A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 130472 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #700 on: April 07, 2008 05:40:01 AM »

I hope you have better luck with your needle punch then I did... I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet, or found fabric that it works on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kyrie04
« Reply #701 on: April 07, 2008 06:04:06 AM »

I received an AWESOME package from Kaissa a few days ago! So, then of course, everything decided to die on me, my computer, my camera and then the internet! LOL! So, FINALLY, here are the pics of all the super cool stuff she sent! I'm so excited, I can't wait to use it all!

First a quick pic of everything.

She sent me some really cute stationary that she dyed with bubbles and food coloring! It's really cute! And she sent me some scrapbooking letters that I can't wait to use! And stickers, and some really pretty notecards.

Then, she sent me a really pretty zipper pouch, I love the fabric, it's really pale. She also sent me a heating pad! And I LOVE the fabric for this one, it's gorgeous! I don't think the picture shows it very well. But it's a really deep red. And she sent me a decoupaged box, with some vintage paper, I'm going to keep puttting teas in it, which she also sent, and they are yummy!

She also sent me a tutorial that she made just for me to use for putting in zippers and making zipper pouches. She knows that I've been terrified of zippers ever since I saw my grandma sew her fingers together putting one in! So that was really sweet, and I can't wait to try it. Especially with all the great fabrics she sent! Also going with the fabrics, a REALLY cool book on making bags! I'm fairly new to this, but they're so much fun, and I want to try about every bag in the book!

And last, but not least, she sent some REALLY COOL pics of her place, and some really pretty postcards! I'm so jealous of her photography skills, and where she lives!

Sorry if you can't see the pics too well, it's hard to take a pic of a pic!

Thank you so much for everything Kaissa, I hope you like your package as much! It's almost ready!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008 06:06:59 AM by Kyrie04 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kyrie04
« Reply #702 on: April 07, 2008 06:28:30 AM »

Sorry to take up so much of the gallery at once, but envyus asked me to go ahead and take pics of what I was sending her because she's having some camera issues. So here is her stuff.

A knitting kit. She has someone who is teaching her how to do it, so i didn't include how how-to book, but got her a magazine with some really cool patterns and stuff in it for after she learns. Some yarns in colors that I hope she likes, and of course, some needles.

I also got her a couple notebooks so she can stay organized! Her life is pretty crazy! LOL!

A bag in her color that I added some studs to, to give it some character.

And last, my personal favorite, a book that I am finding absolutely enthralling, and that I think she will thoroughly enjoy.

I hope she likes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #703 on: April 07, 2008 06:55:16 AM »

I'm a total whore for girlscout cookies as soon as I can taste again this box will be empty. 

Great package!!!

THIN MINTS!!! You're killing me! Yum! I've been known to sew for payment in thin mints. hahaha. Our house burned through 1 1/2 cases of those bad boys in a week. Now I have to wait another year Tongue

Have you guys seen the limited edition Edy's ice cream?  The Thin Mint ice cream is great! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #704 on: April 07, 2008 08:11:30 AM »

I hope you have better luck with your needle punch then I did... I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet, or found fabric that it works on.

Weaver's cloth!  I found some at walmart, people at hobby lobby did not know what I was talking about!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
assilem421
« Reply #705 on: April 07, 2008 08:28:02 AM »

Sorry for taking so long to post pics of the great package I got from Lootyaj last Friday, but due to tornados on Friday, I didn't have power until Saturday night, and then my power cord for my laptop stopped working!  But finally, here it is:

a reallly cute flowerpot in the shape of a cup and saucer with some pansies!  I've had my eye on this exact pot for awhile now; how did she know??!? Shocked

Next, a Fat Bottom Bag and matching coin purse with absolutely adorable fabric lining.  I love it!  The lining is in my 2 favorite colors, pink and turquoise and the FBB was straight from my wist list.  And the coin purse is lined with the same fabric plus a fabric covered button to match.  I'm so lucky!

Next is the knitted calorimetry, which I have been coveting after.  She did a fantastic job knitting this up and I love the color!

And then she included an addition to the Pac Man set of dishcloths!  Yay!  These are just too cute.

Look at these perler beaded car decorations Lootyaj made!  Mario Brothers mushrooms! (Watch out; I have an extra life now AND I can grow to twice my size! hehe

I love everything so much~Thanks Lootyaj!  You're the best partner ever!
I am so enjoying this swap! 

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008 05:52:51 AM by assilem421 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mel
Smiley
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: April 07, 2008 09:39:53 AM »

Everyone has received such great packages!  I am anxiously awaiting mine.  I keep checking the UPS tracking to see if some how, because I keep looking, that it will magically get here today. LOL!!!

Excellent work everyone! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #707 on: April 07, 2008 10:08:53 AM »

It's almost funny that my first package is still touring the world (or whatever it's doing) while the second one arrived in just a few days. I'm glad you've got something at least. I have to try to send a postcard to you to see how long time that will take...

The wrist warmers really suit you Gemusia! I have half a wrist warmer made for me, but I get side tracked by other projects so it'll take a while before I have my pair ready... Too bad, because my hands are cold! *wanders off in search of another pair of warmers* I know I have some around here...

Sorry for my bad handwriting... The text on the envelope is supposed to read "Pimp my bag"-kit. Smiley

All the packages are so great. I just love checking the gallery for new replies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #708 on: April 07, 2008 11:10:56 AM »

Noob crocheter question: why do those headbands everybody loves have such a dangfangled long formal name? Caliometry or however it's spelled- sounds like some kind of algebraic formula as opposed to a pretty thing for your head....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #709 on: April 07, 2008 11:51:04 AM »

Noob crocheter question: why do those headbands everybody loves have such a dangfangled long formal name? Caliometry or however it's spelled- sounds like some kind of algebraic formula as opposed to a pretty thing for your head....

I've wondered the same thing, and I don't have an answer, but when I 1st started looking at Craftster wishlists and had no idea what a "calorimetry" was (I don't know the correct spelling either but that's what people were using), I looked it up on wikipedia--and it has nothing to do with pretty crocheted headwear!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorimetry

Also, kaissa appears to have had much better luck with the bubbles-and-food-coloring paper than I...But seeing how well hers turned out, I kinda want to give it another try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stop the 7 Signs of Aging Hair
Need A New Look? The Hottest Wigs For You
Beyonce’s Hair Colorist on How to Dye Your Hair at Home
Woman Got First Gray Hair, First Period In Same Week
Woman Explains Why She Embraced Her Gray Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...