A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 121051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quilted
« Reply #680 on: April 05, 2008 07:15:39 AM »

Faemystique has once again spoiled me rotten!

She sent me an amazing learn-to-knit kit with yarn, a pattern, FOUR books, and every possible accessory I will ever need (even a needle gauge!) She also sent a hand knit washcloth (I can't get enough of these), and a crocheted and embroidered bib for my big messy guy. Finally, a hand painted outlet cover for the nursery (actually, this would work in any room. It's so beautiful!!).

Thank you so much, you amazing swap partner, you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #681 on: April 05, 2008 07:58:38 AM »

Sorry for the delay, here are pics of the rest of the awsome package Kimby. sent me!  This was just the pick me up I needed that day! (I had found out earlier that day that a friend I've known since 1st grade passed away 9 months ago.  I'm not sure why no one bothered telling me before then)

This cracked me up when I opened it (it says "No, I didn't send you and iron...I killed my old one!) My hubby looked at me funny when I walked into the room with an iron box  Cheesy

In addition to the palcemats/coasters, she sent a pretty greeting card w/a pic of Lake Tahoe on the front

Spoiler knew there was something for her, and Lizard was right behind her

The joy, the fights...

But all they really wanted was the kitty crack

Thank you so much, Kimby.!  Hubby likes the placemats/coasters too (It's so cool to have new stuff just in time for our new apartment!) The kitties say meow,  I assume that means thanks...or it could mean send more you puny human.  I like to think I've raised them better than that, so we'll pretend they said Thank you  Grin

There are more pics here http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/Ariel_AKA_Warp/Swap%20-%20Received/ If anyone is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
Kimby.

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #682 on: April 05, 2008 08:41:57 AM »

I think it was kismet when Fickle sent my dog a collar in the second package and I sent her cats toys and kitty crack. We have a psychic (psycho?) connection or something ...   Grin

And the iron box was to recycle and reuse. (okay, that's just an excuse ... the box was there and they fit inside)   Grin

I hoped you would like the bright batik placemats and coasters; I figured if someone's wedding colours were green and purple, they HAVE to love hot colours!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucius
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: April 05, 2008 09:21:36 AM »

Grrrrrrr! For the umpteenth time, I cannot upload my pictures to craftster. I dunno if they're too big or what-- so I'm storing these on my LJ for now, so the loading will take a bit longer. Please let me know if they're ginormous or something, 'cos they're showing up fine on my monitor. Bleh! Sorry...

I received my package from GougeAway on a day that was totally crappy; it was pretty much the only thing that made me not bury myself alive! And wow, is it ever awesome:

Closeup of the box she sent. She does these awesome rubbings-- I think with nail polish remover or similar (I know she posted a minitut here)-- and this is one of my favorite Craphound images (I cut it off the packaging and kept it in my secret paper things stash):

All the loot on my messy table:

I gave my daughter the pretty pink fabric that she'd used as packaging. She said it was yummy. Wink

She sent a FABULOUS rubber-stamp carving kit. I'd wanted to do this for so long, and had a few failed attempts because I was using erasers (not bad on themselves, just small) and a dull Xacto knife (resulting in cut fingers). The kit she sent included many erasers of different sizes, several carving blocks, a deluxey stamp pad, a soft pencil for transfering images, a step-by-step tut on disk, several mounting circles and E-6000 to glue stamps to them, a handmade skull stamp (which she made in the tutorial), and my favorite, an fecking sweet lino cutter that works like a dream and all the little tips fit inside the handle so I don't lose them (which I would very quickly do otherwise). I tried it out already, making a very simple leaf stamp.

Outside of the box--so pretty!:

The goodies:

The stamp she made:

The stamp I made:

The lino cutter which I damned near slept with under my pillow last night (you can see the ink on my hands from testing out my stamp):

Cheesy

She and I share a love of zines and other papery goodness, and MAN did she spoil me in that department! She sent a buttload (which is bigger than a normal load) of zines, including Steampunk Magazine (I'd downloaded a copy, but having it in my hot little hands is so awesome) and Found. I never mentioned my love of Found to her, but we both adore it. Smiley I read the book they put out, but never had a copy of the actual magazine. So these are living on my nightstand at the moment, and the heap o' zines will be getting their own special box for our household reading pleasure.

