A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 79309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 08, 2008 06:37:04 PM »

I wish for more secrets to arrive!

Are there a lot left over? I know I have 2 or 3 unaccounted for still...

I'm crossing my fingers for some more pictures asap Smiley

Ditto!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #761 on: March 08, 2008 06:48:15 PM »

perelle, thank you so much for your post. i've been following this thread, and arguing back and forth with myself over replying, and you've summed it all up much more eloquently than i could have!

i'm not in this swap, but i too would have been extremely offended if i had received the card. while ripping it up and and posting it may not have been the easiest/least drama causing way of dealing with it, in terms of everyone's reactions, i think it's really understandable why highway16 did that, and i'm really upset that everyone is jumping on her like this. she had an honest, truthful reaction to a hateful secret - there seems to be a lot of judgement about that, without much reflection of why she may had the reaction. i agree with her as well, i never would have dreamed that we would need to specify that we didn't want to receive hate-related items in a craftster swap!

i do think that perhaps people who don't understand why the card was upsetting, maybe even including the maker of the card, take some time to do some research - look into hate crimes perpetuated by neo-nazis, racism and the KKK, watch american history x again, that sort of thing. it might help you understand why some people find this so offensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
grunteeistgut

cassie-tail trendsetter.

« Reply #762 on: March 08, 2008 07:15:33 PM »

And no, grunteeistgut, Nazis judged people by their race, religion, and sexuality, and then they tortured and killed them for it. To me, there's a big difference.

To me, theres not. Nazis judged people for ALL of their beliefs, and the people who opposed theirs...religion, sexuality or otherwise. Nazi's were intolerant to any belief that wasn't theres. Therefore, just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't give them the right to destroy it. And this topic does affect me personally, speaking as someone who has been to the holocaust museums, someone who has set foot in the actual concentration camps, and someone who has lived in and studied germany with all of its history - I can honestly say i have spoken with the REAL victims who still had more compassion and understanding than someone who got a crafted card with a swastika on it. I'm not here to win any arguments or prove that anyones wrong, but this is getting ridiculous.  I enjoyed seeing everyones secrets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to get some hand warmers/mittens for this winter! Personal swap anyone??
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 08, 2008 07:25:59 PM »

I hate to be the bad guy, but...

This thread is turning into a debate about the most recent poster's reaction/actions rather than a discussion about the crafts.  This is a craft swap.  The organizer of the swap has already posted and she is aware of the post/card.  If she chooses to discuss it personally with the poster, that is her decision.

If you would like to continue discussions regarding your personal feelings and thoughts about the poster and/or her reaction, you need move them to PMs.

Please discuss the crafts here or move along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #764 on: March 08, 2008 08:03:35 PM »

I just looked at all the cards and I just wanted to say how much I loved them all. A lot of them made me laugh, even more made me cry. It's nice to see so many people being supportive of others and willing to help with their problems. Thank you all for sharing with us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #765 on: March 08, 2008 08:39:01 PM »

I hate to be the bad guy, but...

glad to see someone was willing to be the bad guy and stop all this nonsense.

It made me very sad to read the last few pages of this thread and truth be told has tarnished all the wonderful feelings I have had about craftster for the past year.  The bashing that took place in this round is the main reason why so many of us are not participating in the current and/or future rounds of this swap or any swap for that matter.

sad, so sad.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
allyinthevalley
« Reply #766 on: March 08, 2008 09:34:02 PM »

(Thank you, Sweets.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twopennystar
« Reply #767 on: March 08, 2008 11:36:03 PM »

I got another card!

[The truth is, I hate my friends]

I'm so sorry about this. Obviously I don't know the story behind it but everyone deserves good friends who they love and care about. I hope you find some you truly value soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristen219
« Reply #768 on: March 09, 2008 10:23:26 AM »

im still waiting on about 5...i hope they arrive soon! and i hope more of mine show up  Undecided otherwise....o i dont even want to think about the feedback  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good morning starshine! The world says hello!

this was funnn
http://www.wists.com/kristen219/
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #769 on: March 09, 2008 10:44:57 AM »

Please PM me or Paperbag any codes you have received that you have not told us about... even if you haven't had a chance to post the secrets yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pad Thai - Thai Foodcast:
Learn About Traditional Indian Food
Learn About Different Kinds of Raw Fish
How to Make Spider Rainbow Sushi
How to Make Big Eye Tuna Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...