A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 80050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigo_roses
« Reply #510 on: February 25, 2008 09:41:48 AM »

parents divorcing - I can't relate to this one personally, but one of my friends has major issues as well. Her parents divorced after about 15 years. Her mom then got remarried, but divorced again after a year or so. This past summer, her dad got remarried. She says that if they break up, she'll have lost all faith in the marriage institution.

Slaughterhouse 5 - thanks for explaining, grendelsmom. That's one of the books on my (extensive) 'to read' list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #511 on: February 25, 2008 12:02:21 PM »

so many good secrets, and I haven't commented on a single one recently because there is soo much to say.

i have a big stack sitting on my desk to post, and I am sorry I haven't, the digi is out of batteries, i cannot find the 2 sets of rechargables i am supposed to have and mom didn't get any lithiums yesterday like she said, so i am going to get on that ASAP.  also, regular life (ie a breakup) has not only changed my life, but some of my secrets, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: February 25, 2008 12:39:22 PM »

"Slaughterhouse 5" was made famous by a book of the same name by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.  The title is the name of the place where the protagonist is held as a prisoner of war; Billy Pilgrim witnesses the firebombing of Dresden from this location.  For a Vonnegut fan, finding the site would be very exciting! 

Also, the story is based on Vonnegut's personal experiences in WWII (he was in Dresden during the bombings).  I'm very excited that somebody found it!  I've never even been to Europe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #513 on: February 25, 2008 01:55:07 PM »

To the Divorced Parents...

My parents were divorced after 17 years of marriage when I was 6. Both parents remarried, my mom's marriage made it ten years, my dads 16. My marriage only made it 11 months. BUT... having said that, please realize, its not so much the divorce that affects your relationships...its how they treat and respect each other. Some people can get divorced and still remain civil, such as my dad and his wife. I guess I don't really know what I'm trying to say other than, don't let it get to you.  You can learn from their mistakes, you don't have to relive them Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #514 on: February 25, 2008 03:23:36 PM »

Two more!

I don't know what to say about either, so I won't try to make anything up.
I hope these things work out for both of you, of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperWings

Flippin right.

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 25, 2008 04:41:51 PM »

I got some new ones!!

"I tried to enlist but was turned down for health reasons. I feel like I failed my country."
--You tried to enlist, that's a lot more than I've done and in that sense you haven't failed it at all.

"Charlie brown is my soul mate"
--I smiled really big when I saw this. It reminds me of my grandfather he used to call my brother charlie brown before he died. I'm really glad I got this one.

"I hate the school system. I'm dyslexic you f***ing jack asses!! For putting so much emphasis on writing and writen out put."
--Funny I got this one. I've been thinking about working with children in the school system for a very long time. Maybe you're right and maybe it's wrong.

"I hate valentines day only to avoid disapointment when I don't even get a card"
Back: And he only does it because he knows it bugs me.
--This one is beautiful. I don't know if you can see it but the postcard is all fabric it's really pretty I wish my scanner wasn't so lame. And I will send you a card:D. I figured my boyfriend would "forget" to get me something like he did on christmas and my birthday so I made plans with my dad. And he brought me roses, I felt so bad. But I guess I kinda deserve it. Um. Sorry for rambling.

"I'm alomst ashamed to go out with my family. But the I realise we have a lot more fun than any one else."
Back:It's really too bad we haven't been out together in many years.
--I could have written this one. It is too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a thousand is a statistic.
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #516 on: February 25, 2008 04:51:50 PM »

To the sender of the "in debt" secret. My partner is also in debt, not as much as you but close to. When he told me I was upset, not because he was in debt but because he never told me and never asked for help. It sucks how fast we get in debt these days but it is fixable, and now we are down to owing half of his original debt. If you love him enough to move in together you have to love him enough to trust him (sorry for rambling so much, good luck)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: February 25, 2008 05:41:26 PM »

I got the rest of mine today:

"After a long term relationship I have forgotten how to flirt."
Don't worry, you'll remember!  Wink

"I'm glad everyone knows you're a jerk... even if no one knows you forced me to...  Why didn't I say no?"
On the back it says, "I was just 14 dammit."
I can relate.  I know that guy!  He is a jerk, and it's not your fault.

"One of my co-workers is a scientologist - and I think she's completely insane.  I just wish I could ask her about it without getting fired - I'm so curious as to what that crazy old bat would say."
I have thought some coworkers were crazy too.

"I freed you but you went to far."
I'm sorry.

"I love getting hit on by construction workers... it lets me know that I'm at least semi-attractive to someone."
When I was a teen without a car (many moons ago), my friends and I would walk everywhere and count the whistles from the passing cars.   Grin

"I worry that our family will always come second to their family."
Your family is first with you, that's what really matters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
lady4feet
« Reply #518 on: February 25, 2008 05:53:06 PM »

This card made me smile. You guys look so happy Smiley

I agree with this. I know people are just trying to be nice and make a supportive environment but still sometimes people need to hear the truth. I get annoyed more when people post on their own project "I guess no one likes it."  if no one has complimented it. Stop trying to guilt people into a post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #519 on: February 25, 2008 06:37:13 PM »

@ ashamed of family: I used to feel this way until I realized the same thing. My family and I laugh so hard at the dumbest things, and all my friends tell me all the time how awesome my family is.

@ nice craftster: I sometimes get this sense, too, but I also get the sense that the things that get really popular or get a whole lot of comments aren't things that had a lot of work put into them, while others can spend a lot of time on something and be really meticulous and post and get little comments.. but the latter, I think, is just which section it's in and whether you put it on the site when a lot of people will click on it. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Separations Preview Panel in Illustrator CS4
How to Work With Gradients in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Live Preflight in InDesign CS4
How to Use Smart Guides in InDesign CS4
How to Use the Application Bar in InDesign CS4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...