A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,483
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 123199 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #930 on: May 06, 2008 03:57:19 PM »

I received...I'm a tad bit late with pictures...But I work a LOT! Anywho...on to the goods. Kyrie gave me a wonderful spa package..which will be amazing...hence the working a lot part! How'd she know? Because we talk all the time, that's how!

There's a candle, bath salts, body wash...bath goodies...YUMMO! The candle smells amazing..even before lighting it. Umm yeah don't pay attention to all the junk on my dresser...Hey there's my powder!

These are cute little bath soaps! They smell good too. I'm  glad I took pictures before I put them in my bathroom!

Everything was warapped in really nice fabric! What a clever way to protect the goods, give me MORE fabric to add to my stash, and keep from using paper!

YOU ROCK KYRIE! I'M GLAD WE'RE BUDS...I'm kinda sad it's over...Let's hold hands and sing "It's sooo haaaard to say good byyyye to yesterdaaaaaaaaaaaay" *tear*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 03:59:05 PM by Pinky Damone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.etsy.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blogspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #931 on: May 07, 2008 07:01:43 PM »

I hit the Make A  Friend JACKPOT!  My wonderful friend Kimby. sent me the most awsome 3rd package! 

A rag quilt made from denim and baticks (same batics as the placemats she made for package 2)  She made her own stencils and bleached the denim.  She also sent a great coloring book, fancy colored pencils and a snowboarding bear!

Here are pics of some of my fav stencils

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #932 on: May 07, 2008 07:53:38 PM »

Kimby and FicklePegasus-
That is so incredible.
Oh my word.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #933 on: May 08, 2008 06:24:21 AM »

Wow! So many great quilts in the third packages.

I love the denim rag quilt. How do you bleach the denim? What do you make the stencils out of? The designs are fantastic and so clear in detail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #934 on: May 08, 2008 08:15:11 AM »

hey all i haven't been around much since life has kind of exploded but i got the most awesome package from bugaboo1!! i love it so much and as soon as i can gather all the pieces again (they're scattered throughout my luggage because delta is ridiculous & made me redistribute TWO POUNDS between my two bags so they would both be exactly 50  Roll Eyes ) i will have pictures to show & incur jealousy.

bug if you have pictures you should post them. i'll have some in action bag shots soon i've been carrying it around since i got it- that bad boy held flip flops, a dress, two books, my wallet & phone, two bottles of lotion and a water bottle! it was super cute AND saved me from having to spend $80 on an overweight bag lol!

all these quilts are mind bogglingly beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: May 08, 2008 08:59:42 AM »

I love that Quilt! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: May 08, 2008 05:00:54 PM »

I have a few pictures to post for wanderluster of what I sent her for her 2nd package.

This is the bag I made, I forget the dimensions but it's the exact size of a US Flat rate box (the flat kind)

It has 1 outer pocket and then

when she gets bored it's completely reversible. The proange side also has an outer pocket.

I lined each with the opposite sides material.

this is some of what I put inside. I know I also made a needle roll for knitting needles and started a knit hand band for her and sent some yarn as well. I couldn't decide on which kit she should get so I sent her a learn to knit book with needles and accessories and then a learn to sew book with a pattern some material and a sewing kit as well as the get to know you items and such.

Glad you enjoyed it wander! Can't wait to see it in action!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #937 on: May 08, 2008 05:28:33 PM »

Totally loving that bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Kimby.

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #938 on: May 08, 2008 07:15:41 PM »

I GOT STUFFIES!!!    Grin

FicklePegasus and I were kinda freakin' out because I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a cruise to Alaska, and we were afraid I wouldn't get my 3rd package on time. Well, just in the nick of time, it's here!

FP made me wonderful "filet crochet" greyhound placemats! These are so very cool! I've seen a lot of different crafts with greyhound themes, but never anything crochet'ed (is that a word?) The multicoloured blue is a bit hard to see the detail, but the cream really stands out.

For my "smalls", she included a bunch of pens from DW ... I work for the DMV in Nevada, and we are constantly running out of pens at our desks. Customers just pocket them and walk out the door. The technicians like to buy weird, wild pens that don't get taken. FP thought the huge red pen would probably stick around a little longer than run of the mill pens. And the ear plugs are for our trip ... my husband snores terribly, and she knows how I've been worried about going on vacation with him and being stuck in the same tiny room with him for 9 nights (we don't sleep in the same room anymore; sad, but true):

She also sent this really wonderful, cozy sweatshirt with Pluto embroidered on it for me, and a great, old school Mickey Mouse tee for hubby dear, but he grabbed those and packed 'em in our suitcases before I had a chance to take pics (and I was threatened with my life if I dug 'em out again!) Grin

Thank you sooooo much, FP! And thanks to our wonderful organizer (who probably didn't know what she was getting herself in to) and our co-organizers (who all deserve big, frosty margaritas for dealing with this madness!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucius
FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: May 08, 2008 07:29:33 PM »

hahaha. Love the story that goes along with the big red pen. I can just picture somebody trying to pocket that one. hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
About the Expert: Courtney Gray
Handmade Portraits: Brooklyn Watches
How to Turn Old Watch Faces Into a Bracelet
How to Make Beaded Wrap Bracelets
Turning Sea Glass Into Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...