A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 79329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MandyLikesPie
« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2008 12:01:32 PM »

I love the visual concept of the "cutting you out made our friendships stronger" card. The image really complements the secret. Good job, card maker!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #681 on: March 03, 2008 12:13:16 PM »

I'm not saying that anyone sounded ungrateful, and I'm not trying to send anyone on a guilt trip, but it's hard to condone complaining in a swap that's based on people remaining anonymous.

While you may have spent hours on a singular card, only to receive a card that looks like it was thrown together in 5 minutes, or where you may have poured your heart and soul out only to receive a card that's something along the lines of "broccoli makes me fart". In this swap it's the luck of the draw and i think that complaining about that isn't fair. Mostly because other people can't defend themselves while maintaining their anonymity. Again, the degree of secrets vary among people, and who are we to judge the 'worthiness' of the secrets of others?

i think that everyone has gotten something in a swap that doesn't suit their taste. and they've probably sent out a lot only to receive a little. But that's only semi-preventable in a regular swap. These cards are not crafted for the receivers tastes. they are crafted for the sender's tastes. And while you don't have to absolutely love every single card that you got and sing their praises to the high heavens, it's just rude to pick on a person's card because it doesn't suit your tastes.

Again, this isn't supposed to sound offensive, and i realize that it probably does since I'm saying things very bluntly, that's just how i am in general my family and friends can attest to that. But personally I think that it's rather ridiculous to complain about card/secret quality or receiving 'ugly' cards when this swap isn't about receiving pretty things, that's a bonus, it's about releasing secrets to others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2008 12:20:45 PM »

I did post the card that I got a duplicate of, so that's there.

I have for sure gotten stuff in swaps that wasn't to my tastes, although I have also gotten stuff that rocked my socks off, so it's hard.  I tried to make my secrets look pretty, and that's part of who I am.  I want visuals to go with each secret, and I like using fun fonts to express things.  My secrets are important, and as I am sending them out into the world, I want them to reflect that.  There is nothing "wrong" with scribbled words on a piece of cardstock, but I just wonder why, especially if it is a big secret, why not put some time into it, especially if (or hopefully) it's going to be posted in the gallery for all of craftster to see.

That's just my take.  I don't think I am at even 15 of my cards being posted, but the mail can be weird sometimes.  I have to report in and post one card, and maybe more once the mail pops into the house.

I'm taking a good, long break from swapping after this one is done, mostly because I spend way too much at the post office!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2008 12:24:57 PM »

I'm taking a good, long break from swapping after this one is done, mostly because I spend way too much at the post office!

You'd think we could get hooked up with frequent flyer miles or something. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
kristen219
« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2008 12:43:26 PM »

i dont want to be wiggly anymore- i completely one hundred percent agree! things on my body move when i brush my teeth  Undecided haha oh well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good morning starshine! The world says hello!

this was funnn
http://www.wists.com/kristen219/
kristen219
« Reply #685 on: March 03, 2008 01:06:18 PM »

I'm not saying that anyone sounded ungrateful, and I'm not trying to send anyone on a guilt trip, but it's hard to condone complaining in a swap that's based on people remaining anonymous.

While you may have spent hours on a singular card, only to receive a card that looks like it was thrown together in 5 minutes, or where you may have poured your heart and soul out only to receive a card that's something along the lines of "broccoli makes me fart". In this swap it's the luck of the draw and i think that complaining about that isn't fair. Mostly because other people can't defend themselves while maintaining their anonymity. Again, the degree of secrets vary among people, and who are we to judge the 'worthiness' of the secrets of others?

i think that everyone has gotten something in a swap that doesn't suit their taste. and they've probably sent out a lot only to receive a little. But that's only semi-preventable in a regular swap. These cards are not crafted for the receivers tastes. they are crafted for the sender's tastes. And while you don't have to absolutely love every single card that you got and sing their praises to the high heavens, it's just rude to pick on a person's card because it doesn't suit your tastes.

Again, this isn't supposed to sound offensive, and i realize that it probably does since I'm saying things very bluntly, that's just how i am in general my family and friends can attest to that. But personally I think that it's rather ridiculous to complain about card/secret quality or receiving 'ugly' cards when this swap isn't about receiving pretty things, that's a bonus, it's about releasing secrets to others.

i understand what you are saying and i agree. like i said i just feel disappointed that i took this all so seriously. i also say things very bluntly, which is sometimes a negative quality, otherwise i would have just kept my mouth shut and smiled about this whole thing.

anyway, u are entitled to your opinion, and i thank u for voicing it (i believe everyone should  Smiley ) and i am entitled to mine. so i guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

this was funnn
Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #686 on: March 03, 2008 01:15:20 PM »

i dont want to be wiggly anymore- i completely one hundred percent agree! things on my body move when i brush my teeth  Undecided haha oh well

Amusing story about wiggly bodies, lot lighten the mood  Smiley

I recently decided that I had to get fitter, so I toddled along to the "big boob bra shop" (Bravissimo, it's HEAVEN!) and asked the lovely lady to help me find a bra to contain the girls.

Thankfully she didn't look like I was asking the impossible (really, I was...) and brought out a lovely sports bra, which I dutifully tried on.  I admired my 1950's pointy breasts, and bra-lady says "now, jump!".   Shocked

Well, lets just say that everything BUT the girls moved!

I now believe in miracles, and well trained bra-ladies! (oh, and although I've not lost ANY weight, I can now run up and down stairs without dying!  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristen219
« Reply #687 on: March 03, 2008 02:07:45 PM »

congratulations! theres nothing like buying a new bra to make ur day a little bit brighter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

this was funnn
Costurasdeacero
« Reply #688 on: March 03, 2008 02:26:28 PM »

hahaha I'm sure buying a new bra is a great thing. No wonder I have so many  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UrsulaDiamond
« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2008 03:59:11 PM »

everyone who hasn't posted cards should really get to doing that!
some of us still havn't gotten feedback !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Exfoliators For Smoother Skin
Fall’s 4 Hottest Colors and Makeup Trends
Side French Braids Are A Versatile Hair Trend
5 Beauty Trends For Fall
Summer Beauty Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...