A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,538
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 79302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twopennystar
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2008 09:51:22 PM »

I got 5 more today!

[its all that i want, but I feel its less & less possible each day.]
This was a really nice secret to recieve, I opened it and smiled because it was nice to see someone who actually cares!

[I'm making these to avoid wedding planning]
This made me laugh when I read it because it's exactly the sort of thing I'd do. I'm the biggest procrastinater ever. I hope you manage to find the motivation to finish your wedding planning and congratulations!

[I still don't know who I really am. It's really starting to consume me...]
I can completely relate to this one. I sat down and had a long conversation with a childhood friend one night recently and discovered that my friends see me as a very different person to who I see myself as. I hope you find some peace soon. (Also, this secret is beautiful, thick card and lovely bright colours etc).

[R they good enough? R they worthy? R they better than the alternative?]
I don't know much about the American presidential race and am reluctant to get into a political commentary on here but I think they both have far greater potential than Bush.

On the front: [I lack direction in my life.]
On the back: [I wish I didn't feel so LOST!]
So do I. I graduated with a degree in English Literature last summer and I'm now working a fast food job. I hope you find some direction soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2008 09:57:06 PM »

that wine one made me have to snicker a bit.  i don't think ANYBODY like the spendy stuff.  i've tasted all sorts of wine.  it all tastes like bubbly piss.

the cheap stuff IS the best!

and i can relate to the card about not being able to find a good female friend. i'm at a point right now where i think i might have given up. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBag
« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2008 10:53:36 PM »

freeloader: The funny thing about people is they feel like dirt because society has a different "plan" for how people should live their lives. Yes, society says that at 18, you're supposed to be out on your own and not living at home, but who's to say that's right?! Not everyone can live by the 'norm' and be happy. I went against the norm when I got married young, but it worked FOR ME. I don't care what anyone else thinks and you shouldn't either Smiley

make out in the closet: Oh boy. My best friend and I did that, too. Shhh. Don't tell anyone! haha

I am a terrible artist: We're our own worst critics, really. I think that your postcard is super awesome honestly. I like the swirls and your use of color!

I will (probably) always love you (just a little bit): HAHA This made me laugh. I LOVE how "probably" and "just a little bit" were added to the big large bold red letters. Awesome!

You are the only guy: I honestly don't know what to say to the sender except that I read the card and it moved me. I just wanted to let you know  Smiley

Hannah Montana (??): That's who that is right?! Oh my gosh, I can't stand her either! It bugs me how much she bugs me hahaha. This could have totally been my own secret!

closest friend's divorcing: Wow. This card is so powerful. What a perfect image for the secret, too. I think that's part of the powerfulness of it (I'm bias, maybe because that's my favorite photograph of all time). Well... good luck to you, I guess??? That just doesn't sound like the right thing to say, but I just wanted to say that this is the most powerful card to me so far.

Don't like mods: Oh my gosh! I wasn't expecting a secret like that in the swap LOL. I must say that I adore the mods here solely because they don't seem to be power hungry (well, that's  how it seems to me). I (used to) belong to other sites where the mods are everywhere 24/7 patrolling the boards likes it's their actual paid job. I can't stand to go there anymore even though it's a great resource for me.

allergic to ketchup: I live in Japan (but I'm American, not Japanese) and I absolutely hate seafood. I don't like the taste or the texture or the smell. I'm now going to borrow your "allergic" excuse and tell people that's why I don't want to eat a salad covered in little tiny white shrimp things. People always look at me funny when I say I don't like seafood; as of today, I'm "allergic" to it. It will make my daily life easier Wink  I hope that your fear of ketchup is one that you can laugh at though. Having actual phobias are so debilitating. I know because I developed one after moving here and I hate it.

thank you: I love how the card is so simple!! It's one of my favorites because it's a secret that I'm sure a lot of us can really relate to.

stay at home mom with bratty kids: Ohhh. That could have been my secret as well. I know that's judgmental of me.... but... hell, I'm human. I've seen so many moms who just aren't involved in their kids' lives even though they're home together all day- these bratty kids probably look at their mom as a roommate, not a parental figure. Hell, I'm more involved with my dogs' lives than some moms in my own neighborhood are with their own children. It's sickening really, and I just have to wonder why some people procreate. Okay, I'm done. I'll just get meaner now  Tongue

scrubs friends: Even when friends really mess up, it's hard not to miss the good times. I feel the same about some people, too. Ugh.

