A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 83869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigo_roses
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2008 06:30:13 PM »

Wow, I go to class for 2 1/2 hours and come back to 3 whole pages! Anyway, a few comments -

anxiety - I know exactly how you feel. I started getting panic attacks about 5 years ago. I'm now on Paxil, and get maybe one a month. It's bad when it happens in public, I just feel the need to get out. Talk to your doctor, and they can set up up with a psychiatrist. If couseling doesn't work, drugs are your friend.

high heels - I wish I could wear them too. I just always feel so awkward in them. And then I see my roommate, prancing around in 4 inch heels.

guilty eating meat - me too, but it's yummy. I've been trying to eat less meat this year, and it's been going pretty well so far. I'll usually pick something without meat if it's available. But, living on campus with dining hall food doesn't always provide many edible options.

first pap - I just had my first one over winter break. I felt so disgusting afterwards, even though it was a woman doctor. Luckily I was near a Michael's and A.C. Moore, so I went out and spent way too much money on craft supplies. Then I felt a little better. But you are in no way a freak! I would never want to get an exam done by a guy. I don't understand their motivation for wanting to be a gyno in the first place. They don't have the right equiptment to fully understand!

living in the real world - I know! And it's so weird to go home and the room's completely quiet, no one is in there with me, and there's no fridge or tv! The one thing that is nice is that the bathroom is a lot closer. Can I just stay in school and not go out into the real world?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
janelleleigh
« Reply #351 on: February 19, 2008 06:32:22 PM »

wow. this is so crazy, it's like "where do i start?" i really want to say to the person who was raped and stopped talking about it because nobody believed her...i am so sorry. i wish i could give you a hug and let you know that you are not alone. i was sexually assaulted in middle school by my best friend and he left hickeys and bruises on me, no one believed that i fought him because we were so close beforehand. i wanted to die, i wanted to scream in peoples faces when they didn't believe me, it was the worst feeling ever. if you ever want to talk i am here...

i have a slow connection so i will be posting more cards in a little bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2008 06:36:04 PM »

I just saw one of my biggest secrets on here and i just realized how vulnerable that makes me feel. telling some of my secrets didnt bother me...but seeing this one on there...wow...its scary but in a good way...

i know how you feel - when my secrets started showing up i was like "wow, i really don't like this" but now i feel like it's sort of lightened my load a bit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
lady4feet
« Reply #353 on: February 19, 2008 06:54:11 PM »

Wow presidents day really made this day soar in posts.

Here's the ones I received today.

I can some what relate to this. I've never been religious so I don't resent the church it self more like the people who take chuch to the extreme.

"I wish I had lived in the '50's I would have made a great trophy wift. Now I feel obligated to be a career woman"

I'm the opposite but I don't think you should feel obligated to be anything you don't want to be.

On the back: he killed himself last year. I still hate him for it.

I couldn't imagine loosing someone I cared about by suicide. I hope that you find peace soon.

I love this card. Keep up your determination sender! I know it sounds stupid but you only get one first time.

On the back" all summer we talked about how we'd never join something like the military. I dumped him and he told me he was hearbroked and then he joined the marines."

Don't feel bad sender. The military can be really really good for some people. I've seen a lot of people who you wouldn't think they'd adjust well to the military and they've loved it.

Don't know what the sender does now but I hope you fullfill your dreams.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyLee22
« Reply #354 on: February 19, 2008 06:56:25 PM »

4 more!! yesss  Grin

i have a friend like this, it is hard to figure out how to tell someone they are dating a slime ball

probably because you are amazing!!

i feel this one, it is very similar to one i sent in, but after reading the bowling/bus card i think there may be hope in unlikely places...

this one says "When I was a little girl, I was molested by another little girl. I used to think this made me lesbian, but i am not. It always amazed me that I never lost my faith in God, and it always made me sad that she did.... I forgive her...."
this is super intense, i am glad that you had worked through your pain, there are so many other people who have not. Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Best episode of 'Cops' ever made:
officer- "ma'am why do you have scissors in your pocket?"
drunk lady- "for arts, such as.... crafts?"
janelleleigh
« Reply #355 on: February 19, 2008 07:05:23 PM »

okay here we go!

okay i went to a free translation site and here's the exact translation it gave me: "because I America would hate liked I in Germany live"
--i'm not sure if you like america or germany...

"I am still afraid of the dark"
--i can only sleep if it's totally dark, however in ANY other situation i am 100% uncomfortable.

"I am an alcoholic." the back says: "and I'm only 19."
--i definitely teared up when i saw this, there is so much alcoholism in my family and it hurts so many people not just you! please please get help!

"I tell my family that I don't want children so that they won't be disappointed when no one wants to marry me and start a family. Truthfully, I would love to have kids."
--so many hugs to you! i have done the same thing and felt the same way. i will be praying for you to meet the right person!

"I wish I'd had more experience before I got married. I feel like I'm missing out..."
--i'm so sorry you feel this way, and i hope that sending this secret made you feel a little bit better<3

"I never wanted his child...too late...1 month left."
--*sigh* i wish i had the right words for you. i guess all i can say is not everyone has children with the right people, but just you wait, you will have the right child for you.

"My life has been fairly smooth sailing. Sometimes I wish it hadn't been because I wonder if I'm strong enough to handle it if anything were to happen."
--NOOOOO! enjoy and embrace the blessings of a good life, please. plenty of us would LOVE to have a secret like this!

once again, thank you everyone for sharing your secrets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seegmonster
« Reply #356 on: February 19, 2008 07:11:18 PM »

the first one says "because I hate America, I would like to live in Germany"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janelleleigh
« Reply #357 on: February 19, 2008 07:17:34 PM »

thanks! america can definitely be hard to love at times...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBag
« Reply #358 on: February 19, 2008 07:20:17 PM »

bowling/bus: That is so awesome. I love your story.

she's my soulmate: I think it's awful how judgemental some people can be. I'm sad that you can't live your life the way that you want to just because society doesn't think it's "right" Sad

days of our lives: That's sweet. It will always be your "thing" Smiley

first pap: I actually started crying when the nurse was laying everything out. Don't worry. It gets better. I mean, I never look forward to it, but at least I don't bawl anymore!

resent the church: Me too. That could have been my secret.

obligated to be a career woman: I, too, would have loved to be a wife in the 50s. I am not big on women in the workforce (I'm not against it either!!!), and I don't know anything I'd want to do the rest of my life, really. I'm not "built" to be a career woman, but that's okay. I don't feel obligated to be one! sender, I hope that you find something you like to do and you don't become a serious career woman just because society promotes it.

I don't forgive you: I imagine I'd be pretty mad as well Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2008 07:29:30 PM »

"I wish i'd had more experience"
YES! I understand!!
I'm not technically married, but I'm in a relationship that (happily) has no end in sight.
He's the only person I've ever kissed or really been into/with at all Smiley
but sometimes I wonder what I could be missing!!
I have more to say about this, but it's kind of a touchy subject which requires more fore-thought than typing, and I'm sitting in a classroom full of chatty folks so that's impossible at the moment.

I really feel ya though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 4/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 5/35
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 1/4
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 3/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 33/35
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...