A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 82279 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #750 on: March 08, 2008 10:09:31 AM »

ditto that - too much drama has happened in this round for me to want to participate again.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #751 on: March 08, 2008 10:31:36 AM »

I'm inclined to agree with the above comments... I was in Round 2 and it was such a good experience, everyone was really nice and I felt better afterwards.  This round there has been a lot of controversy.  I've seen over and over again on craftster and other sites: if you complain or react in a negative way towards something someone else made, the rush of comments disagreeing with you will make you wish you hadnt.  It really is true what so many others have said: if you dont have anything positive or constructive to say, keep it to yourself.

To all the swappers who sent cards in this swap:
I have enjoyed reading each and every secret.  Thank you for sharing the hidden parts of you with us strangers.  You have touched me and I thank you.  I hope the experience of putting these secrets on paper has been healing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #752 on: March 08, 2008 12:03:14 PM »

I am overall a bit bummed too, and am waiting for my cards to still arrive.  I really tried to stay out of commenting, and really because I have strong opinions on many things, and I didn't want to add to any drama.  There have been some great cards this round, and though I haven't commented on them, many have touched me, or I can relate to them, etc.

I am going to be done with swaps for a while, too, to focus on crafting for me, people in my life, and other life things that need work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockWaterFalls
Dances With Arrows

Slave to the Craft

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 08, 2008 01:59:40 PM »

I will absolutely not be joining the next round of this swap. How horrendous to tear up a card that someone spent their time and emotional energy on. A card that contained a secret so pungent that they could only release it anonymously. I am really offended by that, more so than the card. And to then say "I am not sorry"...well, why even tell us all? So you can make yourself look better than the sender of that card is my guess. Yes, next time be more careful in filling out your swap questionnaire. 

I have never been ANGRY looking at Craftster before. This is a new low for me.

Paperbag, thank you for the effort you put into making this work, and card-makers thank you for sharing. I'm done with this thread completely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Old Links I'm too Lazy to Change yet...:
Wists: http://www.wists.com/rockwaterfalls
Stalkers: http://www.geocities.com/amanda_zobel
allyinthevalley
« Reply #754 on: March 08, 2008 03:17:33 PM »

On a positive note, a lot of new rules have been added to the next round, and I think that they will make everything more organized and fun!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grunteeistgut

cassie-tail trendsetter.

« Reply #755 on: March 08, 2008 03:31:10 PM »

Ripping up a secret...then stating that you're not sorry?

Your judging the sender based on his/her own beliefs and ideas. Isn't that just like a Nazi?

...or worse?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to get some hand warmers/mittens for this winter! Personal swap anyone??
kristen219
« Reply #756 on: March 08, 2008 03:48:36 PM »

I totally agree with grunteeistgut. I know that i was disappointed with some of the secrets, but i would NEVER rip up someone's card and then post it. Thats distasteful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good morning starshine! The world says hello!

this was funnn
http://www.wists.com/kristen219/
Kelda
Pirate Queen

Rock on the dock and never stop.

« Reply #757 on: March 08, 2008 04:54:24 PM »

It's not our place to judge anyone's secret, in ANY way. That's not the point of this swap. And I think it's so sad that this incident has ruined the PostSecret swapping experience for so many people. Sad I'm sorry, guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fearlessly willing to try new crafts ... and usually botching them horribly.
My wists
Perrelle

Geeking it up, old school.

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 08, 2008 06:23:14 PM »

I stated before that I don't blame highway16 for having that reaction. Whether or not we are meant to 'judge' any of these cards, doesn't change the fact that people are going to have reactions to them. Maybe those of you who've been posting about this would have reacted differently, but that could simply be that it just doesn't effect you that deeply.

Some people take these things more seriously than others. Personally, I would never compare 'neo-nazis' in particular to 'bad boys' in general, or compare someone to a Nazi for ripping up a symbol of hatred (which in today's society, a swastika is, regardless of what it once stood for). And no, grunteeistgut, Nazis judged people by their race, religion, and sexuality, and then they tortured and killed them for it. To me, there's a big difference.

I'm not writing this to hurt the cardmaker. I'm not writing it to make enemies, or chew anyone out, or add to the drama, or any of that. I debated with myself over whether or not to even type this up, because I know people are going to be upset by it. But I just don't think that it was an excessive reaction. We might not know what the senders intent was, but there are a lot of people out there who would be terribly hurt to have received that card.

Personally, I would be just as upset to find that in my mail as I would be to find it painted on my door. So instead of jumping down highway16's throat, maybe you should try looking at it from someone else's perspective. Maybe then you'll realize there's negativity coming from both sides of the table, and the sender probably isn't the only one being hurt here . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never give your reasons, for your judgement will probably be right, but your reasons almost certainly will be wrong.
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #759 on: March 08, 2008 06:36:21 PM »

I wish for more secrets to arrive!

Are there a lot left over? I know I have 2 or 3 unaccounted for still...

I'm crossing my fingers for some more pictures asap Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Your Hair Up Using Clip in Hair Extensions
Quick and Pretty Half Up Hairstyle Tutorial
Cute Messy Side Bun Hair Do Inspired by Paris Hilton
How to Straighten Your Hair With Extensions
How to Clip In Foxy Locks Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...