A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 130513 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yesa
« Reply #1040 on: May 27, 2008 02:01:32 PM »

Alright, here is the lovely package #3 I got from lilylola! My bf is having business trips all the time and never has time to take action shots of me wearing the items, so the pics are a bit poor Undecided but I hope you all can still enjoy them.

Again I'm amazed with the beautiful jewelry. The necklace is actually a piece from an old Tamagochi which had a ride in a washing machine. Beautiful colours and great work!

A skirt from recycled fabric. It fits perfectly, it's stretchy and about knee high. Sorry about the bad photo angle, it's hard to take pictures of yourself.

A beautiful sweater from recycled jumper. It has been dyed, reshaped and decorated with different kind of buttons. I LOVE that big wooden one! One button fell off, but I can easily get it back on so no problem.

All the colours mix well together and I love them. Thank you lilylola for being such a great swap partner and a friend! What a fun swap this has been Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1041 on: May 27, 2008 02:31:24 PM »

I got my third package from the wonderful Ma Rut today! Grin

To preface this, i'd like to mention that I've been wanting to join the Once You Pop swap, organized by Ma Rut, for past 3 or so rounds but never make it in time lol The signups for the current round ended on saturday, but i didn't get my feedback until saturday afternoon. I was soooo upset over it! But then i received this...

My very own decorated pringles can! Yay! And here's what was inside:

Random glittery letters lol, Beatles themed stitch markers (the ones with letters say Paul, John, Ringo, George, and Love)

These STUNNING earrings that I am going to put on right after I post this lol

Hello kitty stickers (YAY!)

A Vintage-esque "Love" shirt Grin

and a magnet with a scene from Across the Universe

This was obviously not in the can LOL but she included it since she's a graphic designer and I'm a wannabe Web designer lol So we have design in common and she wanted to pass a long a good beginner book

Thanks for everything Ma Rut! We'll definitely keep in touch and I'm sure we will swap again sometime! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1042 on: May 27, 2008 03:25:13 PM »

OK, yelley does not currently have internet access at home, but received the third package from me on May 8 or 9.

DesignVigilante suggested that I just post some pics to show you all what I sent, and yelley can take better pictures if she wants later.  Smiley

I sent her a quilted tote, in her favorite color.  I made up the pattern as I went along and though I made a few tiny mistakes, I am really proud of it and wanted to keep it!  Smiley  It's about 14"x14"x2".  Smiley

That was the large.  For the smalls, I sent a crocheted wire necklace, which was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to take a decent photo of (camera doesn't like shiny stuff, even in macro mode):

Detail:

I also sent a pink octopus like the blue one I sent last time, and a book called All About Us, which yelley and her boyfriend are already filling out.  My husband and I bought one a few months ago and it was really fun to go through.  Smiley  It has all sorts of questions in it, and you fill out details of your relationship and stuff.  It's neat.

Here's everything together:

Wow, the compression on those wasn't so great.  Oh well!  Smiley

Yelley has received and told me that she likes everything.  Hopefully you'll get to hear it from her soon!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008 03:28:53 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1043 on: May 27, 2008 07:50:43 PM »

Yesa- that necklace is so so gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

« Reply #1044 on: May 28, 2008 07:43:48 AM »

I just wanted to let keeperrox know that the skirts fit awesome, and the bags get used all the time, I love that they end up fitting into a small size then that are easy to leave in the car and i can't forget about them, I use them all the time, and i love the attention to details you gave them.
Thanks for being an awsome swaper,
sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
keeperrox
« Reply #1045 on: May 28, 2008 01:57:15 PM »

Oh yay!!!  I'm soooooo glad they fit!  I use my bags all the time too, so I'm so happy you use your's, too. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #1046 on: May 29, 2008 08:52:59 PM »

I received my third package from sighonthebreeze and it was fabulous.  While getting pictures of all the lovely things I got, I remembered that she had asked me to take pictures of the things in the second package as well, as she'd forgotten to take any.   We've both been in the middle of moves, so I'd forgotten to post them until now. I hope no one minds if I post both of them together.

Package two:

There are three knitted bunnies, known as Woodins, a skien of beautiful variegated purple yarn, and two gorgeous pieces of jewelry: a pink and black bracelet and a cream/gold/red set.  The jewelry is in my favorite color combinations and I have worn them a lot. I'm also planning on reusing the box as sighonthebreeze suggested.  Smiley

Here's a close up of the jewelry sets:

Package three:

There were two more Woodins, cleverly wrapped in brown tissue paper to resemble a log, a ton of beading supplies so I could start my beading adventures, and a crochet hook and a circular needle to go with the yarn in the last package, along with a website to check out for knitting help.  She also sent along a small Eeyore cross stitch pattern so I could try it out without too much pressure.  Her exact words were "in a totally nonthreatening size".   Smiley  It's being smuggled into my project bag for the summer, because really, the three project rule I made for myself is more like a suggestion... Wink

My favorite item in the package was a chainmail bracelet.  I squealed with glee and the friend I was quilting with at the time was very jealous.  My younger brother is just starting in chainmail too and he was very, very impressed. 

And it matched my shirt too!  I had to put it right on, so please excuse the funny wrist position.  I haven't taken it off since I got it, so it's not actually in the group picture.  Smiley
She told me in the letter that it's a 4-in-1 pattern that is generally found in armor and is sterling silver and gold plated.  The beads are actually iridescent.

And one more, because I can't resist:

Woodin bottoms   Smiley

This has been such a great swap and I've really enjoyed getting to know my partner.  I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with her over the summer.  Thanks to all the organizers and of course, to sighonthebreeze!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
suinoko
Strangely Multi-...talented?

GEEK

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1047 on: May 31, 2008 04:35:27 AM »

Finally, finally, FINALLY! I got action shots of the yukata Kitten Wrangler made me. I love it so much. Only, I didn't get a pic before because I knew I wanted pics in the back garden by that bush and we've been having awful rain and floods lately, well, that and pure procrastination. Wink

Cheesy

I've learnt how to kneel like Japanese folk, since I just started taking classes in karate. Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live only for the present moment, there is no other moment.

Here, take a look at my new Wist!
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #1048 on: May 31, 2008 04:56:57 AM »

the colors she picked go so nice with your hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
yelley
« Reply #1049 on: May 31, 2008 04:38:26 PM »

jenicat, thank you for posting those pictures! i love everything you sent... the two little octopi are so happy together ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Braided Hairstyles That Are Easier Than They Look
Hair Roll-Up: A Quick and Easy Hairstyle for Kids
Two-Minute French Twist Updo
3 Easy and Elegant Bun Hairstyles
Rock a Messy Milkmaid Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...