A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap Gallery  (Read 16515 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2008 11:38:40 AM »

I love your system!  What a nice idea!  and those aprons are adorable.  The veggie art is great too!  where did you find pictures like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
quilted
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2008 09:42:55 AM »

I'm so glad you all like the models  Cheesy

I showed the post to the DH, and our conversation went like this:

DH: "So.... your partner worked really hard on all this, right?"
Me: "Oh, yeah!"
DH: "And she spent lots of time and money, right?"
Me: "Clearly."
DH: "And you took pictures of her hard work on our dog?"
Me: "Yup."
DH: (long pause) "Isn't that a little offensive?"

Tongue So, ClareBear84, I'm so sorry for putting all your hard work on our dog! He's my first born son, so I just kind of think of him as another baby. Truthfully, I was more worried about my baby harming the amazing items  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
quilted
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2008 09:45:04 AM »

Oh, one more thing! The big box you sent has become Noah's fave toy! He puts all his blocks in it,then laughs and dumps it out. repeat.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
pamdelangel
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2008 01:38:58 PM »

Babychel REALLY outdid herself!!!! I am blown away!! I tried not to group too many things but it was hard because there would be waaaay too many pictures! :p

Look at all my mail today! Shocked

Bruce checks it out; and tells me it's all good to open. (the bottom one is from babychel) I open all my mail from smallest to biggest Cheesy

Hey that's me!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2307882581_c4d04ea620.jpg?v=0

A beautiful pincushion with the cutest pink pins!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2357/2308688410_f5df998149_o.jpg

This apron seriously made me squeal!!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2308687940_f731d41984.jpg?v=0
Detail of apron!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/2308687900_7c53207c3c.jpg?v=0

Cupcake notecard, cupcake box holders & liners!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2308687406_c9208db3df.jpg?v=0

Tea! I have some water boiling right now!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2108/2307881841_8493622327.jpg?v=0

Soooo cute, these are going on my next bag!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2308687742_b968926146.jpg?v=0

These are the most adorable notepads!! I write EVERYTHING down so these are wonderful!!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2308687828_22810e8e2f.jpg?v=0

HOW CUTE is this pin?!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2133/2307882389_809e464842.jpg?v=0

Candle, blot rice paper, tissues, annnd a mini picture book!!! Sooo perfect!!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2045/2307882473_bfd5cb2077.jpg?v=0

Babychel you went beyond and over! Thank you soooo very much!!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013 11:38:25 AM by alteredmommy - Reason: changed non working photos to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2008 04:14:47 PM »

I am so glad you liked everything!  Whew!  I was beginning to have swap anxiety!

I love my package too!  It's so funny that we both made each other an apron and a pincushion.  I took some pics, but I want to take some more and I have to use the Craftster photo uploader because Photobucket isn't working right.  I didn't want to log onto Craftster and not give you guys a quick update before I post the loot!  Stay tuned!

Thank you soooo much Pam! 

PS that pic of Bruce is so friggin' cute!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 04:17:36 PM by babychel - Reason: To add how cute Bruce is! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2008 04:48:35 PM »

OK, as promised!

First of all, McTavish the cat went nuts as soon as I opened the package.  She wanted those catnip toys something fierce!  Note that one is already missing!  It's so cool that you sent something for her too!

Here is an action shot....I have never seen her play with one of these so long.  The catnip in Texas must be super potent!

Next, an adorable apron which matches my Red kitchen, modeled by my barstool (not in the kitchen)  Hubby did take an action shot while I was fake cooking, but I looked hideous (after work, you understand)

Here is a closeup of the fabric.....I love polka dots!

Next we have this super cute bag with a bird applique (Pam and I both love birds!)  I love the color combination!

Here is the interior:

I think it's called toille?  I always wanted something with this kind of print!  How funny!

A teapot pincushion!  I love teapots, teacups, the idea of tea!  And it has rosemary inside so when I poke it, it smells wonderful!

Last but not least, Pam sent me a whole bunch of skeleton keys.  This girl stalked me well!  I'm obsessed with them!  They are so cool!  I'm wondering what kind of old houses they came from in Texas! 

I love everything!  Thank you so much Pam! 

