A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 130501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linnybelle
« Reply #980 on: May 14, 2008 02:52:18 PM »

Everything is very pretty.  I really like the shawl, it looks a little like a friend knitted for me.  The yukata is gorgeous and the cats are really well done.

I see from the thread that a couple of other people are in the middle of moving too.  I ended up moving a little earlier than I intended, so I'm in the middle of unpacking still.  I did notice, going through the thread, that my partner (sighonthebreeze) hasn't posted any pictures of anything I sent, so although I only have a full set of the first package, and a few of the third, I thought I'd post them.  I know my partner's been busy too, hopefully this helps her out a little bit.

These were my about me items:

I sent two recipes, my brownie recipe and the chicken pot pie recipe that won my bf's heart.  Smiley  I also included two pens, one saying "Uff Da" to represent my Norwegian heritage and one saying "Sissu" to represent my Finnish side.  "Uff da" is what you say when mildly bad things happen, like dropping an egg on the floor, or getting snow in June (yes, it has actually happened to me) and "Sissu" means strength of character. 

There are two flamingo patches because I accidently started collecting flamingos and now they're taking over my house and two orphan wine glasses, because my mom and I think it's more fun to have orphans than actual matching sets.  Also, my grown up china will be Fiestaware, so the unmatched glasses will be perfect with it.  Unfortunately, she told me that they got dropped and broken in the parking lot, despite all my bubble wrapping.  Sad  She did get to see them first though.

Lindt chocolate was included because I firmly believe in the healing power of good chocolate and also because it goes well with a trashy romance novel, which was my last "about me" item.   My best friend and roommate got me back into reading them and I sent sighonthebreeze one by my favorite author.  I believe it was "A Gentleman's Honor" by Stephanie Laurens.

Here are some small things:

I sent a rice pack to heat up with flamingo flannel on one side and a lovely pink print on the other.  Sighonthebreeze said she liked pastels and I figured that not everyone might like flamingos as much as I do.. Smiley  I also sent a growing Valentine, I believe it was a little strawberry plant and bubbles- because who doesn't like them? 

There is a set of four little gift cards that I made while playing around with the stationary, a pretty pack of tissues, and some plastic dinosaurs.  Sighonthebreeze and I are both fans of the show "Firefly" that used to be on Fox, and I thought the dinos were appropriate.  She said her boyfriend liked them too, which I thought was fun.

The stationary catergory:
The tattoo inspired cards:

Each of the sets has at least one color, and generally something like rhinestones tying it together. This one is the gray and the sequins.

The purple and blue set:

Basically just the purple and blue.  The fairy tale castle card has a C.S. Lewis quote.  "Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
The kitty card is all about naps and it is a picture of my kitty, Panda.  I envy her naps.

The pink and blue set has the colors and rhinestones:

The flower set has two quotes and uses pink and green:

The magenta flower card says "Every Spring, dreamers around the world plant tiny hopes in overturned soil.  And every Spring, their hopes press against impossible odds and blossom."- Max Lucado.

The music card says "Never forget that music is much too important to be left solely in the hands of the professionals." - Robert Fulgrum.

The postcards, two from the town I was living in at the time, and one from my original hometown, and one of my favorite lake, Lake Superior:

The ship and the orange post card are from Marquette, the town I was living in.  The picture of the men was actually taken in a mine outside of Calumet, Michigan.  It is my original hometown and almost beat out Lansing for state capital, back when the mines were still running.  Lake Superior and I have a long history and I always feel calmer when I'm around it. 

So that was package number one, minus the letter.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take pictures of the second package, so I hope sighonthebreeze can post them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #981 on: May 14, 2008 04:07:01 PM »

I've received a great package #3 from Cynlynn. She made me a purse in some of my favorite colors with a matching pouch, some stitch markers, some beautiful magnets which will adorn my workspace, some can cozies to keep my hands warm from those cold beverages  Wink  and some divine smelling lotion that she made, I know you can't smell it, but it is just like Vera Wang perfume and is heavenly!

I've had a great time getting to know my partner, she is an incredibly interesting woman and I'm so glad I've got to be her friend  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kyrie04
« Reply #982 on: May 14, 2008 05:31:48 PM »

So I received an AMAZING package from Kaissa a little while ago, and it's taken me FOREVER to get pics posted, for which I am VERY sorry! But here is the awesomeness!

The large was a totally awesome customized messenger bag from my wists that she made for me because I do so much travelling! It's beautifully quilted, and put together extremely well.

Here's the outside.
I Love the colors!

And here is my friend modelling it for you.

She put a gazillion pockets in there for holding all my stuff and it works WONDERFULLY! Sorry, these pics are kinda dark.

Then, also from my wists, she sent these beautifully quilted cards. I don't know if there is anyone I would want to send them to! LOL!

The last one is my absolute fave!

Thanks for such a great package!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #983 on: May 15, 2008 09:03:11 AM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have started a master "feedback received" list found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=217153.msg2335175#msg2335175
I will be adding people as they receive their feedback.
Please check your status on the front page of this thread to make sure it is correct.

Thanks for a fabulous swap everyone and a wonderful gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: May 15, 2008 01:25:03 PM »

I received from Huff today YAY!!!

Ok starting out here's all the ok we'll say smalls haha we both had a hard time with "small"

Here is everything:
Postcards
A special birthday card
2 skeins of patons in a fabulous wool/acrylic blend
2 skeins of patons in a ooohh so soft tencel and acrylic blend
2 skiens of hand spun wool from a local fest there
A  vintage pattern book
A fulled clutch with a vintage broach and shocking pink interior
And a seed Stitch scarf ooohhh so so soft and love the color!

a better picture of the clutch which is coming off as very blue but it's more grey/blue in person and so pretty!

up close of her wonderful knitting on the scarf

also inside the clutch was a key chain with shrinky dink giraffes YAY!!
I love this!

NOW The Large and I am so in love and already know where this is going

A Mommy and Baby giraffe wall quilt beautifully done with a rod pocket on the back ready for me to hang it!
It's so nice and will look great on my wall! The whole house loves it and wants it but nope going in my room LOL

Thank you so so so much Jen I love it all. I too am sad it's over with but it was great to make a freind for life and to swap with someone we could both make things for we wanted to keep but sent and get to know one another through supplies and items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #985 on: May 15, 2008 04:29:13 PM »

That wall quilt is insanely gorgeous! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #986 on: May 15, 2008 04:40:18 PM »

I love the giraffe quilt, beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Huff
You paid what??

I could make it for half that price!

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 15, 2008 04:41:50 PM »

Thank you so so so much Jen I love it all. I too am sad it's over with but it was great to make a freind for life and to swap with someone we could both make things for we wanted to keep but sent and get to know one another through supplies and items!

Awww, you're so sweet!  It's funny how we pretty much know now that if one of us likes it the other will too! It has been an absolute pleasure to swap with a good friend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #988 on: May 15, 2008 06:51:27 PM »

Oh. my. god. that is sooooo gorgeous!  I love that giraffe wall quilt!  Just amazing! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #989 on: May 16, 2008 07:59:47 AM »

The giraffe wall hanging is beautiful! Its now on my favorites  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing the Perfect Yarn
How to Do a Basic Knit Stitch
Introduction to Yarn Fiber Types
Introduction to Yarn Textures
Deciding Which Yarn to Use
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...