A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122784 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: May 04, 2008 05:24:29 PM »

My package to Sewknitter is making a weird diversion in SWEDESBORO, NJ 08085 according to the dc#....
I hope that means it is almost to its destination!  According to mapquest that is only 1 hour and 11 minutes away from her town! Whoo hooo!
On pins and needles... on pins and needles... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #891 on: May 04, 2008 05:31:01 PM »

Deb, yep it is on course.

All my priority packages leave through swedesboro. It across the river from Phillie.

Oh gooodie goodie gumdrops! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
calluna
« Reply #892 on: May 04, 2008 06:02:06 PM »

My partner, Fabric, is overloaded with work right now so I'll post some pics of what I sent her for package #3.
Basically it is a journal (big surprise, I always send journals!) which can be carried like a purse, or it can be a regular journal without the purse-handle too.

The spine/base:

What really makes this a "large" is that it's got a lengthy quote on both covers of the book that I did in needlepoint. Here's the first part:

Here's the 2nd part:

Here's what it says in its entirety (I pretty much know it by heart after spending so much time with it!):

"Be wicked, be brave, be drunk, be reckless, be dissolute, be despotic, be an anarchist, be a suffragette, be anything you like -- but for pity's sake be it to the top of your bent...

Live fully, live passionately, live disastrously. Let's live, you and I, as none have ever lived before." - Violet Trefusis, 1918

Then here's the inside of it, with the screwposts that make it close up and hold a purse handle.

We both like art nouveau and steampunk aesthetics, so the needlework and the structure of the book reflect those interests. I also decorated a couple of Altoids tins to go with the book, but didn't get photos of those; one was extra small and I attached it to the book to hold "necessary miscellany,"  Smiley and the other is full of journaling prompts on little cards. The book structure has a 3-ring binder, so I included different "refills" like a dream journal and this list-making set that helps bring awareness of the cycles of one's life.

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out; I only wish that it could have fit inside this little steampunk-looking trunk I got on clearance at Michaels last month; that would have made the package more complete, I think. I might just have to keep crafting for her and send it later on! And since I didn't come up with the purse-handle idea til after I'd bound the book, the needlework is upside down.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

« Reply #893 on: May 04, 2008 06:11:52 PM »

Hey Keeperrox I am glad that you like it and that it goes well in your room, i have never made a quit before. So it was a fun first try... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
keeperrox
« Reply #894 on: May 04, 2008 06:25:25 PM »

Hey Keeperrox I am glad that you like it and that it goes well in your room, i have never made a quit before. So it was a fun first try... Smiley

OMG! I didn't realize this was your first quilt.  I think that makes it 1,000 times better!  It really is amazingly cool.  We had a realtor in tonight to look at the house, and even she commented on it.  She said it reminded her of something that would have been in her granny's house and asked if it was something that was passed down to me.  I just smiled and told her that my friend made it for me.  Thank you so much, again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sin esperanza
« Reply #895 on: May 04, 2008 06:37:31 PM »

calluna, that journal is absoulute genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #896 on: May 04, 2008 06:39:02 PM »

I have started a quilt.. but me and my love for corduroy .. yup... I am making it out of cord.... I started the embroidery last fall... and have put it down.. one of these days I will start it up again.  I don't know how many celtic knots I have already finished but it will hopefully be done before it gets cold again!

sewknitter - I am soooo glad it isn't making a weird detour!  I am so excited!!  I am probably more excited than  you are - okay, that could be debatable.. but I am nervous on top of it all!
I always get nervous when one of my babies flies the coup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Kimby.

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #897 on: May 04, 2008 07:35:27 PM »

Ooooo, lots of quilty goodness being spread around on this swap ... exciting! (At least to me, a die-hard quilter.)

The crazy quilt was the bomb ... fantastic first time attempt, Snaps! I foresee a serious quilting addiction in your future ...  Grin

The princess baby quilt is absolutely precious ... soon-to-be grandbaby will love to cuddle with it and her taggie.

That camera bag is too wonderful for words!

FicklePegasus should be getting my package ANY DAY NOW ... stupid USPS. I hope I get mine from her before we go on vay-cay to Alaska next Friday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucius
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #898 on: May 04, 2008 07:55:59 PM »

Calluna, you always kick serious ass. That journal is magnificent! I hope to have the much talent some day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

« Reply #899 on: May 04, 2008 07:56:24 PM »

ohh here is a teaser of my third package for Ruby_soho!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Authors Robin and Michael Mastro
Roz Chast Talks About Too Busy Marco
Dr. Oz Talks About YOU: Raising Your Child
David Rabe Talks About Girl by the Road at Night
Will Bunch Reveals Who He Admires Most
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...