A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,649
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 78252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2008 09:14:09 AM »

I'm sorry but to knowingly poison an innocent/defenseless...REALLY difficult not to judge.

But you don't know their motives, either. Perhaps the owner of the hamster didn't take care of it but wouldn't let it go.. or maybe the hamster had a habit of biting people, or maybe they thought the hamster was sick. You just can't tell.

Even if you are opposed to the secret, please don't post hateful type comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2008 09:18:34 AM »

I'm sorry but to knowingly poison an innocent/defenseless...REALLY difficult not to judge.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Not cool.  Take it to the SPCA for heaven's sake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2008 09:25:29 AM »

Please, the point of this swap is NOT to judge or say something that someone did is 'not cool'. If you feel that way, fine, but please don't post negative comments in the swap. The point of the swap is to release secrets and even if they are controversial secrets you should not post hateful/negative comments like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy shop & faves
indigo_roses
« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2008 10:04:57 AM »

So, I just went down to check my mail, and there were 10 secrets there! Wow! So, I'm going to split it up into two different posts, so it's not quite so pic heavy. And, they are actual pictures, because my computer didn't want to recognize that my scanner existed.  Undecided

I can't wait to get out of here
I can understand that feeling, but I like it where I am, and am planning on moving back to my hometown after I finish college.

I quit talking about being raped @ 14 yrs old because NOBODY believed me
I am so sorry. *huge hugs*

I have Bipolar Disorder but sometimes no one knows if it's me or the disorder. I'm BOTH. (back) They need to realize I'm not two people!
I can't really relate, but I can see how frusterating that would be.

(sorry for the sideways)
I started reading erotica when I was twelve
For a moment there, I thought I had sent myself a secret! I didn't remember making this one, though. I started reading Harlequins when I was 11, and I was into the more graphic things a few years later.

I'm addicted to Britney Spears and her breakdowns. I hope she makes it!!
Wow, I think my roommate's in this swap. She loves Britney. Personally, I think that the media caused it all, and they need to leave her and her little sister alone for a while.

5 more to come once they finish uploading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2008 10:07:44 AM »

I agree with Haroldlovesmaude. Even if you don't agree with the secret, I think you should refrain from making negative comments. It can be very discouraging for people who may want to join future rounds of this swap to know that if they post a dark secret, they're going to get chewed out and judged.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
ss9901
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2008 10:18:12 AM »

I agree with Haroldlovesmaude  and Mishymishy stop with the negative comments thats not the point of this swap at all.

anyway on with why I got on here I got on here I got loads of cards in the mail today!

It says: "I have FAKED every single orgasm, Ever since our wedding night."

It says:"I thought I was an 'expert' on secret creation. When i was thinking of secrets for this swap I left a heap of stuff out , Because the memories were too painful to unsupress
Perhaps I'm missing the point?"

There are things I left out because I didn't want to put them down on paper...

"I am dangerously close to becoming a crazy cat lady"
I can so relate >.<

"getting "saved" was suppose to make me feel like this
<------
but i still feel like this...."
on the back it says: "I love my faith but i feel like I'm the only one not getting it."
I feel much the same way.

it says: "I thought I was a Strong independent women until I realized my happiness depended on him."

Thanks for shearing all your secrets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2008 10:36:48 AM »

5 more secrets!

I have a chronic illness. It DOES NOT have me.
Good for you! (not that you have an illness, but that you aren't letting it control your life)

I have a wicked stepmother. Where's my fairy godmother?
I'm sorry, but I can't relate. I hope you find your fairy godmother soon!

I now have a room of my own... I wish I had the time. (back) (a lot of people forget about the second part of A Room of Ones Own, but Virginia knew what she was talking about)
I've never watched/read this, so I really can't relate.

mostly, I don't care about the articles, I just like to look at the pictures.
Now, I'm the opposite. I really don't look at the pictures, I like the articles. This secret is made up of lots and lots of little strips from magazines. Wow!

I finally realised that I am sort of pretty
Although, when it came to me, it said that they were sort of prey. Luckily, the two t's were intact in the bottom of the envelope, so I fixed it. The glue has now completely dried, there's no more white spots (I was in a hurry to take the pic, my batteries were dying). Anyway, I'm glad that you feel pretty now! And you made a really pretty secret too!

Few comments on others:
crazy cat lady - at the rate I'm going, I'll be one too.
love wins - I think that everyone wishes this, and hopefully it will win for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2008 10:58:07 AM »

Ok, I may have been brash in my response.  But perhaps another way of phrasing it would be to let that person know that there are resources available for situations like that--like the SPCA.  You don't need to have any reason for turning an animal over--just take it to them and they'll find a home for it or euthanize it if it is an unsafe pet.  Win-win.

I feel that we often tread a very fine line in regards to issues like this.  It may not be considered PC in this forum to express such an opinion, but I think it is important that the intent to be welcoming/accepting doesn't overshadow an issue that could merit acknowledgement/support/possible solutions for future reference.  I think, if I'm correct, that this swap is about support as well? 

I'm not trying to be obnoxious or unwelcoming... I think I'm a pretty "nice" person as far as things go, I just felt passionately about this issue. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2008 11:14:29 AM »

Ok, I may have been brash in my response.  But perhaps another way of phrasing it would be to let that person know that there are resources available for situations like that--like the SPCA.  You don't need to have any reason for turning an animal over--just take it to them and they'll find a home for it or euthanize it if it is an unsafe pet.  Win-win.

I feel that we often tread a very fine line in regards to issues like this.  It may not be considered PC in this forum to express such an opinion, but I think it is important that the intent to be welcoming/accepting doesn't overshadow an issue that could merit acknowledgement/support/possible solutions for future reference.  I think, if I'm correct, that this swap is about support as well? 

I'm not trying to be obnoxious or unwelcoming... I think I'm a pretty "nice" person as far as things go, I just felt passionately about this issue. 

I completely agree that it's okay to inform people of resources, but I think before you may have been a little harsh and it may have come across as negative. What you have just posted is a much nicer response.

If you simply say "there is a place "x" that can take care of these things" is much better than "that is not cool.. etc" I hope I'm not being mean, I just want this swap to be supportive and not turn into a huge critique or judgment of people.

Also - everyone in my group: everything is cleared and up to date and I've PMed you if I need anything. If you didn't get a PM, I don't need anything else from you right now.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008 11:15:37 AM by haroldlovesmaude » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy shop & faves
UrsulaDiamond
« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2008 11:30:13 AM »

ok so i got like 7 today in the mail... the think the postman didn't come yesterday on account of the weather...

back side "you may be wondering why this is a secret. It is because O get so caught up in everything going on I forget it sometimess too"

(just a note to this sender, the envelope was adressed to me, however the card inside was not so you might wanna double check to make sure they all got sent!)

"I am so desperate for someone to love that I get a crush on almost every boy i see"

"my house is a mess! i'm so embarrassed!!"

"i used to fake my mental illness to get attention"

back "tape, books, shoes, everything!!"

'everyone thinks i'm chipper at work I wish they knew that i'm screaming inside while the smile breaks my face"
on the back "I feel the need to be 'happy' for other people's sake"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008 11:31:52 AM by UrsulaDiamond » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Women in Comedy
The Importance Of Delivery in Comedy
Appearing on Television as a Comedian
Learn About the Comedy Club Host
How to Succeed as a Comedian on the Road
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...