A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #960 on: May 12, 2008 03:08:52 PM »

My partner received a while ago but since she is in the middle of a move asked me to post some pics of what I sent her. They arnt great but you get the ideas! For the last package I decided to go wist crazy and make her things off of there.

the hoodie was the first time I ever hand appliqud anything and it took about 5 hours. But it was SO worth it!

Loteria resin magnets

dots tree, its about 8x10

bumpy tree, this one is pretty big, I want to say 16x12, but am not 100% sure on that

ring bowl, made out of polyclay

and some simple dangle earrings

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #961 on: May 12, 2008 03:53:43 PM »

dude, those are really good pictures of the stuff... i will post more when i get the rest of my apartment together.  Cheesy  thanks zombiekilla!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
uknowuluvit

hi =] I'm Deb.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #962 on: May 12, 2008 04:33:45 PM »

Tygir, I'm so glad you liked your package! I'm so slow with latch hooking, I knew I'd never have it finished to get it send to you in time. I'm glad you're on your way to finishing it, and have time to, now that you're finished with school! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Huff
You paid what??

I could make it for half that price!

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 13, 2008 03:31:10 AM »

I've been blown away by everyone's last packages!  I can't believe how many quilts there have been!  And I love that Birdy hoody, so sweet!

Now it's my turn!  I got my final package from Bugaboo1 today and she has spoiled me again!  I feel so lucky to have made such a good friend on this swap and I know that we'll stay in contact, even though we're on opposite sides of the planet!

On with the goodies...please excuse the WIPs in the background, i think there's half a mitten and a heap of paper crafts there, oh and my Burda magazine.  My crafting is taking over the whole house!
Here's all the treats minus the large.

The book I have coveted for ages and crochet patterns to add to my kit from package 2!

Yarn!  Simply Soft, which you can't get here and some really soft bamboo. Plus a Fire Dept badge for my collection!

A learn to spin kit!  Yay!  I'm so excited about this! 

And finally the large!  I love blankets, and this one matches my decor wonderfully!  It's so soft and heavy and snuggly.  And I fell asleep under it this afternoon so it works!!
For size comparison, that's a queen size bed.

And a close up of the cables and colours!

And here's what happened when I put it on the couch to unpack the rest of the box!

The hubby loves it too so it's got the whole family's seal of approval! 

Thankyou so much Bug!  I just love everything!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 03:33:21 AM by Huff » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: May 13, 2008 03:39:24 AM »

YAY for pictures!!!

I'm so happy that box made it there and you liked it all! I guess the afghan was big enough haha I was knitting while in the chat room and you can ask around I was going nuts claiming it was shrinking every 10 more rows I did! It was the amazing shrinking afghan for quiet a while there and I never thought it was going to be done!

I'm glad everyone liked it though, we both can practice spinning "together" and look through our new book (I bought myself the same fabric book I sent HUff) "together" and definitely keep in touch! How else are you going to get more blue caron simply soft after your mom steals that skien? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Huff
You paid what??

I could make it for half that price!

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 13, 2008 05:01:12 AM »

I'm glad everyone liked it though, we both can practice spinning "together" and look through our new book (I bought myself the same fabric book I sent HUff) "together" and definitely keep in touch! How else are you going to get more blue caron simply soft after your mom steals that skien? Wink

There'll be trans pacific spin alongs!  I'm looking through the book going "oh wow, that's how you do that!  I really must try that!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: May 13, 2008 07:07:02 AM »

There'll be trans pacific spin alongs!  I'm looking through the book going "oh wow, that's how you do that!  I really must try that!"

Haha thats why I had to buy the book for myself! I was looking through it going OMG I want to know how to do that!

ooohhh and This could be my reason to add a spinning wheel since Tristitia was the one who first enabled me with my kit, now I've enabled you I can just claim you 2 made me do it!!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 07:07:57 AM by Bugaboo1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Yesa
« Reply #967 on: May 13, 2008 09:17:34 AM »

Gosh everyone is having such a wonderful stuff! I'm a bit embarrassed to post these #2 items this late from lilylola now after several weeks. But better late than never, right?

A spinning kit with a beautiful spindle, great instructions and the softest roving ever. Then there's a clock made out of circuit board (finally a craft that my bf was also interested of!), pretty felted stones from my wist and a beautiful black crocheted necklace.

Here's a close up.

An action shot of the necklace so you can see the pattern better.

Everything was perfect for me! Thank you lilylola, you're such a good friend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #968 on: May 13, 2008 05:53:08 PM »

I should wait for suinoko to feel better and post pictures herself, and I really hope she posts action shots... but I'm in complete showoff mode, and... of course.... want to show off what I sent to her.

First - the small items. I spent a long, long time on the large item, so these were done tres quick.

2x pairs of earrings

1x necklace. With pink = 0 and brown = 1, this SHOULD spell out 'geek'.... but don't take my word for it.

1x quote bracelet. Suinoko mentioned that she was reading Brave New World, and then this idea flashed into my mind. It's the Soma Song from the book, strung onto beading wire. I want variations of this for myself.

And finally.... the large item: A hand-crafted, hand-dyed and batiked yukata. Good for wearing on those days when you really don't actually feel like wearing much at all (a day known at my house as "Pantsless Sunday")

It is not an easy thing to photograph... see?

I've already posted photos of the yukata in the clothing thread... but I'm a boaster at heart, and couldn't wait to show it off again.

Suinoko says she likes it - and I hope she's not saying that just to make me happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #969 on: May 13, 2008 06:38:55 PM »

I finally sent today! O' course, the p.o. was packed with people snatching up the "forever" stamps before the rates go up tomorrow, and juuuuust as I got up to the counter, I realized I'd forgotten to take pictures of the items I made. *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ALEXANDEREPAIR
How to Start a Nature Journal
How to Stretch
How to do the cow face stretch
How To Write Query Letters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...