A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For my Navy boyfriend?  (Read 900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itssimple
« on: January 29, 2008 09:48:59 PM »

I need some ideas of what to do for my boyfriend. He is currently in the Navy, a jet electrician. I'm making the long drive to see him on Valentines day as a surpirse, and I wanted to get some ideas of what to craft him / buy him, so that he knows that I'm always thinking of him. I was hoping for something that has to do with what he loves, his job.  Smiley All the help is greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
barbee
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008 07:09:36 AM »

Hi, that's so nice that you are going to go visit him. I'm a navy wife and I have little no ideas sorry but I thought I'd tell you the little things that I have done for him. Is your boyfriend on his sea or shore rotation. My husband is on his sea so most of these ideas have to do with him taking things places.
I don't know what your skills are but here they are anyway...i'll try to explain them
I made a book out of plastic canvas (I did about five pages of canvas ( cut them to a little bigger than a dvd case and sewed them together) and that is where he keeps his medals and ribbons, I decorated the front. My husband actually takes this with him when he goes on the boat so I figure that its decent enough.
I have made him pillow cases that either have a cute saying or something, something that he could have when you aren't there to remind him of you.
I am in the process of making a blanket for when he goes on the boat because he says the blankets stink. I found some navy material at joanns. Its fleece.
My next project after the blanket will be a dress bag. Oh I just thought of one more idea, maybe something to keep his shoes in because they don't like them to get nicked. Or some boxers with his last name stitched into the waist band since they always have to have their last name on things. Hope that helps I'll keep trying to come up with things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itssimple
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008 08:00:11 PM »

He is home for now, but he just got his paper with all of his detachments on them, and he is a little depressed about that. I was thinking of doing something with two hearts, and sewing them together, and putting something cute on it, like "we will never be detached" or something about that. His favorite music is techno, so I'm currently putting together a little mix cd, of techno love songs. Its cheesy and common, but thats okay, still totally cute. I really really like that pillow case idea, and the blanket as well. I think thats what I'll do.  Grin & He was talking about coming out here for Vday, so I think I'm gonna send up some stuff to his roomie in the barracks and have him put little things around for him to find when he gets home.  Cheesy I will keep thinking of ideas, and post them as I come up with them.  Smiley I'm gonna go down to the craft store and see what ideas I can come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ming
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008 10:17:59 AM »

When my husband was deployed for the first time a few years ago, I prepared a whole bunch of envelopes with things inside for each day he was going to be gone for him to find. These things included love letters, comic clips, short stories, puzzles- anything that would amuse him and remind him of how much I cared about him. To this day he tells me that those letters were the best present I had ever given him. Hope this helps with what you want to do for him! Being in a relationship with a military man is tough, ours was long distance too, but we're finally together now and it was worth the wait. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itssimple
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008 11:31:32 AM »

That's a really cute idea, I just don't think I'd be able to find something to fill 8 months worth of envelopes  Grin He won't be deployed for another year, but he does go on some detatchments this year, none lasting more than a month, so thats when I'll probably do that.  Smiley We are planning on doing something this weekend, because he will be leaving the week of Valentines day, and not be back for about another week. So, I'm pretty much sticking to simple stuff. I'm making heart shaped cupcakes, and I found a cookie cutter that is the shape of a little boat, so I'll end up keeping it pretty simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008 10:16:20 AM »

This might be a little strange of an idea but here goes: you could write him a little poem and then have him memorize it (would he go for that?) and then he can tell it to himself anytime, it will always be with him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 11/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 10/16
How to Crochet a Flower Part 3/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 7/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 8/11
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...