A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,477
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 123177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

perlabella

"It is what it is."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: March 25, 2008 07:34:21 PM »

Oh I do take forever to upload images don't I? Tongue lol but here's what I received from my buddy SilentMynerva for package 1 Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

narhloki
« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2008 09:46:46 PM »

YEY! I got my parcel yesterday and I think it's the best swap parcel ever Smiley

It helps that my swapper is Awesome!

My swap haul:
(clockwise from left spiralling inward)
Postcards!
Notebooks.
Postit note pads.
Photo frame,
Photo album filled with great pics.
Beartie Botts Every Flavour Beans.
Chili mix.
A photo frame.
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
A scrapbooking kit and album.
ipod cozy knitted by Jenny.
The letter
Notecards
A magnet with one of Jenny's favourite recipes on it.
Jenny's favourite hand cream (smells beautiful!)
Notepads and a bunch of pens!!

Sadly the parcel I sent Jenny came back today Sad
So I'll need to repackage and send it out again.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 01:31:10 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #562 on: March 26, 2008 06:17:07 AM »

I know the point is to be making friends but my old brain gets really confused when people start calling each other by their real names. Can we post usernames at least once with these lovely packages? Smiley thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
awesomejennyb
Jenny Bomb

I'm awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: March 26, 2008 06:25:35 AM »

I'm Narhloki's partner! haha since she forgot to say that!

I'm so glad she loves sverything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...
awesomejennyb
Jenny Bomb

I'm awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: March 26, 2008 11:05:21 AM »

oh and one of narhloki's notebooks is a book lovers diary. it's pretty cool. you can keep track of books you've read, books you want to read, books people reccommed to you and etc.

I had my mom get me some postcards from home (Buffalo, NY) because we have postcards at every store because we're so close to Niagara Falls and my mom sent me like 10! haha so I just sent them all to Jill!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: March 26, 2008 07:47:44 PM »

I got yelley's package today, and it is every bit as amazing as I knew it would be!

This was waiting for me when I went outside to leave for school today.

Unfortunately, I had to wait until I got back from school to open it - well, that's not true... during the time I sat with my daughter in the van waiting for my hubby to come home and take me to school, I opened three of the little wrapped packages inside... This is what I opened!  What a teaser.  I couldn't wait to get home from school to open the rest.

Yelley's share-a-craft items!  Yay!  She filled a cute little pencil case with stitch markers, yarn needles, crochet hooks of all sizes and materials (well, plastic and metal!), a needle threader, and those neat little foldable scissors, and a tape measure!  Most of which she decorated with cute little flower stickers.  Aww.

Then there's the Yarn Diary she personalized for me (and she included a business card from a yarn store in San Francisco, the back of which allows me to keep track of my needles and hooks - the back of the card, I mean; not the store!), which will help get me organized.  THANK YOU!

She also sent The Crochet Answer Book, which is really awesome, because I have a few crochet books, but they are mostly project books.  So this will ABSOLUTELY come in very handy.  What a great idea, yelley.

A shot of the little kit all assembled and closed up; it is aptly named "Jeni's Crochet Kit."  Smiley

The rest of the goods:

A beautiful cotton bag that yelley crocheted - if this is a small item, I must be going CRAZY.  This is so gorgeous that when I opened it, my husband said "Wow, you really got shown up."  Haha.  SO TRUE.  It is lovely, yelley.  Thank you!  I will use it immediately.  This picture does it ZERO justice and it is so roomy that it's nearly impossible to get a decent shot of - this is about the fifth picture I attempted of it.

Okay, the next picture does the individual items zero justice, so I took action shots too.  Smiley  The turquoise/olive things are what they look like - crocheted slippers, which I am currently wearing (and have been since I opened them!), and they fit perfectly! 

The other item is Quant, from the Winter 2007 Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTquant.html)- I don't know if yelley looked through my post history, or what, but I had been admiring someone else's on the knitting board.  Wow.  No picture I could take would even come close to the beauty of this.  It's so pretty, and she did SUCH a nice job on it.  I don't have an action shot of me, but I held it up around my daughter's head so you could see the color a teeny bit better (not much!)... it's made with Noro Silk Garden, which is a beautiful yarn that I have about 4 skeins of just sitting around waiting for a good pattern... this might be one I will have to tackle at some point!

Beware - shirtless baby ahead!  It was right before PJ time.  Wink  What a cutie pie!

These are some adorable chopsticks and a chopstick holder yelley got in Japantown in SF.  I LOVE these!  They have very cute little monkeys on them, and the case says "I like to read the fantasy story," which is great because I TOO LIKE TO READ THE FANTASY STORY!  Wink

And last but certainly not least, we have a photo of a "Newborn Impressions Kit" - you know, the plaster cast kits for your child's hands or feet (which, by the way, I did NOT have already, yelley!) - I will use this tomorrow on Riley before she gets too big (sniffle)...and a package of adorable little moon and star mosaic tiles.  I've been wanting to try mosaics for a long time but never had the courage.  I will now make something really pretty with these.  Maybe something for Riley's room.  Or maybe I shall make a border on the plaster piece with them.  Who knows!  But I promise to put them to good use and show yelley the finished result.  Smiley

Thank you, yelley, for a wonderful package!  My husband was so excited to see what I got that he postponed going to bed (he gets up at 4:30 AM for work) to watch me open everything, and commented very positively on everything you sent!  It is all so awesome; I could not ask for a better swap partner!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!  Smiley

I love it all!  <3  You clearly put a lot of work and love into the package, and you're wonderful.  I want to give you a hug.  Awww.  Smiley

EDIT:  By the way, this is why she didn't send any yarn in her share-a-craft kit:

Yeah, I have way too much yarn.  Those drawers are STUFFED full.  Sad
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 10:02:44 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #566 on: March 27, 2008 04:31:32 AM »

WOW!!!

that is a great great package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: March 27, 2008 05:19:25 AM »

Great package. Quite a yarn stash you got going there Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatzudoin
« Reply #568 on: March 27, 2008 05:49:39 AM »

Here are my photos of the first package that I sent to my partner starryeyeddiy.

My fav gum, candy and hot chocolate. Also, a photo album and rubber stamp to represent my love of scrapbooking.

Small items: duct tape wallet, owl stuffy, amigurumi elephant, gel pens and elephant sox.

Pillow for her to stuff and a paperbag scrapbook. My photos and postcards were part of the scrapbook.

Stationary items.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do personal swaps if anyones interested. If your interested please write me!
yelley
« Reply #569 on: March 27, 2008 08:41:43 AM »

yay! i'm so glad that you liked your package, jenicat... i was worried about it after i got yours Tongue i'm glad that the slippers fit and that you liked the quant... i needed to learn entrelac and i saw the quant in your profile as someone else's project that you liked, so i figured i would send you the results ^_^ you should really try it... once i got the hang of it it was a fun knit. it doesn't even take up one whole ball... i wanted to make a matching one for riley too, but i was worried that the silk garden would be too itchy for baby skin.

that is a huge yarn stash! best get to crocheting ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is Crpy Fried Onions Are
What Are Bragg or Tamari
What Is Bok Choy
How to Cook Rice in a Pot
Learn Which Thai Chili to Use
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...