A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap Gallery  (Read 16581 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annacharlotte
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2008 07:02:34 AM »

I too am having photo issues....mainly that when I took some it was too dark, and I was looking after-work poopy, and they didn't come out very well.  Hope to have some up tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2008 11:02:23 AM »

Yippieeee - got my amazing package from Audrey1999 today! (well, it arrived Monday but was stuck at the post office until I had a chance to pick it up today!!... and I quote Audrey's earlier sentiment, but back at her - she rocks! ^_^

(on a side note, I've somehow managed to get these pics up against all odds - my boyfriend's digital camera broke for no reason, and my Mac is sat in the corner of the room wheezing while I post this... gr! Technology, huh?)

Right... on with the show! First off, the big group shot:

Ooooh - pretty! Because of annoying mentioned technical difficulties, the camera coughed its last before I managed to get a pic of the pretty magnets she made for me in matching fabrics to the patchwork things she made me - they're already on the fridge, and it's great because I FINALLY have some magnets strong enough to hold things like shopping lists onto the fridge! Horray!

Right, first off:

A lovely apron that she made from a found pillow case, and some crochet squares. The detail on this is gorgeous!! ^_^ (I'll be more scared to slop stuff on it than I would on my clothes... could be a good thing, though - it'll teach me to be less careless!!)

...neeeeext....

A patchwork notebook - I loooove the colours on this. I think I'll probably use it to store my photos in - or recipes, I can't quite decide...

How gorgeous is this scarf/ table runner? (Ignore the weirdo peeping out from behind it, though - ahem... I just wanted to show how well it went with my coat!)... as you can tell, I've already decided it's to be a scarf rather than a table runner! Smiley It's just right to keep me cosy during the next few months, when it's lovely looking outside, but generally freezing.

...and she sent along some fantastic extra goodies!

...I haven't quite worked out whether it's the tea or the cinnamon mints, but the whole package smelt delicious when I opened it! As we both have a love of chocolate, she sent some scrummy choc... and as we also shared a love of tea, there are two packs of yummy sounding fruit and herbal teas. In fact, as soon as I've posted this, I'm off to brew a pot and put my feet up (that is provided the kettle doesn't break... hmph... honestly - what a day!) Also some packs of Kool Aid so I can have a go a dying, and some freezer paper (which I can't find here in the UK) so I can stencil away merrily. Oh! and a postcard of Colorado - honestly, Audrey - I'm so jealous of those mountains! ^_^

Thank you so much Audrey - I've had such a great time on this swap - and everything you sent is so beautiful! ^_^

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008 11:22:59 AM by rakechan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2008 11:24:50 AM »

That scarf is lovely!  It looks really really cute on you!  I'm jealous of mountains too, its totally flat where I live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2008 04:39:58 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything Rakechan!  I love the scarf with your jacket!  I must have been having a psychic moment with the green.  Actually, I just really liked the colors and hoped you would too.  I am glad you are going to use it as a scarf because that was what I originally had planned for it, but then thought it might be too wide and long.  I personally don't think scarfs could ever be too long.   Smiley

The mountains here are very pretty but I do miss the beach some (especially during a big snow).  The postcard is from a trip across the country I took with my parents when I was in high school.  We traveled from Alabama to Colorado to Yellowstone through Iowa and Chicago and back down to the south via St. Louis, Lexington, and Nashville.  It was so much fun but a long time in the car.  Postcard is about 15 years old--almost vintage! Grin 

Thanks for being such an awesome swap partner, and I am so glad you like everything.  Swap anxiety is over!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
annacharlotte
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2008 05:14:59 PM »

What a great haul!  I love that scarf, too, and the apron-of-vintage-goodness is adorable, too.

I am, finally, posting my "don't-do-it-justice" photos of oneredboot's wonderful work.

First, my misguided attempt to take shots with a model...a model who had recently been given a kong stuffed with treats (baked by my partner in the pet swap!)

And now, on a more cooperative model, my chair.  Sorry this picture is sideways, but you can still see the gorgeous, gorgeous scarf Ms. Boot knit for me.  I love it!  The color is my absolute favorite.

Closeup of the crocheted flower.

Fabulous embroidered tea towel in its new place of honor, beside my jar collection.

Closeup on the cutie, Lotta Jansdotter-inspired jars(?)

And, last but not least, the fabulous burlap tote...perfect for weekends at the farmer's market (hint hint, go check out the farmer's market swap!)

