your way!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahswingset
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008 01:52:23 PM »

that is such a great package!  how generous to send all that amazing yarn and needles!  i can't wait to see what you make out of it instantkarma!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quilted
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008 02:53:13 PM »

I should have sent some very 80s sweater patterns to go with the outdated yarn  Tongue

Maybe something like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pamelawynne/577985105/in/set-72157600414199282/

Yeah.... I can see InstantKarma in that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
PinFish
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008 05:08:49 PM »

*looks at reciept*
*does a double take*

Wait... hamline university? In St Paul MN? Coz I'm a student there too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sweet Corn and Blackberry Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make Candied Bacon
How to Make Honey-Nut Cereal Bars
How to Serve Honey Spice Cake
How to Make Black Walnut Pumpkin Pie
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...