A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shiny new needles = little boy vest  (Read 927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kathleenalice
« on: February 05, 2008 04:45:18 PM »

Ever since I got a pair of metal needles in a kit about 6 months ago I've been looking for somewhere I can get more. Finally I tracked down a Boye stockist in the UK with an online shop.

I now have a dealer who is willing and able to feed my addiction, so I've promised myself a new pair every month until I've replaced my horrible grey plastic *things*.

My first pair are blue 5mm beauties. And they deserved a cute little project to play with. I found this pattern in this month's issue of Let's Knit, which came with a little baby knits supplement. It called for 4.5mm needles and some random yarn which was nothing anything in my LYS, so I plumped for just going by the guage square in the pattern and looking for some yarn that would match that guage on my 5mm needles. I found a few, but plumped for some king cole kwiknit in what i thought was a cute colourway and later realised was the colours of neopolitan ice cream. Ah, well. It also benefits from the ability to withstand a washer and dryer.

So here's the vest's progress in reverse. Photos also featuring the Pins of Joy and my overly-curious moggie, Sabbath.

The pattern was lovely and easy - I would wholly recommend it for a beginner wanting to move on from scarves and suchlike. I's also apparently available in Nursery Days from Paton's.

I know the colours I went for aren't for everyone but I think my new little cousin will look an absolute treat in this with some little baby jeans and a t-shirt! He's quite little and only 6 weeks now and not in proper clothes yet, so I plumped for the 3-6 months size. It'll probably be summer by the time this fits, but the summers aren't particularly warm in this part of the world.

And here's the little man when I saw him just before Christmas...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008 04:45:54 PM by kathleenalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelwings219
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008 08:36:26 PM »

nice job...keep up the good work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008 03:11:07 PM »

Nice vest!  Where do you live that metal needles are scarce?

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Summer to Winter - Shake 4.1
How to Fix Jagged Edges - Shake 4.1
How to an Create Expression - Shake 4.1
How to Use the 3D Keyer - Shake 4.1
How to Create Textures - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...