A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Infinity shoes!!!! Img Pleasently plump /w Tute  (Read 18119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pink Hickey
Pheonix Princess

I sew in high heels...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008 08:17:31 PM »

I had never heard of those shoes but as soon as I saw your post I wanted some.  I went out and bought some supplies to start this.  I had a question:  Is the glue still holding together?

I was going to try this with the same kind of shoe from payless. $12.00! woot! Thought if it worked I would try some high heels that have a thick enough sole.  Also has anyone tried doing this on a cork sole? 

Yeah, the glue is still holding up....but I used E6000 Which is the most hardcore glue I've ever seen. I just guled rhinestones to the toe of my converse with it and none fell off even after a loooooong trip to the zoo. I hate a pair before and I needed to take the stones off and I had to tug them off......it will hold.
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter will be in my heart forever.
DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2008 09:56:02 PM »

I absolutely love these shoes, I want to go and get supplies right now, but it is a little too late for that at the moment, maybe tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayz
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2008 09:52:24 AM »

these are wicked i love the mohop idea and this makes me wanna make my own! will keep my eyes ope for a pair of cheap wedges to destroy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008 11:12:38 AM »

Oh. My. Gawd.

I adore these.
Usually I'm not one for sandals and things that show my ugly toes, but I have a super-soft-spot for lace-up-type shoes [like, around your ankle style].
Plus I almost never wear wedges.

But I love these, thank you.
I might have to ponder it and see if I can't make similar shoes more fitted to my stylings and wardrobe..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ullygecko
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008 01:16:30 PM »

I followed your great tutorial and I was really ecstatic about the results.  They looked perfect. I just got done making them day before yesterday and I left them to dry.  I tried them on this morning and I thought I made the elastic tight enough. Oh no!   It's not!  The elastic loops stretch out an inch up over my foot.  No matter how I tie them they slide off.   Cry I'm taking a break and then I'll try to rip the tacks out and try again.  If I can get the tacks out that is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jutybo
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008 09:11:40 AM »

I was trying to remember where this thread was...

The current issue of Craft: has an article with the Mohop ppl doing a thong type shoe.

OH MY GOSH! I KNOW! I picked up this issue of Craft: and I saw that and I felt a little hurt inside. I was pissed the other day when I went into target and I saw them selling bags that were the ironed target bags to create a whole new reusable bag........which was the winner of the reusable bag contest a few months back....and there was another that was right off the pages of craftster that I can't remember. Everyone's stealing our brilliant ideas! Blast!
<3

Drives me crazy!!  I wonder if the "other bag" that you saw referenced was mine... I entered my original "neither paper nor plastic" bag (made from fabric...) last year and have recently been seeing "neither paper nor plastic" fabric bags at Wal-Mart.  It takes a lot to get me mad, and I've come really close seeing those bags everywhere.   Angry 
On a happier note, though, your tutorial is AMAZING- thank you so much!!!  I'm mid-process with my shoes- have the placement of the tacks and am ready to put in the elastic (which I will stretch *really* tightly now).  Will post a pic when they're done.
I'd also never heard of Mohop until now... but I'm sure one of my friends has, sure she'd go crazy for a pair, and I can't wait to show her my Faux-hops when they're done!  She thinks I'm cheap- the look on her face will be priceless LOL.   Grin   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazyBeautiful2122
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008 12:59:10 PM »

Wow your shoes are fabulous and thanks so much for the great tutorial. I am now in the process of gathering my supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ullygecko
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2008 04:03:37 PM »

I finished my shoes!  I popped out the middle tacks before the glue set.  I tightened the elastic and then popped off one on the ends and pulled out the extra. I used Stretchrite Round Cord Elastic.  That was the only one my Joann's had.  Here are pictures.

*Ignore my ghostly legs. Man I need a tan. * And here is my DS admiring his new shoe.  Disregard the green flip flop.

That is the second ribbon i had to buy because i forgot to get double faced satin so it wouldn't look funky.  Now all I have to do is use some goo gone where the shoe tag was and it will be done.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008 12:15:18 PM by ullygecko » THIS ROCKS   Logged
julyseventeen
handmade clothing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008 06:06:36 AM »

WOW! So many different ways to wear shoes Tongue Great idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jutybo
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008 09:32:08 AM »

Finished mine!   Grin  Ignore the bright pink toenail "polish"... and the other places where I forgot to paint over my paint-chipping toenails:

I think I actually strung my elastic too tightly- I used black oval cord (instead of round cord... which I will be using on my next pair) and pulled it as tight as I could, and as a result I have to use the flat end of a metal spoon to push the ribbons through.  On the pair that's mismatched, those are indeed belts- very comfy, but not exactly my look.
Thank you so much for the wonderful idea and tut!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut a Boy’s Hair
How to Cut Your Man’s Hair
How to Cut a Girl’s Hair
How to Avoid a Bad Hair Day
Blow Dry Curly Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...