A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap Gallery  (Read 18142 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mimiw
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008 04:39:54 AM »

Wow, what great stuff!

I love the coffee mugs and the quilted place mats - both are gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annacharlotte
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008 08:23:10 AM »

Holy cow, you guys.  What beautiful stuff!  I love the pincushion, and the sweet little message on the back.  Those placemats are just stunning.  Wonderful colors.  And the doll quilt is incredible!  Have you guys seen the collection of doll quilts the Wee Wonderfuls blogger has made/collected for her baby girl?  It's such a great decorating idea for little girlies. 

Man, I'm stuck at work doing nothing, knowing my crafts are unfinished at home.  I'm so annoyed with myself. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008 08:28:16 AM »

I was sooo spoiled!  I love everything violet_thistle!  Best of all, I feel like a made a good friend.

I totally agree!  This has been a truly inspiring swap for so many aesthetic reasons, but even more than that because of discovering kindred spirits and making such a good friend!  (Thanks, annacharlotte!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quilted
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008 09:11:51 AM »

Holy smokes! Those place mats are more like extra-extra-large items! They look like they took forever, and they are absolutely beautiful.

I'm so glad you all like my items, too! That biscornu actually took me way longer than everything else... I'm so bad at estimating the time it takes to make things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
violet_thistle
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008 09:22:17 AM »

Holy smokes! Those place mats are more like extra-extra-large items! They look like they took forever, and they are absolutely beautiful.

I'm so glad you all like my items, too! That biscornu actually took me way longer than everything else... I'm so bad at estimating the time it takes to make things!

About mid-way through I was delighted with the way they were coming out, but I thought, this is about as close as I'm ever going to get to a full sized quilt with these!  Shocked  One dimension of the squares was 1.5 inch cut, the other dimension varied from .5 inch to 2 inches if I remember correctly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs, Trish

Quilter, beginning crochet,  beginning apparel sewing, learning to knit

My Etsy
My Wists
My Blog
rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008 10:05:06 AM »

Wow! Such beautiful (and lovely colourful) stuff! Everyone's been so busy. It's great to see everyone's different interpretation of 'beautiful'... I personally found that one of the hardest things about the swap is working out what I think is beautiful, and then wondering if anyone else (i.e. my partner!) would find it beautiful... it looks like everyone's achieving that so far, though! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008 02:40:49 PM »

Hoo-eee!  Looky what I got today from camelama! 

Embroidered Dish Towels for Beautiful Dishes.  SO CUTE!

Embroidered Unbleached Muslin for created sachets (her family situation didn't allow her to sew them up)...

Yey, Bigfoot!  Yey, Buttons!

She sent along some organic hops and homegrown lavender to fill them! 

Nice smelling box to open, let me tell ya'.

Paper house-shaped boxes for me to decorate!  Camelama really read my profile and paid attention to my wists.

These are dangerous as they may jump to the top of my To-Do Queue.

Vintage Pyrex Refrigerator Dish!

I was concentrating on trying to get the background crocus into the picture, I didn't notice I was casting a shadow in the dish.  It's so unbelievably nice out today I HAD to take pictures outside.

Lampwork frog bead!  I'm going to have to learn how to do something with beads because he's so cute!

He's posed on the bottom of the Pyrex, so you  can see the nifty speckle pattern on the side.

Pretties to put on baked goods.  Nothing is less useful than ugly cupcakes!

Soap - I don't know which of my so-called friends she contacted, but no matter what they told her, I don't stink.  I don't!

Some postcards from her collection and the leftovers from the tags she thoughtfully used to label all these things!

I feel spoiled.  I know annacharlotte requested we post pics of each thing individually, but I hope the small groupings were close enough.  I wouldn't want the other swappers to get jealous of my package by posting THAT many shots (20).  I do have some closer-up photos if people are interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarebear84
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008 04:33:36 PM »

I love the pretty little dish towels!! Especially the cute froggy pair!! So cute!!! My mom used to use those silver sprinkles on her cookies when I was little. I always thought it was cool eating silver. Smiley I can't believe they still make them! Where do you find house shaped boxes? I want to decorate them too! Awesome package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Because behind this mask is an idea Mr. Crede, and ideas are bulletproof."  -V
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008 04:39:45 PM »

That package is so great!  You get presents for now, and then a crafty kit!  That rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008 04:43:27 PM »

I love the pretty little dish towels!! Especially the cute froggy pair!! So cute!!! My mom used to use those silver sprinkles on her cookies when I was little. I always thought it was cool eating silver. Smiley I can't believe they still make them! Where do you find house shaped boxes? I want to decorate them too! Awesome package!

They say "for decoration only" on them, so who knows how many you could get away with eating.  I'm already trying to think up a way to use them sparingly so I can feel right about them being eaten.  Besides, I don't want to have baked goods be more glamorous than the baker! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kate Middleton Rocks the Burgundy Trend for Fall
Rebecca Minkoff Opening First US Flagship in SoHo
Who Rocked The Frock: Kristin Cavallari Vs. Sophia Bush
Stacy Keibler and Jennifer Garner Go Sexy in Red and Black
How to Embellish Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...