A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postsecret Swap Round 3 GALLERY!!  (Read 82785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2008 11:18:14 AM »

40 swappers, 19 cards each, makes for 760 cards i believe? i'm going to try to comment on all of them, but at the same time, i feel like on some i don't have anything to add to what's already been said, or that i can't relate to the card. but sending is only one part of the swap :3 we also get to receive and i'd encourage you to comment on all the cards that you receive :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2008 11:42:50 AM »

r anyone elses secrets being completely ignored?  Cry i poured my heart and soul into each of my cards and no one has said anything about a single one.... im starting to wish i hadn't joined this swap.... Undecided

Also, you just never know what is going to spark a huge discussion on craftster.  I have made things that I think are super great and they get one comment.  Other stuff is just silly stuff and I get dozens of comments.  Same with the secrets, I think.  Some of mine haven't been discussed, some of them have.  I am glad to get all those secrets out of my system though, it's like releasing something that is poisoning you.  Even if none of my secrets were discussed, I am glad I joined this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2008 11:47:53 AM »

r anyone elses secrets being completely ignored?  Cry i poured my heart and soul into each of my cards and no one has said anything about a single one.... im starting to wish i hadn't joined this swap.... Undecided

I understand, not all cards (including mine) get commented on, but that doesn't mean they're ignored.  Some cards strike up more conversation (like 4 pages about braces and dentists), and like kish said, this board is moving sooo fast!  I am able to check craftster a lot too during the day, and I just can't keep up with all the cards and discussions.  For round 2 and this one, some people did big reply lists, and that is great, but also fills up the board.  I haven't commented on many because I feel like I'd be repeating things, and just "ditto" doesn't seem to be enough.  Some secrets I cannot relate to, but for me, to know that someone out there is seeing my secrets and is "listening," that really helps.  Supportive comments are even better.

Don't feel sad or unimportant, and please don't regret this!  It's crafty therapy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2008 12:31:34 PM »

Only one of mine has been commented on, and that was by the person who received it. And I have like 6 of mine up there. Plus it may be that its a secret that other arnt comfortable talking about, liek the sex dream one. I will be honest, I have had sex dreams about men in my family and it has scared the crap out of me, but I am glad to know Im not the only one.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008 12:34:03 PM by zombiekilla » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2008 12:33:49 PM »

@ kristen
Don't worry!
Life's just too hectic at the moment to sit down and pour my heart out into contemplating each card!
But I will when all this chaos has passed, promise Smiley
I garantee I have TRULY APPRECIATED EVERY SINGLE CARD THAT HAS BEEN POSTED. Not in a corney way. I mean it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2008 12:36:11 PM »

I didn't do this swap so my cards would get commented on, I did it so I could get some things off my chest. Granted I am happy a couple of mine have, but it isnt a huge part of why I participated. I guess I like to think about the people that send their cards into the REAL postsecret site, they don't get comments (some get little email blurbs and whatnot) but for the mostpart they just get posted on the website for all of us to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
hardcoremothball
I can't think of anything clever to say

French Toast...Get it?

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2008 01:12:03 PM »

I have a comment about the emo card...i agree the emo thing is stupid...but to be honest i have never met a single person who would lable themselves emo...people want to lable anyone who cuts themselves emo and i think that that is way uncool...but yes in general i agree with this card...i wish this "lifestyle" or fashion statement or whatever it is will go away...

and also to the smoking/cutting card a ways back...you rock!!! congradulations!!!

As for commenting on secrets...I only comment on secrets i really relate to unless its a card I recieved. I dont relate to every card and i'm not going to make up some comment just for the sake of commenting...the comments really aren;t the point of the swap anyway. the point was to get out your secrets and if you did that then that good! Grin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008 01:17:43 PM by hardcoremothball » THIS ROCKS   Logged
highway16

And that's very unusual for me...

« Reply #267 on: February 18, 2008 04:02:43 PM »

I've finally gotten my scanner hooked back up, so here are the five (!!!) cards I have received so far:

On the back: "If you find this offensive, imagine how we feel..."

(It's hard to see in the scan, but the background of this card is woven from two colors of paper--awesome effect!)

kristen 219, I'm sorry you feel that way! I don't plan to comment on most of the cards, but it is because I think they are so powerful by themselves! Different people have different approaches to a swap like this, which is part of the beauty of this experience. Some people want to reach out and share similar experiences they have had, while other participants (like me, for example) just want to release these experiences and see what others chose to release.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #268 on: February 18, 2008 04:40:21 PM »

Americans forgetting - I have to admit, I tend to do this. I also tend to forget that the rest of America exists, outside of the northeast. I think that most people do this. On the whole, people concentrate on what is around them. The world is a big place, and I think that you'd go crazy if you thought about the whole world all of the time. People tend to simplify things, so they just think about what affects them.

President's Day makes me sad, because there's no mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #269 on: February 18, 2008 04:57:03 PM »

I have a comment about the emo card...i agree the emo thing is stupid...but to be honest i have never met a single person who would lable themselves emo...people want to lable anyone who cuts themselves emo and i think that that is way uncool...but yes in general i agree with this card...i wish this "lifestyle" or fashion statement or whatever it is will go away...

*holds out hand to shake*

Hi, I'm emo

I don't cut, I don't spend days crying, I don't think I'm in any way the height of fashion

I have, however, liked the same sort of music for the past 10ish years, and the term emo is applied to music going back 20 years, which seems to point to it staying around a little longer

What, hopefully, will go away is badly dressed teens looking for an identity and latching on to a music sub-genre and causing the media to go ballistic

see above re marylin mason = school shooters, black sabbath = devil worshippers, pink floyd = drug taking

and, having just come back from an emo gig, I can reassure you that all types of kids/adults were there, and most of us you'd not look twice at in the street.  We just enjoy the music
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Match with Your Prom Date – Without Looking Cheesy
How to Look Edgy Cool at Prom
How to Find Your Perfect Prom Shoes
DIY: Perfect Pair of Cut-Off Shorts!
The Best Front Row Fashion at Paris Haute Couture Week
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...