And a closeup of its innards:

I love the colors, everything is so carefully made and just lovely.  I can't say enough good things about my dear partner.  The best thing I can do is get myself back into my dungeon and finish her stuff!  Thanks, oneredboot.  You're totally awesome.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2008 08:06:17 PM »

annacharlotte, i'm so glad you like everything!!  the neckwarmer was super fun to knit, especially the center cable and the ruffle!  i never would have thought that a knitted ruffle would be so..well, satisfyingly ruffly.  my rustic embroidery is, indeed, lotta jansdotter-inspired.  good eye!!  i also included a vintage glass juicer with little squares like the embroidery...i've got a picture that i'll post tomorrow, i seem to have misplaced the cord...

i love how burlap looks, but i had no idea what a pain it would be to sew!  little fibers everywhere, and they soon start to feel like little needles in the fingers!!  next time i'm going to sheet all the furniture in the sewing room and wear gloves and a mask.  Natural fibers my ass--sewing burlap is hazardous!  It made me seriously reconsider all those fair trade companies that sell organic burlap bags stitched by former indian prostitutes.  anyone who sews burlap for a living had better be earning a fair wage.

three cheers for beautiful, useful things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annacharlotte
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2008 07:15:24 AM »

Oh, no!  I had a picture of the gorgeous juicer...such a perfect illustration of the beautiful use philosophy.  I must have mislaid it in the uploading process.  But post yours if you can--I had a hard time getting the nice whorled detail of the glass, like a shell, almost.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

!b
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2008 08:23:29 AM »

Are you ladies ready for the package I got from Ambear?!
It is so beautiful and useful! And I apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures and welcome Amber to put up better ones (especially of the test tubes). The manmeat is not home to take my photos which is usually what I resort to... me an technology aren't the closest..

First we have the group shot!

And now we have the individual items!

Ambear send me an awesomely comfortable pillow that is oh so soft on the knitted side and oh so matching my room/bedding on the non-knitted side!

Knitted-

It is so nice to touch and makes me want to learn to knit even worse than I already did.

Fabric-

The fabric is recycled (hurrah!) from an old shirt and Ambear embroidered a leaf on the pocket of the shirt

Close up-

The embroidery is dome with regular thread which really impresses me! And sorry about the blur in my photo, I wish I could figure this digital camera out!

Next we have a bar of delicious smelling locally made soap from Mile End Soap Company! The scent is Rosemary Lime and Mint and I took it into the shower this morning and HOLY COW! That is exactly what I need to start my mornings! Amber also sent a knitted pouch for the soap to live inside.

The soap and pouch Amber knitted for exfoliating and soap conserving goodness.

Pouch by its lonesome... It was last night so it was fairly dark but the puch is cable knit out of white yarn with threads of silver in it!

Next I have these awesome test tubes with magnets on the back so I can put spices in them and stick them on the fridge!

This is such a neat idea. I love storing spices right on the fridge via magnets and now I have such an awesome variety of containers to keep it interesting!

Thank you so much Amber! It was an awesome swap and I totally love everything!!!

Also- Ambear received but I wanted to post this teaser photo of my package. There should be photos of the contents soon!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008 08:27:20 AM by !b » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambear
if you want me to, i'll cook and sew.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2008 08:30:09 AM »

Brianne, I am so happy you enjoyed the package! The pillow was fun to make, I was inspired for the shape by some Amy Butler pillows she had up on her site.
I love your package so much, I had tears in my eyes opening everything up. My 2 favorite things are the box and orange bag, you were right on!
I'm going to try to post pictures tonight by begging my roomates camera off her (mine is broken after a fateful encounter with an excited 4 year old and some bubbles). I'm out of town from Friday to Monday so if they do no not go up tonight, I will 100% post late Monday/early Tuesday.
This was the best swap ever!
Amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je suis riche, mais sans un sous.
http://www.sambaelegua.com/listen.html
babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2008 10:48:13 AM »

Audrey1999, that scarf is beautiful!  I have to find a few somewhat coordinating fabrics and make myself a Spring scarf!

Ambear, that knit pillow is just gorgeous!

Oneredboot, that neckwarmer is splendid!  Wishing I could knit and crochet!

I can't wait to see what Annacharlotte has been up to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Film Lab: Aspect Ratios
SNTV - Take Me Home Tonight
Our 2011 Oscars Winner Picks
Unknown Premiere
John Turturro on Acting Out an Orgasm
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...