A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 121021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: March 28, 2008 10:12:03 AM »

Love the organizer. Are those film containers? Is that your original pattern or did you find it someplace. What a really, really nifty idea!!!
It is a McCalls pattern. It is one of those patterns that seems simple, but is really fussy so be forwarned that it is kind of a PITA. It is one of those things that I'll happily make for someone, but won't for myself. And yup - film containers they seem to mate in the junk drawer. In my state film containers in your car are "probable cause" for a search so I make sure they aren't left in the car.

Thanks for the info. I will have to look for that when patterns go on sale again.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the film containers. It's gotten really hard to get them in bulk from 1 hour photos anymore when we need them for girl scout projects. We have to show I.D. and proof of what it's for. Just crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #581 on: March 28, 2008 12:42:01 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean about the film containers. It's gotten really hard to get them in bulk from 1 hour photos anymore when we need them for girl scout projects. We have to show I.D. and proof of what it's for. Just crazy!

That is just bizzare! My photo place just gives them to me if I ask - they have never even batted an eye about it. The only reason I know it is probable cause here is an old boyfriend of mine got his car totaly tossed because he had them all over his car. What did he do for a living? Photographer.  What did he not smoke? - oh wait - he did, but had the sense not to carry it around in film canisters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: March 28, 2008 01:15:30 PM »

yay! i'm so glad that you liked your package, jenicat... i was worried about it after i got yours Tongue i'm glad that the slippers fit and that you liked the quant... i needed to learn entrelac and i saw the quant in your profile as someone else's project that you liked, so i figured i would send you the results ^_^ you should really try it... once i got the hang of it it was a fun knit. it doesn't even take up one whole ball... i wanted to make a matching one for riley too, but i was worried that the silk garden would be too itchy for baby skin.

that is a huge yarn stash! best get to crocheting ^_^

Ha.  Yes, I have way too much yarn.  A lot of it has been purchased on sale, so I've justified it that way.  Smiley  I really do want to try the quant.  I saw it in Knitty when that issue came out, and I was really excited about it.  It looks neat because it's small enough that I'm not going to have to commit to something huge. 

Riley laughs at me every time I put it on.  Smiley  She just thinks I look funny with it, I guess.  Every time I put it on, she starts giggling and grinning like a maniac!  So cute.  She must like it too!

Everyone's packages look really great.  I can't wait to see what everyone does for the large item!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2008 04:32:50 PM »

i['m sending sooooooooon. these kits are AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.ets y.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blo gspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

« Reply #584 on: March 29, 2008 01:19:13 PM »

proabbaly cause? what the heck for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.ets y.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blo gspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
SpottedFrog
« Reply #585 on: March 29, 2008 02:12:37 PM »

Recieved box #2 from my friend Mimiw Cheesy
Teaser:

So here's most of the goodies: an Embroidery kit with multiple hoops & tea towels so I can do it with my daughters, That cute bag she made is chock full! (more detail in the next picture)
A trash bag for my car, way better than I would have done, it has a removable pouch liner and baggies! (she must be psychic, not only have I been planning on one it matches my cars colors perfectly). A bazillion more crochet patter books to go with my first new craft. A cute handmade portfolio book and a Amy Butler pattern note card book, and well, the best part gets it's own pic later Smiley

Detail of the embroidery kit Smiley Subversive stitching! I have no excuses now!

Goodies for Chaos, Destruction & Hubby: goregeous tees for the girls, cute little bags filled with lip balm & chocolate and Big Serious chocolate for hubby

[I posted this & then Craftster crashed- so trying again!]
The very best part! A new friend for my kitchen & my East facing window!

Ok, it's grey & cloudy today, but that probably helped the pic come out better. Mimiw is really getting the hang of stained glass Smiley I love all of it! Thanks so much for being a great partner!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008 04:45:06 PM by Penlowe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
porfavoray
« Reply #586 on: March 29, 2008 02:56:14 PM »

Hi!

So I got the second part of my second package today!

Here are the lovely goods:

Lovely wool for to spin, with some homespun of her own(the first part of my second package was a learn-to-spin kit):

A feathered comb, melted bead coaster, and earrings shaped like slices of pie:

And of course I had to go put on bright red lipstick and take a picture wearing the comb. I was compelled.

Like my bathroom?

Thanks so much, LizzieMcGuire!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog
Etsy
wists

I would like to do personal swaps!
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #587 on: March 29, 2008 08:37:54 PM »

wow those are some amazing packages I really hopr there is a second round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: March 30, 2008 04:14:38 AM »

mimiw is my hero - I love stained glass - oh my god that frog is just gorgeous!!
You guys are getting some awesome loot - and have raised that bar high again!
I must get to finishing up my package in the next day or two!  I am so excited about the main part of my package that I haven't finished up the other parts!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: March 30, 2008 08:22:49 AM »

Very cool stuff.  I ilove the comb and the stain glass frog.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Turquoise Eye Makeup
The Best Hair Removal Techniques
Beauty Blog We Love: Martinis And Mascara
DIY Sugar Lip Scrub Recipe
3 Beauty Secrets For Summer
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...