A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 78514 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crafty_rach
« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2008 02:48:56 AM »

"I WILL (probably) ALWAYS LOVE YOU (Just a little bit!) (PS: Yes this picture is actually relevent Smiley)
The picture is a plant, I wish I knew more botany so I could decode this image! My immediate thought was that my boyfriend's name is "Cale," much like the bitter icky vegetable, and that maybe your loved one has some kind of plant related name. Or maybe you love this plant? Or maybe your loved one gave you this plant? I'm so curious! This card gave me the warm fuzzies and something fun to think about
PS: I like your sensibility with the "probably" and the "just a little bit." Smiley

Well, since it obviously provided you with so much entertainment and thought I thought you deserved an answer lol. The plant is an Aspidistra, it's a reference to the George Orwell book 'Keep the Aspidistra Flying'. The relationship between the two main characters is kind of like how I saw our relationship turning out (although as it stands the relationship will never come to fruition so it will remain a theory). Plus the person I wrote this has similar literary tastes to me, and Orwell is a topic we discuss often.
Also, I didn't just want to write 'I will always love you' because that was a bit too cheesy love scene/simplistic for something I knew was bizarre from the start, hence the rationalising.
On a side note, my cousin is named Kale ... I should ask my Aunt whether she put the K there to differentiate him from the bitter vegetable a little lol.
Oh, yes, thank you, that was a very satisfying reference! (I knew I was onto something! Tongue)
(also, I think the vegetable is spelled (spelt?) with a "K" and the BFs parent's gave Cale a "C" to differentiate- crazy interchangable letters)

Right you are, ha, I always thought the cabbage was with a C. I wonder why...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBag
« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2008 04:26:31 AM »

I received 6 cards today! It was a great mixture of funny, silly, and really sad. On to the cards:

This is awesome Cheesy Very good to hear, too!

YES! Kids books rock. This one made me laugh a lot. I prefer them, as well.

It says, " I've watched every episode, many times, every commentary, bonus feature, and outtake for all 7 seasons, but I think as long as I stay away from the conventions and fan fic, I can still believe that my obsession falls on this side of healthy." I'm sorry to say that I know know what show this is from! I'm going to guess Buffy... (Checked online by doing a google image search and my guess was right!). I've watched all the episodes, commentary, and extras of Friends and several other TV shows. I hope I'm on "this side of healthy", too Wink

I don't really know what to say about this one  Huh. It's a very touching secret, but I just can't put anything into words.  Undecided

It says, "The hardest part wasn't leaving him...It was knowing I'd never see his little sister again. She cried every time I went home after visiting. She's the one I let down." On the back, it says, "She drew this for me." This secret is also really touching, but again, I can't put how it makes me feel into words.

On the back, this card says, "It kills me that I got on the flight. I love you. I miss you." This card gives me chills. When I first read it, I just sat in my car speechless. I can't imagine the pain you must feel, sender. I don't even understand what happened exactly, but the card is still heartbreaking Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #372 on: February 20, 2008 05:44:56 AM »

"I'm afraid I'm going to LOSE the only relationship I've ever had because....I can't stop acting like my MOTHER!"

I did lose this relationship.  he broke up with me less than 2 weeks after i made this card.

i know you're not supposed to "own up" to your secrets, but I had to because it came true and i'm not scared any more, now i am just depressed as hell and i really wish both he and i could forgive me.

I'm so sorry Sad I identified with your secret when it was revealed -- Everytime I yell at my husband I can hear my mother's voice coming through. It's creepy. I hope that you can get past this for your next relationship. Feel better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
sonnetbird
Life is full of adventure!

