A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,201
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 122904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: March 21, 2008 08:57:23 AM »

I'm sorry, Magentasunshine, did you say you DON'T have peanut butter in Brazil? Like at ALL?! I think my body composition is 3/4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

yeah, it's right. a few years ago a friend brought from the us lots of peanut butter and i got addicted, but they don't make it here, or import. it's terrible. i love it Sad((

OMG! Peanut butter is a staple in my house. I don't know what I would do without it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: March 21, 2008 09:14:19 AM »

I'm sorry, Magentasunshine, did you say you DON'T have peanut butter in Brazil? Like at ALL?! I think my body composition is 3/4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

yeah, it's right. a few years ago a friend brought from the us lots of peanut butter and i got addicted, but they don't make it here, or import. it's terrible. i love it Sad((

OMG! Peanut butter is a staple in my house. I don't know what I would do without it.

LOL I found one thing the Italian guy whose here will eat without fear now...yep Peanut Butter! Love or hate the US almost everyone that comes here at least likes our Peanut butter!

The 2nd packages are already arriving OMG! Some lovely kits. Mine is done! But due to the holiday can't be shipped until next week Sad I so hope it's as good as when everyone else is receiving and my partner loves it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: March 21, 2008 09:25:49 AM »

i lived in brazil and was horrified that they didn't know about peanut butter!! i totally got our driver addicted to peanut butter & banana sandwiches  Cheesy

eep all these 2nd packages and i haven't even posted my first one up yet! i really need to get my own camera...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #513 on: March 21, 2008 11:17:25 AM »

Wow my partner, Maltiriel really spoiled me on package #1!

Photo of Maltiriel, her husband, pets, and locations around town. Also my letter, and postcards too:

Stationary! Oh my gosh - she did amazing for not being someone who is experiences with papercrafts. I got beautiful paisley lined paper in pink and green (my favorite colors!) and they have my name and address on them. I also got a notepad that is in the same paper but the top says "From the desk of Rachelia"! How cool is that? Then there are super-awesome envelopes with all my info printed on them, and they are lick-and stick! Beautiful insides too:

Show and Tell Items - a dishcloth made from her favorite pattern, one that resembles her grandmother's; favorite kind of chili (red); t-shirt from her favorite restaurant; the pen from her university; family recipes and prickly pear jam and candy:

Small items: Ravenclaw stamp, Ravenclaw windowcling, (handcarved Rachelia stamp pictured here, but it was stationary) sand globe, dreamcatcher pendant, chile-dusted pecans (YUM!), Guatemalan worry dolls.

Thanks so much, I love everything Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kyrie04
« Reply #514 on: March 21, 2008 11:42:42 AM »

Wow! That is an amazing package! I love the handmade stamps and stationary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #515 on: March 21, 2008 01:24:40 PM »

And, she just informed me that it was only her 3rd try at hand carving stamps? It makes me JEALOUS!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
porfavoray
« Reply #516 on: March 21, 2008 01:45:29 PM »

Oh, my! All of these packages are so brilliant! I want that Ravenclaw stamp sooo badly. Maltiriel, you really carved it yourself? It looks amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog
Etsy
wists

I would like to do personal swaps!
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: March 21, 2008 02:43:07 PM »

Those stamps are really cool!  Very well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #518 on: March 21, 2008 03:28:02 PM »

hand carved stamps??!!!

DO NOT give me another craft to add to my list!!! i seriously do not have any room in my craft corner already!!!

awesomeness
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: March 21, 2008 05:23:45 PM »

I have been a crummy friend!
Sewknitter sent me the most amazing package and I have yet to post up pics - I am organizing a big swap and it just sucked me right in the past few days which I know is a miserable excuse but hey, it is MY excuse right?  Cheesy

anyhoooooo....
I asked sewknitter to be my partner for this round - we have crossed paths here or there but never got a chance to get to know each other - and I tell you what I am glad that we are getting to know each other now!  We have a ton in common. I swear we might as well have sent ourselves packages more or less!

Birds and Bloom magazine - the pictures in this are just amazing!
And local information!! 

We both machine embroider and she sent along some test sews for me to put in to my future projects

Heh heh heh I should send her some of mine next time around!

Isn't that fiber just too pretty to use?  She sent it for me to add to some of my art quilts!  I can't wait to play with it!
And the dish towel has already been allocated to my kitchen!

Those are little clay sea shells from a craft show she picked up - they are just adorable!  My parents live in St Thomas most of the year and I am thinking of creating something really pretty with them - and isn't that the cutest little bag she sent them in? She loves the beach by the way!

Sewknitter is also a talented card maker - she sent me estationary to jazz up my emails and also paper postcards and notecards

Stationary items - you know I actually did separate out everything in to categories for my pictures and I haven't even gotten in to it all - she has everything labeled with explantions it was just like going through a treasure chest  speaking of treasure chests.. did you see in one of those pics above the cool cigar box she sent me?  Way cooler than the one I found in town.  I think there are other crafters in town that get to the cigar shops before I do!  I don't ever find those really nice ones!
Anyhoooo... stationary! Yes that's where I was at..
take a look at the post its!  She personalized every one of those in that pad with me all over it! How cool is that?
I think she is trying to make me in to a paper person!

She also sent some yummies for the kids - some lotion that I am now addicted to - healing garden white teatheraphy if anyone ever has to find something to send me Wink
and gum... which Logan has taken a liking to..
It's Trident green apple fusion - you put a piece of the sweet in your mouth...

then you put a piece of the sour in your mouth...

and then you enjoy it!

There is so much in here to look at it's just too funny - things I had considered sending to her - or at least very similar to the things I was thinking of sending - and all sorts of nifties in there - she has spoiled me rotten.  She doesn't think so but I feel like a queen right about now.  This was a fantastic get to know me - okay every time I think of that I think of that old  SNL skit where the guy is saying Get to know me over and over throughout it. Okay. I just dated myself, didn't I?  I can picture the comic who did it but- okay. I just googled it - Jon Lovitz dang if I could not remember his name..

This was just fun all around.  Tomorrow is my sewing group - and I can't wait to sew all night for her.. I have a few tricks that want out of my sleeve!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet the Post: Q&A with WorldViews Bloggers
Break the Cycle and Never Go Back
What Does the Second Amendment Actually Mean?
Dr. Henry Cloud Offers the Key to Success to Continually Move Forward
Can You Fall Back in Love with Your Spouse?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...