A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 84139 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amazon.blonde
« Reply #620 on: March 02, 2008 07:49:30 AM »

i'm laughing out loud about the grey's one.  i feel the same way. 

i saw her presenting on an awards show with "alex" and instantly i'm like why is she doing this?  she's not even a main character!! 

oh how caught up we can get in pretend lives!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TracyLee22
« Reply #621 on: March 02, 2008 07:51:26 AM »

my photobucket hates me, lets hope it works this time!!

this one says on the back: I drink to deal with my emotional problems.

this one hit really close to home for me. and i wish i knew what to say to you....

It is hard to be the one to move on sometimes, esp. when you still care about that person just not in the way they care about you. PS. i love your handwriting.

This one says, I make more money then my boyfriend does. He knows, but he doesn't know how much. He also doesn't know how much i waste on useless crap while we still have trouble paying our bills.
* i often wonder how much i spend on hair products and whatnot and how much money i could have.

also some comments: Miss the sex not the love- wow i can relate to this but didn't realize that was really how i felt until i read your card!!
Scantron- these are living hell i completely agree, there has to be some better way to test.
YMCA-- I work at Y too, i almost made a secret about how they don't adhere to any of those ideals that they try to teach! I am working my last shift there next week!! i am counting down!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Best episode of 'Cops' ever made:
officer- "ma'am why do you have scissors in your pocket?"
drunk lady- "for arts, such as.... crafts?"
highway16

And that's very unusual for me...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #622 on: March 02, 2008 08:03:28 AM »

Thank you.

back:

(id number concealed in photoshop to protect identity of wicked-awesome fabric card craftster)

The card is made out of satin, organza, tulle and paper sewn onto fleece, backed with a notecard and serged.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
highway16

And that's very unusual for me...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #623 on: March 02, 2008 08:14:08 AM »

I got the john deere card too, so i wont post it

Please go ahead and post it. Someone worked hard on this, and it makes me sad that someone else's judgment call results in their work not being seen. To be honest, I like the fabric cards, and I would much rather see a very similar fabric card twice (that still had effort invested in the construction, even if the design effort was duplicated) than one that didn't take much effort to either design or construct. I have gotten some secrets I didn't agree with (either for content or construction), but I thought that part of this swap was receiving whatever the other person chose to send and posting it for everyone to see.

That's my two cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaperBag
« Reply #624 on: March 02, 2008 09:36:41 AM »

On the back: And he only does it because he knows it bugs me!

-----------------------

Fold back the cover to reveal the whole secret:

"Inspired by secrets from the last rounds. I'm trying to find an old friend i've always worried about. He started (or at very least claimed to be) doing a lot of drugs. The last time I saw him (over 4 years ago). I'm scared shitless that he wont remember me or he does and hates me for trying to find him."

My scans are awesome and they're clear, so does anyone know why they look so awful when I post them here? It's not cool!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008 09:40:19 AM by PaperBag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2008 09:38:47 AM »

agreed! i've recieved some that are a coloured paper with a secret scribbled on it. but then i've received some beautifully well thought out secrets that are reflected in the wonderful crafting on the post card
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
Costurasdeacero
« Reply #626 on: March 02, 2008 11:31:27 AM »

@ hardcoremothball, I googled "weaboo". This is what I got:

A negative term directed to anyone overly obsessed with Japanese culture to the point where they become annoying.

Most weaboos are uneducated about their obsession of choice and are often noobs who are overly zealous, trying to impress others with their otaku knowledge. Another trait of a weaboo is their desire to "be Japanese".

While the two terms are often fused together, weaboos are very different from anime fans or enthusiasts. A fan may be just as enthusiastic and knowlegable
about Japanese culture, mainly anime, but they neither boast about their knowledge nor call themselves otaku(because of its known negative connotation). 

I loved when I received secrets nicely made. Some of mine had been complimented which made me really happy! I think this swap is also good for trying to get a little more creative. I got all my secrets already, I'll try to post the last ones ASAP  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2008 11:35:02 AM »

PaperBag, it looks like your pictures got resized when you posted them in here that's why theyre not quite as clear. If you right click, select "Copy Image Location" and then paste that into the URL bar and go it shows up larger and clearer! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2008 12:22:23 PM »

@ drug friend,
I know, I know exactly. I just got in contact with mine. Some guy at the number I was given to try to reach my friend wouldn't let me talk to her. It was really really sad. But at least I know she's alive, and that feels better. Good luck. It is really kind of you to care so much, and I hope he's doing ok Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008 12:23:11 PM by Fabric » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardcoremothball
I can't think of anything clever to say

French Toast...Get it?

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2008 02:30:36 PM »

just chiming in about card quality...i dont really care what my cards llok like...someone could scribble a secret on an index, stick a stamp on the back, and send it to me and i would be happy...i mean...ultimately thats what this is about. its about secrets...my only issue is secrets that arent really secres...ok i get that some people dont have a big dark secret...but if you dont have a secret...then dont join a post secret swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
March 17th: Hit Song Hangover
Noisemakers On Noisevox: The Kissaway Trail
Corinne Leigh Discusses Her Crafts Work
The Game
February 17th: The Pocket Symphony
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...