A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-A-Friend Swap Gallery  (Read 116420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RusskiMom
« Reply #470 on: March 18, 2008 03:13:22 AM »

This is how happy I was to find a notice from the post office that my package from Arzu had arrived! Cheesy After a hard day of working with hormonal thirteen-year-olds, it was just the pick-me-up I needed.

Arzu's show and tell items included her favorite book, her favorite recipe (have to try this!), a bandanna from her former university engineering department, a 20-sided gaming die, and a small rug from Azerbaijan (where she worked as a volunteer English teacher).

For stationery, she made a variety of cool cards. She swears this is her first time making her own, but they turned out great! One set is pretty Asian papers, another is origami animals she folded, and the third set is abstract.

Arzu also sent a variety of small items, like a puzzle eraser, a vanilla-scented stuffie (now hanging on my craft lamp), a magnetic picture frame she made, beads, a disk of photos, some cool handmade knitting needles (more dice!), a notepad, and she even threw in some grow-your-own insects for my kids. They say THANKS TONS, by the way. We already have grown some sort of flying insect.

Also cool is that Arzu wrote about half of her letter in Russian, which she's studying. I'll need to practice improving my grammar to write her back.

Thanks again, Arzu!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Nonsense is good only because common sense is so limited." - George Santayana
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: March 18, 2008 06:21:24 AM »

Just wanted my peoples to know I've changed the layout of our gallery main linkie page. Please double-check it to see that I've listed you as having sent package 2 (there are three of you! Super speedy!) and that any gallery post has been linked. I think about half of you either haven't posted to the gallery or haven't PMed me with a link, so I may have missed it.

Thanks ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #472 on: March 18, 2008 07:13:30 AM »

awesome, atlascoughed.  interesting way of doing that, i like it! 

feel like there must've been a pm or something i missed, i had no idea we were to pm you our links.  will do henceforth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #473 on: March 18, 2008 07:15:33 AM »

Just wanted my peoples to know I've changed the layout of our gallery main linkie page. Please double-check it to see that I've listed you as having sent package 2 (there are three of you! Super speedy!) and that any gallery post has been linked. I think about half of you either haven't posted to the gallery or haven't PMed me with a link, so I may have missed it.

Thanks ladies!

Does the coding make your brain hurt?? I always take a deep breath before adding anything to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Arzu
Cookies and Lasers! Brilliant!

« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2008 09:06:46 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything RusskiMom, and that the package arrived safely through international mail.  My brother's roommate just received birthday cards from California this week, that were mailed almost two months ago, so I was relieved to see that my package made it to Russia safe and sound, without too much delay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: March 18, 2008 01:49:39 PM »

Does the coding make your brain hurt?? I always take a deep breath before adding anything to it!

Oooohhhh yes. Today I woke up with a headache, but didn't want to wait any longer to update everything, and by the time I was done, I had to have a lie-down. Luckily I didn't try to attempt it without coffee. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2008 04:20:46 PM »

oh, and it makes me crabby that there arent more *Belle* exclusive items too...

Great News!  Today the Chapeau re-opened with a build-your-own ears hat!  Complete with a Belle patch for it! Grin  (just thought I'd mention it for the next time you're visiting)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2008 04:31:55 PM »

oh, and it makes me crabby that there arent more *Belle* exclusive items too...

Great News!  Today the Chapeau re-opened with a build-your-own ears hat!  Complete with a Belle patch for it! Grin  (just thought I'd mention it for the next time you're visiting)

build your own *ears*Huh is that new, or did i seriously miss it in the 16 days i was there in December...i have 3 different ears right now (i lost my very first ears Sad) and i would love a personalized set (are they in Disneyland too? or just in *the world*..i go to Disneyland about 4 times as often as i go to WDW)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2008 05:37:56 PM »

belle is pretty much my favorite and it drives me nuts that she gets so neglected- usually in favor of cinderella and sleeping beauty. belle was an avid reader, bilingual, devoted to her family and a befriender of inanimate objects and scary beastly-but-secretly-hot men alike. and to me that makes her awesome so CAN WE SHOW HER SOME LOVE DISNEY?!?

but i couldn't wait any longer to eat the chocolates sarah made me & figured i'd better document their existence before i chomped down on the last one  Grin

this is the cute cute box they came in- she turned a mini cereal box inside out & glued cute stripey fabric to it with that tag (oops the wrong side is showing!) that explained that she made the chocolates. aaaand that junk in the background is for size reference. yeah that sounds good. size reference.

one of the chocolates pre- devouring:

(p.s. that says snickerdoodle which i've never had and is yum)
yumminess inside:

EVENTUALLY i will get pictures of the rest of it i promise!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
magentasunshine

making the world more cute since 1986.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2008 05:50:08 PM »

HEEEERE I AM!
I have the best partner ever and i want to be her friend for a zillion years, thank you. here is the package i just recieved and loved:

before

after!!!

what's in:
- a little purse in her favorite colors and an AWESOME fabric
- her favorite book, by david sedaris
- little mermaid stickers
- reese's peanut butter cups (DELICIOUS :~~ we dont have peanut butter in brasil)
- her favorite lip gloss
- her favorite gum (orbit! love it! dont have in brasil either)
- beautiful earings! i loooove them.
- postcards from her school - beautiful place to be, by the way.
- lots of pictures!
- toys for my cat pipo :~~ in a bag with his name on it!!!! awn!!! he's loving it right how.
- a shot glass, which im SO using it next weekend, hahaha
- SQUEE PLUSH. im like  Shocked hahahahha ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!
- cards and envelopes
- a dvd that i didnt watched yet cause daddy's watching a movie.

kate, i want you to know that you made my terrible day better. i'm with amigdalitis, eye infection, no money, bad luck, my feet hurt, i'm tired and sad BUT YO UMADE ME SMILE and i'm really happy right now. i'm happy that we found each other.
i had a few problems with the post office but you should be getting my packages soon. i hope you like it as much as i liked yours!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dani Cruz
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Big Style Mistakes Women Make
Get Your Fashion Week Trends For Less
H&M Launching High End Line In London
Life-Changing Makeover Revealed
Tricks to Dressing Slimmer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...