A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 83838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #690 on: March 03, 2008 04:12:29 PM »

from what I heard from PaperBag/the other groups organizer, once they have been PMed that your card(s) has been received that is what goes towards you getting feedback NOT just having them posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
thecobaltcat
« Reply #691 on: March 03, 2008 04:19:55 PM »

I was looking thru all the cards and felt the need to comment on a couple of them that really struck a chord with me.

The one about adoption and hoping she won't regret it: As an adopted child I feel so very blessed with the parents that I have that I don't have any regrets. Of course I will always wonder about the biological mom, but my true mother is the beautiful person who went to all my school stuff, took care of me when I was sick or sad or scared, and who I know that I can still call (and I'll be 44 years old this year!) and she will be there for me. I always knew I was adopted (I don't think that should be hidden); Mom always told me that they were so excited to adopt and that she was sure that the biological mom made the best choice she could under the circumstances and that she wanted a better life for me than she knew she could give. If you just want some moral support or a view of what it is like for the adoptee from my perspective just give me a pm.

Regarding the alcholic Mom and not being able to save her. My ex is an alcoholic and it took me a long time to realize that he didn't want to be saved. The only thing you can do is love your mom for being your mom, but accept that YOU are not responsible for her condition. Do not eat yourself up with guilt. I felt terrible about terminating the relationship with my ex but therapy helped me understand that I had to do what I had to do to save myself.

All the cards regarding Depression...please get help. You are not alone. Get diagnosed, get some medication and therapy if necessary. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Don't be afraid to ask for help. I spent years being miserable only to discover I suffered from chronic low-grade depression that is totally treatable with a very low dose of anti-depressant. I can't begin to tell you what a difference it made knowing that I was not a freak.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #692 on: March 03, 2008 05:30:15 PM »

yes, you get feedback depending on how many times your code has been received not how many cards have been posted. Remember that we do not know which cards belong to which swapper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #693 on: March 03, 2008 07:45:35 PM »

i have been saving mine to post. i have dial up and uploading 15 pics (already posted a couple) will sometimes take hours, so i try to do it all at once and just before i leave the house so i am not sitting waiting. . . and waiting . . . and waiting i got two more today (havn't opened any of my mail yet, its still sitting on the table) i will pm the codes and upload tommorrow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
PaperBag
« Reply #694 on: March 03, 2008 08:22:14 PM »

dial up?! wow, I'd want to post them all at once too lol

like haroldlovesmaude said, you all get feedback as soon as 15 of your cards have been received. Those of you in my group who don't have feedback yet... Well, hopefully it's coming soon! If there are any codes around still that you haven't PMd me about, please do so Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_rach
« Reply #695 on: March 03, 2008 10:00:23 PM »

Kristen, I just wanted to chime in and say that I think I understand where you are coming from.

Personally, I can't draw or paint, I don't have artistic handwriting, heck I can't even colour inside the lines. Usually I create all my secrets digitally. But for this swap I sat and made sure every single one of my cards had something 'handmade' about it ... because I figured that unlike reading postsecret or ljsecret, actually opening up a secret from a craftster member should be a tangible experience. So I sat down and made the best out of what I had. I spent hours slowly drawing as best I could, cutting and pasting, making little collages, using stickers and stamps ... heck, I even traced an image with a heap of different colour pens to make it look like I wanted.
In short, I put as much effort into this swap as I would have any other one. This is my first swap on this site but I have trawled through many of the swap galleries and seen so many people sending quilts, knits and so many other things that must have taken them days, I guess I just felt I should put that same amount of time into this swap, even though the result would end up being 19 4x6 cards scattered around the world.

On a totally different topic, I always jump around the change room when trying on bras, much to the alarm of whoever is shopping with me. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #696 on: March 04, 2008 05:17:22 AM »

This is my first swap on this site but I have trawled through many of the swap galleries and seen so many people sending quilts, knits and so many other things that must have taken them days

In some cases weeks... I spent a whole month of crafting on one of the swap items I sent out.  Kudos to you for putting the extra effort into your cards. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #697 on: March 04, 2008 11:55:11 AM »

3 more secrets....

"i think this film saved my LIFE!"

"I used to have a problem with diet pills. Now that I weight 50 pounds more then I did then, I wish I still had a problem with diet pills."

"I wish you loved me like he loves her, that's why I hate her."

Thank you for sharing your secrets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #698 on: March 04, 2008 12:01:53 PM »

any clue what the film referred to in the first card is?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008 12:02:06 PM by ruby_soho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #699 on: March 04, 2008 12:08:26 PM »

any clue what the film referred to in the first card is?

Sorry, I don't know what film that is from.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Images in a Slideshow
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Filtering, Reordering and Sorting Files in Bridge
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Workspace, Rating and Labeling
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Files in Bridge
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Introducing Navigation and Adobe Bridge
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...