Zines!:

I love this one with teeth:

More zines!:

Fun paper stuff! Also seen are the stamp carving blocks, a pin that says "Reading is Sexy", a sweet little pen, and a plastic kid's ring that did not survive the journey  Cry
:

What I did with some of the paper stuff already:

She also ordered me a mini-sampler, which I'd always been tempted to do! It had a bracelet, a pin, some tasty tasty cocoa soap, a really funny cross-stitch chart (which could probably be used for knitting or crocheting, too), a small skein of handspun yarn in a beautiful yellow colorway, a fancy card, and a zipper pull. It was all so cute and sweet and I want to eat the soap! But I'll take smelling like cocoa instead. Smiley

Sampler:

Detail of chart, which says "Chubby ninja fears no diet"  Grin :

And last but certainly not least, she sent more of the chai that she's gotten me totally addicted to (I'm drinking some right now), and spiffy candy that turns to gum when you chew it (my son made off with a lot of it).

I love chai.:

GougeAway, you spoiled me silly! Thank you so much for all of this, but most especially for your nice letter and the craft kit. You really cheered up my week. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
uknowuluvit

hi =] I'm Deb.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: April 05, 2008 01:49:11 PM »

I received my 2nd package from Meg (craftster name Tygir) last night! And I love everything and have already ate a bunch of the (homemade!) candy.
here's the candy, mint chocolate shaped sheep! dark chocolate filled peanut butter truffles, and berry flavored hard candy. yum yum
my kit! It's a yarn dying kit. I can't wait to try. I bought some yarn last year to dye with koolaid and never got around to it. Now I've got everything together!
three handpainted canvases of PENGUINS! I love penguins sooooooooo much. I'm def. gonna have to hang these up.

thanks so much Tygir I love everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 05, 2008 05:00:43 PM »

that package is top notch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

« Reply #686 on: April 06, 2008 01:09:46 AM »

I also received from atlascoughed!!!!!!  I LOVE my package! This is the greatest swap because I know I have a great friend for the rest of my life!  Atlascoughed and I were meant to be friends, that cannot be denied!

Here are the wonderful contents of her package!

Some local periodicals and a wonderful letter:

A "De-Stress Kit" that was greatly needed after a crazy week!  Most of it has already been used by me at this point!  She included a yummy coffee candle, some beauty products, bath fizzies, a neck warmer, and chocolate (yum!).

This beautiful necklace is made with one of my favorite color combinations, green/pink:

Some extra goodies: a cool postcard, a matchbook notebook (we're both writers), and a little turtle finger puppet (which I'll bring to work and my students will fight over....)

And a KNITTING KIT!  I'm so excited!  I've been wanting to learn for awhile, and she made me a kit with all the necessary supplies, extra yarn, a Stitch-and-Bitch book and journal, and even a video tutorial!

Yarn in my fav colors: blue and brown!

This is such a perfect package for me!!!  I love it!  Thanks so much, you know I love you girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
dj dizzy Dayna
« Reply #687 on: April 06, 2008 10:04:57 AM »

I received my package from JW on thursday!! sorry for the late post!
She is so amazing, she knew exactly the things i loved and needed!!

Here's the package when i opened it!

The most amazing purse ever!!!
This is the "pleatness Bag" off my wist

Upclose pic of the fabric

What every girl needs: a tampon organizer!

Opened up! And she was gracious enough to fill it..thx! hehe

Great Elephant stuffy

Patch!

i think im gonna put this on my crochet hook organizer

A kit to sew a crochet hook organizer from my wist

And the coolest eva!!
Two Bettie Page Buttons!!!
holy sh*t!

Best Package!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!

Thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

« Reply #688 on: April 06, 2008 10:45:07 AM »

love love love that skull bag but the entire package is badass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
SpottedFrog
« Reply #689 on: April 06, 2008 11:12:58 AM »

Where did you get that fabric!?!? I must have some!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Liz Funk Reveals Who She Admires Most
David Rabe Reveals His Favorite Movie
Helen Perelman Talks About Candy Fairies
Jackie Collins Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Jeffrey Ross Talks About I Only Roast the Ones I Love
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...