A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: To my child: I'm so sorry!  (Read 10688 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008 11:28:39 AM »

thanks toesocksrock!

atmomma, the patches are 8" (which do not make a circle in this dress - you'd have to double the number of patches in each row to make a circle from this... I think.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monica_thompson
It's Momica! Mother to everyone--whether they like it or not!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008 11:39:16 AM »

Naw--let her wear it to school...she rocks that outfit!  My girls have been known to wear all manner of strange combinations to school...yesterday for Mardi-Gras my younger wore a green and black tutu dance costume, jeans, a rainbow stripey turtleneck sweater, polka dot tights and red plaid shoes....and really...it wasn't that far from her normal get-up.  My older was much more conservative...a fuchsia tank top with a bright yellow sleeve-y shrug type of thing---that had started life as a pair of fun fur dance costume pants for a little little girl, and I cut a head hole in the crotch.
Yep...your baby can wear that outfit anywhere she wants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grant me the strength, endurance, and focus to see it through.
danni42683
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008 11:56:21 AM »

I LOVE IT! I wonder if I can find some decent shirts at the goodwill. I would totally send my four year old to school in that. Around here she would be the hit of the class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atmomma
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008 12:03:49 PM »

atmomma, the patches are 8" (which do not make a circle in this dress - you'd have to double the number of patches in each row to make a circle from this... I think.)
Thanks vegbee! I'm still trying to work up the courage to make another circle dress and boy, would that be a LOT of fabric.  Kiss Now I just need to go check out my stash and see what I can use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008 12:18:40 PM »

thanks all! 

atmomma, am I going to have to send my husband over to stop you from patchwork abuse too?

My older was much more conservative...a fuchsia tank top with a bright yellow sleeve-y shrug type of thing---that had started life as a pair of fun fur dance costume pants for a little little girl, and I cut a head hole in the crotch.
omg, you so totally win the oddly dressed child award.  You cut out the crotch to wear as a shrug?  Very inspired!  And I agree, btw, that I should let the wee one wear basically whatever she wants (although mine would opt for nudity most of the time) - it shows how confident you are in your parenting.  (yes, I actually believe that - by my own logic, the stranger the child is dressed, the better the parent  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caine
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008 12:22:58 PM »

I like it too -- it is quite silly. It would be hard if it took itself too seriously but neither you, your daughter or the dress/pants combo do that. You walk a fine line with this one -- and did a fine job!

The monkey is so cute it takes one's breath away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jayneysews
Mummybuttons

Sewing for small boys is cool

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008 01:12:55 PM »

Bless that girl!!!
I really feel the hormones of pregnancy can do odd stuff to ones sewing ambitions.......... ...............let me tell you about the time my daughter got a Christmas pudding outfit to dress up in Roll Eyes Shocked Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

seriously she can pull it off and the re purposing is fab!!!!!
It seems so blemming expensive to buy second hand clothes here it is hardly worth botheriong with,I bow to your use of mens shirts truly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing and generally creative Mummy of four wonderful beings
http://www.mummybuttons.blogspot.com/

http://sewinginmysleep.blogspot.com/

She who sews...... ...wins
tryskal
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008 01:24:26 PM »

I really like this outfit.  I always wanted a daughter so I could dress her like the kids on Little House of the Prarie.  I say let her wear the outfit to school.  She will be the envy of all the other kids.  I know that my 5 year old niece would wear it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Woman: hear me roar about crochet...cross-stitch...crafts...family!
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008 01:36:50 PM »

thanks!

I like it too -- it is quite silly.

Silly is the new black.

I really feel the hormones of pregnancy can do odd stuff to ones sewing ambitions.......... ...............let me tell you about the time my daughter got a Christmas pudding outfit to dress up in

ha!  Pregnant + crafty + holidays = pictures that will one day be burnt by your children.  I'm sure that's the only reason why I actually tried to make a 3 yr old wear a dress made of organza!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sonnetbird
Life is full of adventure!

I see you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008 03:38:01 PM »

She is such a character! I like seeing your posts and her silly-ness, and the nice clothes you make her Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The gal who smiles when things go wrong has just thought of someone to blame it on.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Jones Reads from Broken
Meet Author Suzy Welch
Patti Stanger Talks About Become Your Own Matchmaker
Douglas Kennedy Reveals What Readers Think About Him
DaShaun Morris Talks About War of the Blood in My Veins
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...