A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,181
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Infinity shoes!!!! Img Pleasently plump /w Tute  (Read 18799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pink Hickey
Pheonix Princess

I sew in high heels...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008 08:17:31 PM »

I had never heard of those shoes but as soon as I saw your post I wanted some.  I went out and bought some supplies to start this.  I had a question:  Is the glue still holding together?

I was going to try this with the same kind of shoe from payless. $12.00! woot! Thought if it worked I would try some high heels that have a thick enough sole.  Also has anyone tried doing this on a cork sole? 

Yeah, the glue is still holding up....but I used E6000 Which is the most hardcore glue I've ever seen. I just guled rhinestones to the toe of my converse with it and none fell off even after a loooooong trip to the zoo. I hate a pair before and I needed to take the stones off and I had to tug them off......it will hold.
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter will be in my heart forever.
DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2008 09:56:02 PM »

I absolutely love these shoes, I want to go and get supplies right now, but it is a little too late for that at the moment, maybe tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayz
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2008 09:52:24 AM »

these are wicked i love the mohop idea and this makes me wanna make my own! will keep my eyes ope for a pair of cheap wedges to destroy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008 11:12:38 AM »

Oh. My. Gawd.

I adore these.
Usually I'm not one for sandals and things that show my ugly toes, but I have a super-soft-spot for lace-up-type shoes [like, around your ankle style].
Plus I almost never wear wedges.

But I love these, thank you.
I might have to ponder it and see if I can't make similar shoes more fitted to my stylings and wardrobe..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ullygecko
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008 01:16:30 PM »

I followed your great tutorial and I was really ecstatic about the results.  They looked perfect. I just got done making them day before yesterday and I left them to dry.  I tried them on this morning and I thought I made the elastic tight enough. Oh no!   It's not!  The elastic loops stretch out an inch up over my foot.  No matter how I tie them they slide off.   Cry I'm taking a break and then I'll try to rip the tacks out and try again.  If I can get the tacks out that is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jutybo
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008 09:11:40 AM »

I was trying to remember where this thread was...

The current issue of Craft: has an article with the Mohop ppl doing a thong type shoe.

OH MY GOSH! I KNOW! I picked up this issue of Craft: and I saw that and I felt a little hurt inside. I was pissed the other day when I went into target and I saw them selling bags that were the ironed target bags to create a whole new reusable bag........which was the winner of the reusable bag contest a few months back....and there was another that was right off the pages of craftster that I can't remember. Everyone's stealing our brilliant ideas! Blast!
<3

Drives me crazy!!  I wonder if the "other bag" that you saw referenced was mine... I entered my original "neither paper nor plastic" bag (made from fabric...) last year and have recently been seeing "neither paper nor plastic" fabric bags at Wal-Mart.  It takes a lot to get me mad, and I've come really close seeing those bags everywhere.   Angry 
On a happier note, though, your tutorial is AMAZING- thank you so much!!!  I'm mid-process with my shoes- have the placement of the tacks and am ready to put in the elastic (which I will stretch *really* tightly now).  Will post a pic when they're done.
I'd also never heard of Mohop until now... but I'm sure one of my friends has, sure she'd go crazy for a pair, and I can't wait to show her my Faux-hops when they're done!  She thinks I'm cheap- the look on her face will be priceless LOL.   Grin   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazyBeautiful2122
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008 12:59:10 PM »

Wow your shoes are fabulous and thanks so much for the great tutorial. I am now in the process of gathering my supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ullygecko
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2008 04:03:37 PM »

I finished my shoes!  I popped out the middle tacks before the glue set.  I tightened the elastic and then popped off one on the ends and pulled out the extra. I used Stretchrite Round Cord Elastic.  That was the only one my Joann's had.  Here are pictures.

*Ignore my ghostly legs. Man I need a tan. * And here is my DS admiring his new shoe.  Disregard the green flip flop.

That is the second ribbon i had to buy because i forgot to get double faced satin so it wouldn't look funky.  Now all I have to do is use some goo gone where the shoe tag was and it will be done.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008 12:15:18 PM by ullygecko » THIS ROCKS   Logged
julyseventeen
handmade clothing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008 06:06:36 AM »

WOW! So many different ways to wear shoes Tongue Great idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jutybo
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008 09:32:08 AM »

Finished mine!   Grin  Ignore the bright pink toenail "polish"... and the other places where I forgot to paint over my paint-chipping toenails:

I think I actually strung my elastic too tightly- I used black oval cord (instead of round cord... which I will be using on my next pair) and pulled it as tight as I could, and as a result I have to use the flat end of a metal spoon to push the ribbons through.  On the pair that's mismatched, those are indeed belts- very comfy, but not exactly my look.
Thank you so much for the wonderful idea and tut!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
40s Inspired Hairstyles at Carolina Herrera Fall 2013 Show
Summer Hair Care Tips For Moms
Cut Down Your Morning Routine With the Best Dry Shampoos
How To Blow Dry Your Bangs Like A Pro
Easy Braided Updo Tutorial: Summer Wedding Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...