A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 308,230
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 165724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpottedFrog
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2008 06:09:51 AM »

The stakes have certainly been raised!

Methinks Jenicat buys wholsale Wink Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FunThreads
« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2008 06:44:11 AM »

Oohlala! Great package. How fun is that!?!

Gosh, I need to get cranking on my package today and tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2008 07:12:02 AM »

Aw, thanks!  It was so much fun to put together!  I don't buy wholesale often, but I do have a HUGE bead collection (because I work for a bead store) that I rarely do anything with.  I figured I'd share the love.  Some of the beads I bought expressly for the package, but a lot of them were from my own collection - as were all the wires, crimps, etc. 

It was a lot of fun to put together, and you're right, yelley - I did get totally excited about labeling every compartment.  Especially the ones that had more than one type of bead in them.   Grin  Total nerd.

Yeah, the octopus was a pattern from http://www.futuregirl.com/shop/patterns.htm - I had seen someone post theirs on the toys board, and knowing how much yelley likes cephalopods, I had to make it.  Smiley

Yay!  I'm so glad you liked everything, and sorry the magnets came undone.  That is really strange!  I tested them time and again before shipping them!  Argh.  Oh well; if you can fix 'em (I'm sure you can), be my guest!

I'm so glad it made it!  I was so worried yesterday.  Oh, and sorry there wasn't a letter!  Haha. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelley
« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2008 08:17:39 AM »

yeah... it just might be a while before i get to fixing... my hot glue gun is still packed somewhere ^_^

i hope you get your package soon! maybe tomorrow...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Kyrie04
« Reply #554 on: March 25, 2008 08:30:49 AM »

That's a beautiful package! It's amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2008 08:32:29 AM »

wooooow jenicat!  amazing package even without the bead kit, but the bead kit totally makes it.  the labels are a neat-freak's dream Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2008 11:01:08 AM »

Though my messy house is no proof, I am a neat-freak at heart.  I love to be organized, and I'm getting there slowly but surely.  My craft area is all labeled and organized, so that's at least one thing... Smiley

Oh, I can't wait for my package!  I mean, I CAN wait... but I'm really excited.  I'm sure it's going to be awesome.  This is a really fun swap.  I'm glad I decided to do the share-a-craft, and even more glad that I have a partner who had a desire to learn it.  I hope you put the stuff to good use, yelley!

I was lamenting over what beads to throw together, and my sister-in-law (mcbenno) said, "it's like what we tell people at the store: it doesn't matter what beads YOU think would go well together, because the person you're giving it to is not going to put them together how you had envisioned anyway."  Good advice.  I hope I've at least got a decent starting point for you, yelley. 

Oh, and I gave you one of those mother of pearl elephant pendants because I loved them so much when they came into the store that I bought 3.  I love elephants.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelley
« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2008 12:12:22 PM »

a teaser picture for jenicat, since she should be receiving tomorrow....

what could be inside all those packages!? ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2008 12:20:31 PM »

You wrap everything so nicely!  I started to, and then I thought, "I'm tired, but I want to get this done...so I'll wrap quickly."

I wrap Christmas presents nicely, but only because they sit under the tree for weeks with people occasionally looking at them... Smiley

Ooh, I can't wait! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunThreads
« Reply #559 on: March 25, 2008 01:06:27 PM »

Though my messy house is no proof, I am a neat-freak at heart.  I love to be organized, and I'm getting there slowly but surely.  My craft area is all labeled and organized, so

As I always say, there is a difference between being highly organized and being a neat freak. I'm very organized yet my house is always in a state of chaos since I'm not a neat freak. But there is a method to the madness Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...