I would like to share a tutorial on how to make a beaded heart pin, using tri-beads, a pipecleaner, and some lace ribbon.
Below are the step by step instructions.
8 inch red pipe cleaner
lacy ribbon, approximately 3/4 inch wide
small length of ribbon for the bow
pin backing of choice
1. Begin the pin by threading a red tri-bead on to the pipe cleaner. Next, thread the ribbon on to the pipe cleaner, through one of the lacy holes. Follow with another red tri-bead. Work near the end of the pipe cleaner, for easier threading. Continue by threading the ribbon on again.
2. Continue threading until you have most of the pipe cleaner covered.
3. When most of the pipe cleaner is threaded, wrap the remaining pipe cleaner tightly around the last tri-bead to secure it.
4. Bend the pipe cleaner in the shape of a heart, and secure the ends by wrapping the last tri-beads together with a thin piece of wire.
5. Add a small bow to the pin. This can be secured with a fine wire or some glue. Add on the pin back and the beaded heart pin is ready to wear!
If you would like to see more step by step photos of how this is done, feel free to visit the complete tutorial by clicking here: http://www.crafts-for-all-seasons.com/Valentine-heart-pin.html