A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 82818 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2008 08:19:31 PM »

"I'm afraid I'm going to LOSE the only relationship I've ever had because....I can't stop acting like my MOTHER!"

I did lose this relationship.  he broke up with me less than 2 weeks after i made this card.

i know you're not supposed to "own up" to your secrets, but I had to because it came true and i'm not scared any more, now i am just depressed as hell and i really wish both he and i could forgive me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: February 19, 2008 08:28:27 PM »

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/meggiemae0813/002-1.jpg
bottom: "this commercial makes me feel so guilty I could cry. For every dog that gets adopted
I cry EVERY time I see this commercial-and the other ones too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
crafty_rach
« Reply #362 on: February 19, 2008 08:54:48 PM »

Oh my! Lol, can't say I relate but from what I've heard there's plenty of people that do Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralera

Crafty and Musical

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 19, 2008 09:05:31 PM »

"I'm afraid I'm going to LOSE the only relationship I've ever had because....I can't stop acting like my MOTHER!"

I did lose this relationship.  he broke up with me less than 2 weeks after i made this card.

i know you're not supposed to "own up" to your secrets, but I had to because it came true and i'm not scared any more, now i am just depressed as hell and i really wish both he and i could forgive me.

Oh! I'm very sorry to hear that. It's interesting to see the 'end'(?) of that secret. Though, I hope it's not the end. I hope he does forgive you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FairyFemme

Avoiding the temptation to join another swap!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: February 19, 2008 10:58:00 PM »

Received 5 mas! woo-hoo!!

Soda, Bitch

Reads: "The more I (verbally) abuse certain people, the more they want to do my bidding. I despise them. I despise me as well."
Character states: "Quit talking, bitch!" "Get me a SODA."

Freeloader?
FRONT:

Reads: "I would live with my dad forever if i could. Does that make me a free loader?"

BACK:

Reads: " I know I am 23 and supposed to be out on 'my own' by now...But..."

I Regret It

Reads: "I was Too young To get Married (I regret it)"

My Closet

Reads: "when i was little my best friend and i use to make out in my closet to practice for when we got boyfriends."

Trying To Let You Go

Reads: "I'm Trying To Let You Go because it is the only think left I can think of that might bring you back...I don't know if I will last the distance."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008 12:05:01 PM by FairyFemme » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself.
--Rita Mae Brown, Venus Envy

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
--Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2008 11:03:52 PM »

"I am a terrible artist despite my bachelors degree in fine arts"
Oh, how do I respond? With a book, hows about. First of all, feel really lucky to have received this card. I completely sympathise. I am a digital art major, and I love art, but I'm digitally inept Tongue That said, I feel this point is way more important: YOUR CARD IS FRIGGIN BEAUTIFUL!! Girl, seriously, this card. is. friggin. beautiful. SO, while I understand where you're coming from, I'm also gonna take it with a grain of salt!
Is it possible you just think your art is terrible because you're looking at it in the wrong context? For example, I thought my animations were total crap because the only animation I'd really been exposed to was ren & stimpy and anime, both of which are quite polished and built for TV and usually have a really tight plot and point. But as it turns out, there's a whole world of people who animate less "professionally" AND draw weird like me... and that among them my own work kind of fits in pretty well Smiley
I mean, based on the card you sent me, it seems immediately apparent that you'd be great at ATCs (Believe me when I say I think the two sewn on bits of this post card are among my favorite pieces of little paper art to date!) and therefore you could probably make awesome cards and journals and paper crafts.
Also, if by some chance this secret is like, the BEST thing you've ever done!!, you also have the dawning age of the amateur-esthetic to look forward to! There's definitely a trend leaning towards "bad" or "child like" art. 
Sorry to ramble. I wish I could call this sender up and talk to them for an hour or so, and I'm the one who sent in the phone anxiety secret!!  Sigh. If you want a huge ego boost, I have one waiting her for you, sender.

"I WILL (probably) ALWAYS LOVE YOU (Just a little bit!) (PS: Yes this picture is actually relevent Smiley)
The picture is a plant, I wish I knew more botany so I could decode this image! My immediate thought was that my boyfriend's name is "Cale," much like the bitter icky vegetable, and that maybe your loved one has some kind of plant related name. Or maybe you love this plant? Or maybe your loved one gave you this plant? I'm so curious! This card gave me the warm fuzzies and something fun to think about
PS: I like your sensibility with the "probably" and the "just a little bit." Smiley

"Some of my BEST FRIENDS are over 65 years old (I'm 23!)"
Aw, this makes me so happy. I hate age barriers, and I love hearing about older peoples' lives.

