A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,441
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 97347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2008 09:08:32 PM »

i love my car. it's where i feel most hidden and able to say whatever, (politically) correct or not. I can scream, yell, curse, and cry unabashedly.

i promise i do more than cry. i just only seem to comment on the crying ones!

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2008 10:01:42 PM »

mystical- Yes, i got your PM Smiley
kristen- My cards havent been commeneted on either, but I'm okay with that. I do, however, take the time to go through every other day or so and comment on all the cards that give me something to say. Not many people are doing that, and that's okay. The purpose of the swap was to send your secrets away and (hopefully) see them here on the board.  Well, that's why I hosted it anyways lol
ryoruki- Holy $#!@. Everyone give the woman a big round of applause! hahaha. You rock!
Americans forget the rest of the world: Yup. I'm an American but I completely 150% agree with that. I think it's sad, but at the same time, the country needs to take some time to focus on itself and fix it's own problems because I feel we're heading in a bad direction. I won't get into that though because it's all politics and totally not fun Wink
sex with daddy- Oh my gosh. That drawing is awesome! haha. I'm happy to say that I've never dreamed that way about anyone in my family- if I did, I'd never be able to forget it either.
WoW; The other girlfriend- Ugh. That's awful. I know this is weird, but have you tried playing? I'm not a gamer, but last year when DH tried the game, I noticed how it "took over" his free time (luckily, it never took over "our" time) so I decided to try it too. I love it. Now DH and I like to play together. We still go to the gym and hang out with friends, but some nights, we just veg out after dinner and play while watching a movie. Anyways, I hope that you are able to figure something out. Relationships should never end over 'addictions'.
cry in my car- Please know that there is ALWAYS someone who will listen to you, even if it's just a stranger online. PM me if you need to talk. Reading your secret reminded me of when I was in such a horrible state and I would hate for anyone to go through it alone. I know it sounds cliche, but I'll be here for you whenever you need to talk!!!!
Can't ride a bike- do you all live in the city? My mom doesn't know how to ride a bike, and she says it's because she grew up in the city where finding a flat surface to ride on was impossible. I can't imagine not learning how to ride a bike, but that's probably because I grew up in the country where I had to either walk or ride my bike to my friends' houses over a mile away LOL

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2008 04:10:47 AM »

This is different. I'm referring the to high schoolers/middle schoolers who believe the world doesnt get them or whatever the stereotype says. thats silly. music on the other hand is not silly. i can assure you you are not the type of "emo" i meant  Wink

Oh, I know  Smiley  hence having to post.  The 'trendy scene kids' you/I dislike are NOT emo, and bands are now shying away from the emo label because of it

Though, at least it means my mother worries about me being a depressed teenager... I'm 31!   Roll Eyes

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2008 04:43:48 AM »

A few more:

Try reading fast food nation, it made sure I'll never eat McDonalds again!

poor hamster!!  I'm hoping it was an accident  Undecided

I love this one, it made me smile really widely, so much my SO peered over and we've now decided that we should both come back as Amish  Cheesy

« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2008 05:26:01 AM »

Lol, I find it hilarious that this one came to me ... I hate chaos in art, I'm such a classical person!
I like how you have made your own mini chaos artwork Smiley

« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2008 05:43:01 AM »

I'm not a member of this swap, but I've been lurking and I love all of your secrets.  What a great way to share!  I can't possibly comment on all of the cards (although I've read and reflected on all of them, so please don't feel bad if I don't write specifically about yours), but here are a few:

Crying when angry:  Ugh, I do this too and I hate it!  I cry when I'm angry, frustrated, embarrassed, etc.  It affected me a lot more when I was younger than it does now, though.  One thing that has really helped me is to not take things so seriously.  I go through the "rule of tens" - I ask myself, "will this matter to me in ten minutes?  Ten days?  Ten months?  Ten years?"  Usually I can stop at ten days, and then I realize that whatever the issue is, it probably is not worth getting so worked up over.

Other people's relationship problems making you feel better about your own relationship:  I feel the same way!  Of course I feel bad for whomever is having the problem and I try to help if I can, but there is always a small part of me that feels so happy and lucky to have my husband.  I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.

Dad sex dream:  I'm no psychologist, so I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that most people think the Elektra/Oedipus thing is bunk these days.  I've read that we tend to have sex dreams about people whom we respect or want to emulate.  In any case, I don't think you need to worry about any latent sexual thoughts about your dad - it's just one of the weird things that the subconscious does.  Also, congratulations on having the most disturbing image of this swap - haha!  Your picture is both hilarious and really unsettling. 

Amish:  The Amish are not what people think they are.  I've travelled all over the world and encountered many cultures, but the Amish are the only people who just leave a bad taste in my mouth.  Domestic violence, animal abuse, child abuse, puppymilling, drug trafficking, misogyny...there is nothing quaint about their world view.

Hamster - aw, poor thing!  I too hope it was accidental.  When I was a kid, I accidentally killed my pet moust by cleaning his cage with a bleach cleaner.  I thought I was making it sanitary, and didn't realize it would be bad for him.

McDonalds - I'm a McDonald's lover, too.  I know it's terrible for me, so I limit the amount I eat it (I usually go once a month or less, and I have a very small meal).  It makes it taste even better not to have it all the time!

Thanks for sharing all of your secrets - I might have to join the next round!

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2008 05:58:37 AM »

First of all Ryoruki you are my hero.  That was impressive.

Second classifying the Amish into one category is the same as doing that with any other ethnic group.  Like anywhere there are problems in many Amish households (where aren't there), but as a community there is a lot of good there.  You can't go wrong with a mindset of anti-comsumerism, pacifism, and a love of God.  Oh and the most beautiful quilts in the world.   

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Cross Stitch Diva

« Reply #287 on: February 19, 2008 07:36:28 AM »

That's so not cool to poison an innocent hamster.

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2008 07:47:16 AM »

That's so not cool to poison an innocent hamster.

I think the point of this swap is to allow people to confess secrets anonymously to somewhat relieve their conscience, without judgement or being made to feel alienated.

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2008 08:51:05 AM »

I'm sorry but to knowingly poison an innocent/defenseless...REALLY difficult not to judge.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jordin Sparks Shows off Body in Bold Crop Top
These 3 Last Minute Costumes Could Save Your Halloween
What To Wear For Halloween At The Office
The Perfect Vintage Flannel with Sami Miro
The Perfect Vintage Suit with Sami Miro
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...