A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Infinity shoes!!!! Img Pleasently plump /w Tute  (Read 18078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pink Hickey
Pheonix Princess

I sew in high heels...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008 06:19:39 PM »

I was trying to remember where this thread was...

The current issue of Craft: has an article with the Mohop ppl doing a thong type shoe.

OH MY GOSH! I KNOW! I picked up this issue of Craft: and I saw that and I felt a little hurt inside. I was pissed the other day when I went into target and I saw them selling bags that were the ironed target bags to create a whole new reusable bag........which was the winner of the reusable bag contest a few months back....and there was another that was right off the pages of craftster that I can't remember. Everyone's stealing our brilliant ideas! Blast!
<3

Drives me crazy!!  I wonder if the "other bag" that you saw referenced was mine... I entered my original "neither paper nor plastic" bag (made from fabric...) last year and have recently been seeing "neither paper nor plastic" fabric bags at Wal-Mart.  It takes a lot to get me mad, and I've come really close seeing those bags everywhere.   Angry 
On a happier note, though, your tutorial is AMAZING- thank you so much!!!  I'm mid-process with my shoes- have the placement of the tacks and am ready to put in the elastic (which I will stretch *really* tightly now).  Will post a pic when they're done.
I'd also never heard of Mohop until now... but I'm sure one of my friends has, sure she'd go crazy for a pair, and I can't wait to show her my Faux-hops when they're done!  She thinks I'm cheap- the look on her face will be priceless LOL.   Grin   

Yes!!!! That's just what I thought when I was in target. I remembered that challenge. It effing pisses me off that we create this great things and someone comes along and swoops them up them makes money off it. Ugh. whatever. I hope your shoes turn out!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter will be in my heart forever.
Pink Hickey
Pheonix Princess

I sew in high heels...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008 06:22:06 PM »

I finished my shoes!  I popped out the middle tacks before the glue set.  I tightened the elastic and then popped off one on the ends and pulled out the extra. I used Stretchrite Round Cord Elastic.  That was the only one my Joann's had.  Here are pictures.

*Ignore my ghostly legs. Man I need a tan. * And here is my DS admiring his new shoe.  Disregard the green flip flop.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/shoes21.jpg

That is the second ribbon i had to buy because i forgot to get double faced satin so it wouldn't look funky.  Now all I have to do is use some goo gone where the shoe tag was and it will be done.

FABULOUS!!!!! I'm so happy people are using it!!! and arn't spending 300.00 for those shoes!!! That picture is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!
 Smiley

<3
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009 09:24:32 AM by photojenn - Reason: edited to comply with craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter will be in my heart forever.
ravenfire711
The Creative Raven

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008 11:26:14 AM »

These are amazing and so much easier to make than I ever would have expected!  Thank you so much for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2008 10:58:48 AM »

This idea is genius! I cant belive I havent seen this post un til now! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
aluada_rock

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2009 04:51:53 PM »

Thank you so much for the tutorial, I followed it and here is the result:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303796

The ribbons you used are lovely, I definitely need to buy some. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pangeafingers
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2009 11:29:11 AM »

I love this! I did a similar project, but I ended up having to superglue the ribbons to get them to stay on and ended up throwing them away about a month ago. Yours are great though, where'd you get all the pretty ribbons? I love the houndstooth, it's my fave print. LOVE the project!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**sew awesome**
dobiemuse

Bronco Dobies FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2009 11:41:09 AM »

OMG! I had seen the Mohop shoes and I loved them. I was wondering how easy it would be to make them. THANKS for the tute! I'll have to go shopping for the stuff now... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
My Etsy Shop

Bookmark Swap: In awe of all the creativity!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Honey Glazed Winter Squash
How to Make Cranberry Salsa
How to Cook Thyme and Potatoes
How to Make a Holiday Chutney
How to Make Baked Winter Squash
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...