"I still have that dream. I just don't think it's realistic anymore."
Yeah, I hear that. I guess sometimes it's good to re-evaluate dreams and resize them so you can still get joy out of them, but also have a life that is satisfying and outside of the dream realm.

"I live next to a trailer park. If anything ever happens over there the thought that goes through my mind is "they're just stupid trailer trash" then I feel bad because that's the first thing I think"
Hah! Aw. I may or may not relate. I try so hard not to judge. But yes, sometimes, things come to mind and it's good to admit that we think them even if we feel bad about thinking them!

"I love to bake!"
mmm Send some my way!

"I have been taking lessons for two years now. I don't think I am any much better but I don't want to stop because I really like my teacher."
This is too cute. I hope either a) your teacher is available (and that's an appropriate relationship) or b) you like your teacher as a friend and it's just fun and happy and yay. It's a sweet card, no matter what though.

"I think you're adorable and sweet and funny. But I hate that I'm not pretty enough for you. How can you be so shallow? But let's face it... you don't even really know how I feel about you..."
Awwww. What can I say? Maybe just say something! Like "HEY! I THINK YOU'RE AWESOME!" I've actually done that before, and -holy crap- it actually worked!  Maybe their not actually shallow... but putting up a shallow front to look cool (I guess that's still kind of shallow...?) Sigh. I guess my impulse is to say, may as well talk about it! Not much to lose, at least that I know about Smiley PS: your card is also really quite beautifully shiney!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008 11:05:46 PM by Fabric - Reason: shoot, i posted before i finsished writing :P » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_rach
« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2008 12:01:09 AM »

"I WILL (probably) ALWAYS LOVE YOU (Just a little bit!) (PS: Yes this picture is actually relevent Smiley)
The picture is a plant, I wish I knew more botany so I could decode this image! My immediate thought was that my boyfriend's name is "Cale," much like the bitter icky vegetable, and that maybe your loved one has some kind of plant related name. Or maybe you love this plant? Or maybe your loved one gave you this plant? I'm so curious! This card gave me the warm fuzzies and something fun to think about
PS: I like your sensibility with the "probably" and the "just a little bit." Smiley

Well, since it obviously provided you with so much entertainment and thought I thought you deserved an answer lol. The plant is an Aspidistra, it's a reference to the George Orwell book 'Keep the Aspidistra Flying'. The relationship between the two main characters is kind of like how I saw our relationship turning out (although as it stands the relationship will never come to fruition so it will remain a theory). Plus the person I wrote this has similar literary tastes to me, and Orwell is a topic we discuss often.
Also, I didn't just want to write 'I will always love you' because that was a bit too cheesy love scene/simplistic for something I knew was bizarre from the start, hence the rationalising.
On a side note, my cousin is named Kale ... I should ask my Aunt whether she put the K there to differentiate him from the bitter vegetable a little lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2008 12:14:02 AM »

Well, since it obviously provided you with so much entertainment and thought I thought you deserved an answer lol. The plant is an Aspidistra, it's a reference to the George Orwell book 'Keep the Aspidistra Flying'. The relationship between the two main characters is kind of like how I saw our relationship turning out (although as it stands the relationship will never come to fruition so it will remain a theory). Plus the person I wrote this has similar literary tastes to me, and Orwell is a topic we discuss often.
Also, I didn't just want to write 'I will always love you' because that was a bit too cheesy love scene/simplistic for something I knew was bizarre from the start, hence the rationalising.
On a side note, my cousin is named Kale ... I should ask my Aunt whether she put the K there to differentiate him from the bitter vegetable a little lol.
Oh, yes, thank you, that was a very satisfying reference! (I knew I was onto something! Tongue)
(also, I think the vegetable is spelled (spelt?) with a "K" and the BFs parent's gave Cale a "C" to differentiate- crazy interchangable letters)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2008 01:02:56 AM »

I noticed this thread by the recent posts.

After seeing Freeloader I must comment.

Dear Freeloader,
 I am 23 and still live my dad. Since I'm the only one worker they call him the freeloader. But in todays society the more people in the house the better finacially. I've been critizcded about living with him since I was 18 because everyone hoped I would move. But being a parent doesn't stop when the kid turns eighteen. And I know many young adults who have had to move back in with thier parents because of outside forces (money, CPS, divorce). There's no shame in living with your parents after 18. It just means you get to be closer to them even longer.

God Bless,
Elizabeth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whereswally??
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2008 02:08:56 AM »

I think it says, "Because I hate America, I liked living in Germany". I think... plus that makes a bit more sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewelry Care Tips - Assessing the Security of Your Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Sorting Your Jewelry Box
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...