A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap Gallery  (Read 16602 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008 04:44:39 PM »

That package is so great!  You get presents for now, and then a crafty kit!  That rocks!

Isn't it?  I'm a lucky first-time swapper, boy howdy!  I think I'll do the sachets next week.  The houses, I'll have to give some thought to... hmmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annacharlotte
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008 07:14:04 AM »

Great work, camelama.  Lovely embroidery.  MistressT, you have to post pictures of those houses when you decorate them!  I love little houses.  I used to build them out of sticks when I was a kid, and my dad had a bunch he made out of clay in a pottery class.  The dog broke most of them, alas.  (I'm a poet and I didn't know it).

I didn't mean to be such a fascist about the picture groupings.  Taking photos of several items at once is just fine!  I have a pet peave about people who just take one or two pictures of everything piled up together and call it a day.  I like to be able to see the details.  Your photos are great, MistressT!

Everyone who has sent and whose partner has received should have positive feedback.  Check your profile, and pm me if I've missed you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008 07:38:17 AM »

Oh, I'll post pictures.  Theses days usually a craft isn't complete until I've taken pics and posted them on craftster.   Wink  I figured that's what you meant about the photos of individuals.  Crafters want to see the crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quilted
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008 07:46:16 AM »

Hi All (and a special hello to ClareBear84)!

I'm so sorry I haven't yet posted pictures. I received yesterday, but we've had a sick baby on our hands, and I haven't had a chance yet Sad

Hopefully this morning during his nap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
camelama
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008 10:04:16 AM »

Yay MissT, so glad you liked what I ended up with.  Kinda a little of everything (for others: yeah, I'm way off on # of items and size etc, life got VERY bad last week and I sorta just threw everything in there cuz I didn't have time to figure out which ones to pick, before mailing. heh.  So MissT got 'em all.)

I always giggle at the dragee's, I always wanted to eat them but my grandmother told me some horrible story about them so was scared to. Smiley They have always fascinated me!

I have the URL where I got the boxes somewhere around here (had a coupon cuz they screwed up a previous order, hehehe - I loves me a bargain!) but also just google for paper mache house box.  That's how I found 'em. Smiley  There are quite a few out there, I got these because they were a set. 

MissT, I should be getting your package tonight or tomorrow morning from the cat sitter, so will take pictures as soon as possible!  Smiley  (after snorgling my floofinator kitty first)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
violet_thistle
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008 05:37:06 PM »

Maiziemama just gifted me with the absolute best swap package.  I'm still blown away.  I don't have any box pics.  It wasn't the kids that ripped into it, but the hubby!!  *laugh* 

I have lots of pics...and there are lots more at my blog:http://rmjhomeschool.blogspot.com/2008/02/beautiful-use-swap.html and lots of verbose verbage as well with lots of descriptions and details.  Seriously check it out!!

First however, the beautiful vintage canning jar did not make the journey.  I pulled these lovely vintage canning labels out of the wreckage though.

Next are scarlet runner bean seeds from her garden. Are these heirlooms? And two extra seed packets that she stamped with a lino cut she carved! Beautiful.  More pics of these at the blog! The bean seed envelope is also stamped!

Next is the softest, creamest yarn! Maiziemama spun this luscious 2-ply blue-faced Leicester wool.  I'm cradling it in my lap as I type.  Hubby wanted to know if this was from your own sheep.  I said you probably bought the roving (I sound like I know what I am talking about - I don't), but said I would ask anyway.

Next is this sublime reusable shopping bag.  This is *the* nicest bag I've ever owned.  It is gorgeous and huge-mongous! The color scheme is from my wists!  Look for yourself:

Sorry for the huge post, but maiziemama totally deserves it!!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much!  I am really overwhelmed!  I share the sentiment maiziemama expressed, that the depth of this swap has been extraordinary and I've made a friend in the process.  Nothing could be better Smiley
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008 06:15:15 PM by violet_thistle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs, Trish

Quilter, beginning crochet,  beginning apparel sewing, learning to knit

My Etsy
My Wists
My Blog
mimiw
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008 07:49:39 PM »

Wow - beautiful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annacharlotte
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008 07:07:05 AM »

Oh, sad jar.   Cry  But beautiful stuff!  I have to admit, you two were the easiest pair to match, hands down.  You had so much in common!  I'm really happy to hear you have made friends.  And I looove that bag.  Great fabric, great shape, great everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008 07:42:04 AM »

Oh, all that stuff is awesome!  I love the fabrics in that bag!  The canning labels are wonderful, and the yarn, well...handspun BFL, is there anything better?  Really?  Those seeds are making me frown at all the snow coming down outside my window!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008 07:52:16 AM »

Everyone has sent such lovely things!  Out of what has been posted so far, I especially love Superhooker's laceknit scarf/tablerunner, mimiw's wallhanging, Violet_thistle's placemats and maiziemama's seed packets!  Too bad about the vintage jar : (

I have been taking pics and packaging up and I just wanted to post a little teaser before I go to the post office...some of the things are going into that gift bag, plus I found the perfect postcard to top it all off!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Understanding Craps Terminology
Basketball Handicapping Bets
Learn to Play Craps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...