I see you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #373 on: February 20, 2008 05:49:58 AM »

I laughed out loud at the New Mexico one. I'm from New Mexico, and I'm very fair skinned. When I tell people that's where I'm from, they say, "You don't look Mexican," and look confused. I think those are the people who didn't pay attention in school Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The gal who smiles when things go wrong has just thought of someone to blame it on.
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2008 07:51:15 AM »

I think it says, "Because I hate America, I liked living in Germany". I think... plus that makes a bit more sense!

it's not in the past, it says "Because I hate America, I would like to live in Germany"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
RockWaterFalls
Dances With Arrows

Slave to the Craft

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2008 08:00:31 AM »

Oh my GOD you guys! I'm crying at work now...thanks a lot.   Undecided Cry

The ones that have struck me tha hardest have been all of the pregnancy cards. They echo things that I've sent off as well and it is heartbreaking--but also a bit healing to read similar feelings.
On resenting the soon-to-be mother of 2: My best friend just had a beautiful baby. She never wanted to be a mother--she hates kids *except for her own now*...and it breaks me down every day because ALL I wanted in my life has been a family but I'm now dealing with the possibility of never having my own.

Well, I won't write a book here about my own issues, but I just REALLY appreciate everyone for their honesty.

I have to go sit in the bathroom and cry for a while now.
Wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Old Links I'm too Lazy to Change yet...:
Wists: http://www.wists.com/rockwaterfalls
Stalkers: http://www.geocities.com/amanda_zobel
Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2008 08:50:50 AM »

I'm sorry but to knowingly poison an innocent/defenseless...REALLY difficult not to judge.

But you don't know their motives, either. Perhaps the owner of the hamster didn't take care of it but wouldn't let it go.. or maybe the hamster had a habit of biting people, or maybe they thought the hamster was sick. You just can't tell.

Even if you are opposed to the secret, please don't post hateful type comments!

I didn't intend to be hateful. But to me this type of action indicates that there is some sort of deeper problem & that person may need to seek help. If in fact the owner wasn't taking proper care of the animal or even if they thought it was sick then, as Legerdemain indicates, when the owner is away, take it to the local shelter. And frankly, under no circumstances is a hamster biting reason to attempt to poison it. It is the one & only line of defense for a creature that weighs less than 1lb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Credu.Afon
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2008 09:22:55 AM »

This is such a great swap. I've been checking this everyday to see all the new cards. There are a lot that fit me, and it does make it feel better that I'm not the only one going through some of the things, I hope it is the same for some of you guys too.
I wanted to post something here yesterday to tell you guys how cool of an idea this is but i forgot..then today i seen the one that says "I prefer reading kids books!" and I had to laugh. That picture is of lola right? My cousins two little girls watch the disney show charlie and lola and I love that show. i watch it with them anytime its on, I've even watched it alone when nothing else is on Smiley
Like i said i think this is a great swap and such a good idea to help people vent or whatever else. I don't think this is a place to judge. If you say mean things about someone's secret that is hurtful, no one would like it if someone was being mean towards them for there secret.

Is there going to be another round of this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2008 09:26:23 AM »

there's talk of a round 4 in the round 3 discussion thread Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
PaperWings

Flippin right.

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2008 09:36:21 AM »

I got 7 Yesterday but I didn't get around to posting until now. So voila!

"I tell people I'm allergic to Ketchup, but the truth is it scares the crap out of me."
-- I just think Ketchup is evil and I was so happy when I saw this. I thought I was the only one.

"You are the only guy who has ever expressed any interest in me beyond friendship. You made me feel so loved"
-- I can relate to this one. It feels kind of good no?

"It's not you it's your brain, Oxcarbazepine 150 mg tabletgln, side effects on the bottom"
-- I was treated for depression and that's basically what they told me. I just wanted to hit someone. Silly people.

"I love the rain. Because they make everyone a little depressed and then I don't feel so alone."
-- I love the rain too.

"I want to touch her boobs"
-- I love this one it's so blunt, honest and well made.

"I hate my best friend, we are so wrong for each other. Because we are so alike."
-- This one I can relate to like crazy.

"I'm not catholic, I'm not christian, I don't believe in god but I really really really want to be a nun."
-- I can't say I can relate but whatever you're doing I hope you find happiness.

Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a thousand is a statistic.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Upgrade to a Rose Bun For Your Holiday Parties!
The Monday Makeover - Creating Beach Hair Style
How to Do a Simple Back to School Hairstyle
The Monday Makeover - Disco Heat
How to Style the Perfect Top Knot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...