Call me more: Maybe when he calls out of the blue, tell him "I love when you call me out of the blue. It makes me feel so loved." or whatever fits your own personality. Maybe he'll catch on and call you more so he can feel like a hero (and you'll feel like a princess) and everyone wins Smiley

no female friends: I have only one good female friend and we bitch all the time about how hard it is to meet normal, non-bitchy women to be friends with!! I'm so very lucky to have her in my life, even if we do live in different countries. Maybe one day you'll meet a great woman you can be best friends with. It seems whenever I meet great women, they're all online, but I want a friend I can hang out with in real life, too Wink

friends vs. family: I hate that you are put in a situation where you have to choose one over the other!! That just seems awful. I can only hope that you're still living at home and this won't be an issue when you're able to get out on your own! If you're having to make these choices while not living at home, that would be really sad Sad

think about suicide daily: Please get help or talk to one of us. I have been there and it sucks. It more than sucks. It's just awful. If you need to talk, cry, or bitch&moan, let me know. I'm a good listener- I promise!

bondage positions:
Sweet! I love the honesty in this card. Have you done yoga/pilates? Pilates has made my body more flexible than it has been in years!

tipping: I absolutely hate that tips are expected. I have leaving tips because the service is usually so shitty any place I go. In Japan, it's not customary to tip (it's considered rude, actually- it's like "hey, your business needs my financial help. Here you go!") which is ironic. The service here is always soooo good, that I want to tip them the entire price of my meal!

lost my virginity at 24: May I say that I LOVE this card?! The image and the cherries are just so perfect!

P.S. One of the senders sent me a card with a return address from Franz Ferdinand. I just wanna thank you for the laugh. My husband found it absolutely amusing, too  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lawnwranglergirl

On the run from Johnny Law...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2008 12:09:42 AM »

I've been lurking and checking out everyone's secrets, and they're all so amazing! I just wanted to say to the sender of the "die hard Yankees fan" card - I'm guessing you're living somewhere in New England? I'm as die hard as they come when it comes to the Yankees, and I went to college in Boston. So not to fear, there are transplanted Yankees fans all over the region. We do exist!

And if you're a Yankees fan, you're definitely good enough to marry!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

between the click of the light and the start of the dream...

Movie reviews, pop cultural ramblings and baseball rants:
http://rushmoregirl.blogspot.com
PaperBag
« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2008 12:33:38 AM »

Just a note about white bread: We are a wheat bread family, but it's sooo expensive this way! We can get a loaf of white bread for about $0.77 but the cheapest loaf of wheat is around $3.50. The wheat bread that we get (Mmm, multi-grain goodness) is $4 a loaf. For $4, we could get enough white bread to... Umm.. I don't know what we'd do with 4 loaves of white bread, actually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2008 03:05:35 AM »

Family Vs friends:  I too had to make this choice, and I also chose friends.  10 years later I'm closer to my mother than I could have EVER imagined!  Luckily she finally realised that I can make my own decisions, they've been pretty sensible ones (well, ones that are sensible for my life!) and I'm now the child she relies on and comes to for advice on my other siblings (I'm one of eight, so there tends to be quite a few issues with us!).  I do hope your family come around eventually, but I also know I'd choose my friends again and again if I had to  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardcoremothball
I can't think of anything clever to say

French Toast...Get it?

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2008 03:21:42 AM »

Just a note about white bread: We are a wheat bread family, but it's sooo expensive this way! We can get a loaf of white bread for about $0.77 but the cheapest loaf of wheat is around $3.50. The wheat bread that we get (Mmm, multi-grain goodness) is $4 a loaf. For $4, we could get enough white bread to... Umm.. I don't know what we'd do with 4 loaves of white bread, actually!

Thats expensive wheat bread!!! I used to work are a grocery store and our white bread was about $1.00 and the wheat bread(the cheapest kind that is) was i think like $1.77 at the most was $2.00 but I dont think it was that expensive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2008 04:24:11 AM »

Thats expensive wheat bread!!! I used to work are a grocery store and our white bread was about $1.00 and the wheat bread(the cheapest kind that is) was i think like $1.77 at the most was $2.00 but I dont think it was that expensive...

The thing is, the cheapest kind of wheat bread doesn't really have a lot of whole grain wheat in it.  It's got just enough wheat flour to make it brown, and it has the same amount of fiber as white bread.  Personally, wheat bread doesn't agree with my digestive system.  I know white bread is junk food, but my stomach hasn't figured it out yet.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
NyteRayn

Hi my name is Jess and I have a crafting problem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2008 05:09:15 AM »

I got some secrets! I got some secrets! Yay!!!  Grin

Here are two of them (the rest are causing me trouble because the flash on my camera bounces off them, or if I turn it off its too dark, so I need to retake the pics tonight. But I wanted to share the two photos that did come out well!!)

And on the back it says Big and small, Ive done them all.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Findings, links, tutes, fabrics, news, photos and all other sorts of crafty-type stuff! http://elementalcraft.blogspot.com/
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2008 05:32:25 AM »

@ virginity card: I just want to say that I'm glad there are other late-bloomers. I feel like everyone I know has already had sex and sometimes I feel like it's all they talk about! It feels really isolating sometimes. I mean, I've never even been kissed....

Don't worry it's better that way.  I was a "late bloomer" in some respects, but not in others, and it really sucked when in University my friends were all bragging about never having been kissed, and I had been.  And if it makes you feel better I know that many of my friends are still waiting, and they aren't worried about it.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are Juice Cleanses a Good Idea?
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Skin Care Secrets
Helpful Makeup Tools That Make Application Easier
DIY Organic Face Mask for Smooth, Hydrated Skin
Follow Just One Step to Lighten Dark Spots and Acne Scars
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...