A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shiny new needles = little boy vest  (Read 935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kathleenalice
« on: February 05, 2008 04:45:18 PM »

Ever since I got a pair of metal needles in a kit about 6 months ago I've been looking for somewhere I can get more. Finally I tracked down a Boye stockist in the UK with an online shop.

I now have a dealer who is willing and able to feed my addiction, so I've promised myself a new pair every month until I've replaced my horrible grey plastic *things*.

My first pair are blue 5mm beauties. And they deserved a cute little project to play with. I found this pattern in this month's issue of Let's Knit, which came with a little baby knits supplement. It called for 4.5mm needles and some random yarn which was nothing anything in my LYS, so I plumped for just going by the guage square in the pattern and looking for some yarn that would match that guage on my 5mm needles. I found a few, but plumped for some king cole kwiknit in what i thought was a cute colourway and later realised was the colours of neopolitan ice cream. Ah, well. It also benefits from the ability to withstand a washer and dryer.

So here's the vest's progress in reverse. Photos also featuring the Pins of Joy and my overly-curious moggie, Sabbath.

The pattern was lovely and easy - I would wholly recommend it for a beginner wanting to move on from scarves and suchlike. I's also apparently available in Nursery Days from Paton's.

I know the colours I went for aren't for everyone but I think my new little cousin will look an absolute treat in this with some little baby jeans and a t-shirt! He's quite little and only 6 weeks now and not in proper clothes yet, so I plumped for the 3-6 months size. It'll probably be summer by the time this fits, but the summers aren't particularly warm in this part of the world.

And here's the little man when I saw him just before Christmas...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008 04:45:54 PM by kathleenalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelwings219
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008 08:36:26 PM »

nice job...keep up the good work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008 03:11:07 PM »

Nice vest!  Where do you live that metal needles are scarce?

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sauteed Salmon Salad Recipe
How to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala
Egg White and Shitake Omelet Recipe
Learn how to Make Seared Lobster Tails with Thai Chili Coleslaw
How to Plate Salmon and Chicken Satay
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...