A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 123515 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: May 20, 2008 11:00:53 AM »

Wow, that was a great angel package!  It's so awesome that you got a package with so much effort devoted to it. 

This has been such a great swap.  Everyone has put so much work into everything.  And we've had a huge sampling of so MANY different types of crafts.  It's giving me ideas of lots of things to try! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Paint

I think it's broken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1011 on: May 20, 2008 06:23:05 PM »

Anya Kase sent me an AWESOME package #3... Pics to be posted just as soon as I find my camera!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: May 20, 2008 06:43:04 PM »

Well I have pics of the stuff RedPaint sent me!  It was a GREAT package! Grin

I only had one casualty to the 95+ degree weather. And that was what I can only guess was awesome chocolate.  It was pretty much a puddle at the bottom of the box but it smelled good. LOL!

So here are the little things:

She sent 3 great pin-up postcards , which now preside over my Fridge.

Some BCA sprinkles (yummy) a Photo album with a hand made cover  and matching bracelet.

Here's an action shot of my kick ass bracelet I love it it is never comming off my arm.  All my friends are sooooo jealous!

I know, total cheese right?

And the Large project which is the coolest thing I think I have ever gotten:  A dual sided felt wall hanging with two of my favorite things.  Nightmare before Xmas and Dr. Who.

Pictures so do not do it justice, it is just Awesome!  My son wants it for his room. And so does my husband but its mine all mine Ha! ha! ha!

She also made a generous donation to our favorite cause (BCA) in my name. RedPaint was without a doubt the best swap partner a girl could have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
igobylorib
« Reply #1013 on: May 20, 2008 07:04:32 PM »

I got my last (*sniff*) package from igobylorib last week, but my computer has been acting funny - it keeps freezing up!  It stayed on all night last night (on the craftster page, so it looks like i've been on for 24 hours!) so I'm racing to get the pics posted...

She sent a bunch of fun stuff for me to use in my paper/altered art projects, a vintage vegetarian cookbook (these are always the most fun!), some lovely vintage sheet material (which I collect), a soothing soap, some spices (I'm always looking for new ways to make my food super spicy!), and GNOMES!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/DSC01529.JPG
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/DSC01530.JPG
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/DSC01531.JPG

What a great partner.  She did such a fantastic job of picking stuff that really fit me!
Thanks again, Lori!

There is another package on the way with you large item in - a 16 x 20 painting I did from you wists - in my interpretation ofcourse LOL> It went priority today and I sent you a pm with the DC #. Talk about killer partners. I will take pictures Thursday (tomorrow is so crazy it doesn't exist for me) because the things she made me are outstanding. Jen was by far the most generous crafter I could have ever met. She sent me so many beautiful handmade items that I will cherish.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008 03:57:16 PM by crafty_dame - Reason: please don't quote pics! thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1014 on: May 21, 2008 05:23:44 AM »

I got my last box from GougeAway last week. It was so delightful! We get on so well, it's like it was all meant to be.

Tea infuser! It's so cute. I'm going to become a tea snob. Cheesy Also: "Buddha Balm" lip balm, tiny pink Buddha head (soon to be living in my car, reminding me not to freak out on drivers slower than me, even though that's a sad thing, 'cos I drive like a granny), and RPBC, 'cos Gouge loooooves me. Smiley

More carving blocks for making stamps! She got me soooo addicted to stamp making, it's not even funny. It's totally opened up my brain; the other day I thought, "My curtains are so boring. I should make a stamp and stamp on 'em...." See? Addicted. Anyhoo, also in this shot can be seen a cool zine about the Critical Mass Bike Movement, a little paper picture of candles, and a bag of sours (which we can't buy around here. WTF? I've had Lemonheads, but I didn't even know they MADE cherryheads and sour appleheads... ALL THE WASTED YEARS!).

Several favorite things in this photo. I love the "Wassup, B?" magnet, the zombie finger puppet (my kids love that, too), the beauteous postcards, and the notebook will be very handy as I've recently filled one up. But I especially love the "Zinester's Guide to Portland", which is all chock full of info about cool places to visit (and cheap ones!) in Portland. Indeedy do, I am going to have to drive to Portland just to go to Voodoo Doughnut. Grin

Gorgeous ring! (On my middle finger. The other stuff is my wedding bling.) It's made from a spoon, and fits just right. It only finally came off last night because I did henna on my hands. Cheesy Note that the magnet I'm petting in the photo is holding up one of Gouge's pictures from the first box. Lovely!

AGGGGHHHH! A JAR OF TINY WHIMSIES! I missed the swap for these, but Gouge was in it, and got addicted to making them. And it was SOOO FUNNY because I made one for her, too! We even had some of the same things in each (and weird stuff, too, like fake money!). I squealed so loud when I saw this that I scared my baby girl! Oops. Wink

The whole lot dumped on my counter! Favorite bits: The "future librarian" pin (my mom is one), the tiny kangaroo button, the fun magnets, the domino and scrabble tiles, the assorted paper goodies that make me want to do altered books again, roll of fabric squares, alphabet block, MINI STAMPS AND MINI STAMP PAD AGGGHH! These are SO perfect for me. I <3 tiny things, and kept wishing I had some teeny tiny stamps to do tags for my store. Now I can! Wheeee!

Seriously, this has been so fun, and I think Gouge and I are going to be buds for a long time. We're just too similar to forget about each other! And yes, Gouge, I think you've convinced me (and the DH) that we need to take a trip to Portland! Woooo!

Thanks to Design, too! I'd never have met my new friend without this swap. I hope others are having as much a ball as I am. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1015 on: May 21, 2008 06:53:25 PM »

I received an AMAZING package from DesignVigilante today!!! This lady is an awesome, awesome crocheter Grin

All wrapped up Smiley One for me, one for Rocky my chihuahua, and one for Boots my mini poodle:

For me, a wonderfully knit shrug and matching super long scarf (!!!), loves it! I knit scarves all the time but have never stopped to make myself one and I just adore both of these pieces! First the shrug (pardon the goofy, tired-from-work, nappy-hair action shots of me Tongue) and then the scarf Smiley

DV makes AWESOME doggie sweaters Grin I fell in love with 'em when I saw the ones she sells on her Etsy. She lets her precious chihuahua Georgie model them, too cute! She asked me for sizes of my doggies and I gave her both excited that she might make a sweater for one of them, but she made one for both of my doggies! This lady rocks Kiss

Rocky's sweet Charlie Brown sweater and scarf set Grin

Boots's beautiful chocolate and pink striped sweater and scarf set Grin

Thanks DesignVigilante!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #1016 on: May 21, 2008 07:00:56 PM »

P.S. The sweaters fit them PERFECTLY! I was so happy for Boots especially because he's kind of an in-between size so it's great to finally have something that fits him. Aww, I'm getting teary-eyed again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #1017 on: May 21, 2008 07:13:46 PM »

Eeeee!!! Dogs in sweaters make me wanna squeal!! Grin I'm so glad everything fit! You look fabulous in the shrug! Eeee!!! I'm so happy, making you happy made my day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #1018 on: May 22, 2008 11:46:37 AM »

WOW!! that shrug is awesome!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tristitia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1019 on: May 22, 2008 05:48:31 PM »

I got the second part of my package from igobylorib today, and I LOVE it!
It's a painting based on one I had in my wists - but better.  My picture really isn't so good, the colors are much more beautiful, and some of the little circles are shiny!
I am going to hang it in my living room!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...