Oh, I wanted to tell you, the strawberry on that pincushion is filled with sand to sharpen your needles!  I got the tutorial from the Martha Stewart website.

PS I am going to attempt to leave you positive feedback next! *crosses fingers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
pamdelangel
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2008 06:11:17 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything, I had such anxiety! Smiley LOL Yeah I love making catnip toys...the fish WILL get torn apart..I find fish bodies the next morning everytime I give them to my guys. I buy large tubs of organic catnip and it drives them nuts!

That's so awesome about the strawberry! I'll have to keep it in mind for my pincushion swap.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 06:24:10 PM by pamdelangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2008 06:31:59 PM »

Yay!  Finally I'm in one place with: computer, camera, docking cable, AND internet connectivity.  Starting to hate my suitcase.  Smiley

I cannot tell you people how incredible, wonderful, and astounding was the package that arrived from MissT.  I was in such a blah mood after the last two weeks, and then THIS came.  It's like she was able to ask my best friends what would make me happiest, to look right into my wee brain! 

First, the package:

SAUSAGES.  Heh.  How did she know my family is INSANE about brauts?!

Then when I opened the box, I found:

oooooooooo!  A scroll saying "read me first".  Oooo. Smiley

The scroll:

I forgot to write down the whole thing!  Will have to post that when I'm back up where the box is, or maybe MissT kept the whole text.

Basically, MissT found my love of all things piratical (I'm addicted to the online game Puzzle Pirates, which is like playing Bejeweled in a world of pirates, and that my pirate name there is Camelama) and she sent me a PIRATE TREASURE CHEST OF GOODIES!  The scroll talks about how difficult it was for the Dread Pirate Camelama to keep her tea dishes clean while at sea.  Smiley  HEE.  HEEE!!

(I just realized I don't have any good pictures of the chest - mine turned out blurry, so maybe MissT could post the chest pictures she took before mailing?)

Next, TEA TOWELS for the Dread Pirate Camelama!  So beautiful, and definitely useful!

Then, inside the chest again, were beautiful china teacups and saucers, with my pirate initial painted on them somehow!  SO pretty, I adore them!

And what made me laugh out loud:

Dala horse napkins!  I love the horse and how every village has a different design, and she sent these!  MissT, you are SPOT ON with these!  LOVE LOVE LOVE.

And to top it all off, she also thought of my "parrot", my companion... my kitty.

Here is Neevie after having subdued one of the toys:

And speaking of enjoying the box more than the contents:

HEE.  Neevie *adored* the box and the ribbon (I saved the ribbon, actually, so she resorted back to the toys instead).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
mimiw
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2008 07:16:35 PM »

What a beautiful package!  I love the teacups and saucers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2008 09:41:38 PM »

Whew!  What a relief!  Even though camelama sent a lovely PM or email and wrote a complimentary "I received" post, I was still having Swap Anxiety (SA).  I'm SO PLEASED that receiving your package could help make a positive difference in your stressful day!   Of course I have a copy of the text of the scroll!  You don't get a basement full of Creative Remnants And Paraphernalia (CRAP) by not keeping things!  I also have photos of the chest (before and after).  Glad to hear Neevie is "hating" her toys, too.  YEY!

Pirate's Tea Chest (like "Sea Chest" only for tea... get it?) 
Outside:

Inside:

Scroll text:
A pirate craves the finer things in life, but her swashbuckling lifestyle and the rowdy company she keeps make it difficult for her keep her things tidy, let alone whole.  Lets face it: pillaging and plundering are not tasks pursued gently.  Cups break leaving orphaned saucers, linens are soiled beyond what seawater can clean, and everything gets nicked and battered.

But, as the song says, its the pirates life for her, so she sips her afternoon tea from an assortment of others finest china and dabs her lips with the remnants of cloth shes had her crew fashion into what passes for dainty table linens.  Its not what she imagined when she first took up the pirating trade, but the Dread Pirate Camelama wouldnt have it any other way.  Well, maybe more gold.

The sausage packing tape is from Archie McPhee - right there in camelama's own town! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jessica Bendinger Talks About The Seven Rays
Tracy Trivas Talks About The Wish Stealers
Lynne Griffin Talks About Sea Escape
Sy Montgomery Talks About Birdology
The Pop-Up Sound of Music Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...