A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 64749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hearts and laserbeams
« Reply #680 on: January 21, 2008 04:00:16 PM »

oh wow! i didn't know there were post secret style swaps! i love see these, they always bring that little lump up in my throat. there's just something about these secrets that's really powerful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #681 on: January 21, 2008 04:05:34 PM »

i actually got another one in the mail this week o.O i need to find my printer under the pile of junk so i can scan it in :x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
Muria
« Reply #682 on: January 21, 2008 07:41:26 PM »

To the person who sent the report card with the D-, please don't feel stupid. Based on the rest of your grades in Engineering, I'd say it's more likely that your Geotech Engineer 2 professor just had a teaching style that didn't click with the way you learn, and blamed his inadequacies in finding a way to help you learn the material on you.

It really disgusts me that a teacher (at ANY level) would call their student stupid instead of doing their best to help the student learn as much of the material as possible.

I could never get my mind around biochemistry, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid.  It just means you don't want me writing out your equations if benzene rings are involved.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 26, 2008 10:25:49 AM »

Did the postcards received by people away from their mail over winter break ever get posted?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whyme81687
« Reply #684 on: January 26, 2008 12:21:09 PM »

well considering i didn't recieve any over break while away from my mail i have nothing to post.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

« Reply #685 on: January 26, 2008 12:33:16 PM »

I have a feeling given the time of year (extremely high mail volume) a lot of cards were misdirected/lost in the mail.  It sucks but given the large number of cards it was bound to happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

« Reply #686 on: January 27, 2008 09:36:49 PM »

It says, I really like studying, They think i'm insane, I do it to avoid them.

haha! i can totally identify! i have a lot of annoying acquaintances who aren't people that i'd like to hang out with for long periods of time or on any sort of a regular basis. So whenever they call or im i use the "oh well i'm working on a paper/studying for upcoming exam/have wayyy too much hw to go and do something with them. of course... sometimes it's actually true, but it gets them to shut up and leave me alone for awhile :3

and sorry for photo instead of scan, my scanner is now hidden from view under various texts, yarn, half eaten food etc... so... it might not resurface for awhile
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008 09:38:26 PM by Ryoruki - Reason: add photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #687 on: January 29, 2008 09:12:29 AM »

Paperbag has opened round 3: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=223828.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2008 04:36:06 PM »

Okay, I'm mad.  Angry

I'm always loving the post cards as they're posted and wishing I could be so honest and never posting, but the one about the professor telling someone that s/he was stupid just set me off.
So I want to write to that swapper....

Dear Friend,
From your grade card I see you're in civil engineering. My husband is a professional engineer (control systems) and gets to play with ROCKETS!!!!!!! making a gazillion times more than the dumb*ss dean who seriously tried to convince him to drop out of school because, though he was an adult and a journeyman electrician already, he obviously wasn't "cut out for engineering" (read, "you're stupid!").

We remember him every single time my husband has a cool opportunity or gets an amazing raise. We joke that one day we'll send him a copy of my husband's income tax or any one of the pictures of him or us in a really awesome place or by a rocket or something.

The GPA was important for that first interview and never mentioned again. Ever. Since he was already "apprenticed" to a firm and doing a great job, the interview was a formality.
From that moment on, his poor gradeS disappeared and his abilities shone.

PLEASE don't that that turkey get you down! My husband says the ONLY thing he ever learned in class that he actually uses today is determination. The rest is bull____.

Living well is the best revenge.

Love,
Graced
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
udhillb
I live a knitting life, everything else is secondary. "Want to go out for a drink?" "Nope, sorry, I have a project at home that I'm close to finishing."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #689 on: July 20, 2010 12:28:54 PM »

Post Secret Round 13
Sign-ups are open!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354368.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rearrange Layers in Photoshop CS3
How to Remove Acne in Photoshop CS3
How to Remove Dark Circles Under Eyes and Wrinkles in Photoshop CS3
How to Remove Red Eye in Photoshop CS3
How to Rename a Color Swatch in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...